UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New name on recruiting radar screen

Scouthoops is reporting that we are involved with a one Kelly Kaigler out of San Jose (Oak Grove High School). No offer has been extended as of yet based on the information I was able to dig up. Would be a recruit for the '08 season.

For informational purposes only.....listed as 6'1 - 6'2 PG (actually is a combo guard)

Scout says - "Quick point guard with solid frame and good feel for the game. Can create own shot and a good defender. Likely mid major prospect with a chance to go higher."

ESPN recruiting says - "Played well in the Pangos Fall Classic, displaying strong athletic drives to the basket and a solid understanding of the game. Tends to shoot too much for a one, but he makes enough unselfish plays to warrant the combo-guard label. Would like to see his savvy improve as well as his jump shot before I start dishing out any college-level opportunities." ESPN grades him as a 76 (for comparison purposes Raffa is a 75) #59 ranked SG in the country.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple more names added to Scout's list of players Albany has interest in for 2008.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&am...umn=RatingValue

Chris Fouch - 6'0/170 SG Rice HS, New York, New York

For those not aware Rice HS is a perennial powerhouse in NYC hoops. For example, they played Simeon HS out of Chicago (who I believe are ranked top 5 nationally) and beat them by 2 with Fouch receiving Outstanding Player Award for his team (link below). Derrick Rose got OPA for his team and if you didn't know he is a top 10 recruit this year headed to Memphis.

This kid Fouch plays against top level competition and seems to be doing well. Hopefully, he doesn't blow up too much and start getting offers from high major schools.

http://www.nycsportsnews.com/articles/details.htm?id=1017

Jermaine Braumuller - 6'9/240 PF Bishop Ford HS, Brooklyn, New York

http://hsnewyork.scout.com/2/617736.html

I like how it seems Albany is recruiting nationally with kids so far from NY, IL and CA on their radar.

They also added a guy to the 2007 list.

Eion Lewis - 6'4.5/185 SG Bishop Ford HS, Brooklyn, New York

Same school as Braumuller. Maybe they are talking to him in case he opts for prep school and becomes a class of 2008 prospect.

I have heard we may possibly have another scholarship opening up

They also added a guy to the 2007 list.

Eion Lewis - 6'4.5/185 SG Bishop Ford HS, Brooklyn, New York

Same school as Braumuller. Maybe they are talking to him in case he opts for prep school and becomes a class of 2008 prospect.

I have heard we may possibly have another scholarship opening up

Baument? We've been speculating for some time now, I don't think anyone really knows.

This is definitely Bauman's last year playing. He will be recognized along with Jamar and Siggers on Sunday during Senior Day.

Although I'm still not sure how we could have another player coming in next year. We have Ambrose (maybe getting enough financial aid to cover his costs as he's already enrolled as a student here this year?), Raffa, and Allen to cover the three players leaving. And we shouldn't forget the Weaver kid from CBA who signed with the football team and plans on trying out as a walk-on for Coach Brown. Not sure how realsitic that is as I've never seen him play and haven't heard much about him (although I do think he was on the News Channel 13 All-Star team this year?).

This is definitely Bauman's last year playing. He will be recognized along with Jamar and Siggers on Sunday during Senior Day.

Although I'm still not sure how we could have another player coming in next year. We have Ambrose (maybe getting enough financial aid to cover his costs as he's already enrolled as a student here this year?), Raffa, and Allen to cover the three players leaving. And we shouldn't forget the Weaver kid from CBA who signed with the football team and plans on trying out as a walk-on for Coach Brown. Not sure how realsitic that is as I've never seen him play and haven't heard much about him (although I do think he was on the News Channel 13 All-Star team this year?).

We will be just fine with what we have coming in.

I can tell you this...BISHOP FORD IS ONE OF THE BETTER BROOKLYN PROGRAMS. When I played, we upset them at at Christmas tournament...a HUGE WIN for a public school at the time.

Nice to see Brown mixing it up with the CHSAA....those kids are READY to play...and most are on "scholarship" to high school.

Where did you hear that Bauman is in his last year with the team. I know this has been a hypothesis of some on the board given our recruiting, I just want to know if an offical source confirmed it. I hope that DB gets the chance to start I think he has earned it.

Where did you hear that Bauman is in his last year with the team. I know this has been a hypothesis of some on the board given our recruiting, I just want to know if an offical source confirmed it. I hope that DB gets the chance to start I think he has earned it.

I received the general Boxoffice email from Athletics today inviting fans out to Senior Day on Sunday to honor Jamar Wilson, Jason Siggers, and David Bauman.

Archived