UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

unpopular thought

This post is going to be unpopular but I almost hope Boise St beast us in the Bracketbuster. Currently we have an 8 game win streak which is our longest in D1. If we go undeafeted the rest of the way that would require a 16 game win streak to make the NCAA's and 17 when the guys win in the first round. Thats a tall oder for any team let alone a program on the upswing. I would trade a loss to Boise St. to any AE loss the rest of this year (Reg. season and Tournament). With that said 17 in a row would be great but I dont know if i see it as possible. Just my thoughts.

I.e., like a wake-up game, etc. While I have no thoughts on that, I only add that I think your numbers included the play-in game on March 2. Instead of win 17 being the first round in the NCAAs, that would be win 16 in a row. We are mathematically assured of not having to play Friday night's play-in game. The worst we could possibly do at this point is be 11-5 in the Conference, which would still get us second or third place, and thus, our first A.E. Tourney game is on Saturday. To be assured of third and maybe even second place in the Conference with 3 games to go is pretty amazing. This team deserves a heck of a lot of credit. And they do continue to improve ... .

I continue to believe that it is very possible that whatever happens this Sunday, both UA and VMT could very well lose another game in the final weeks (we have to play at Stonybrook, which is a very athletic team, and we then get Boston University at home. Vermont, on the other hand, has an arguably tougher schedule, which includes games at Maine, at Boston University, and Binghamton at home (as well as one other game that I can't remember at this time)).

It's never better to lose. A 16-game winning streak isn't necessary because we've already won the first eight. From this point on we're shooting for an 8-game streak starting Sunday.

It's like that crap about 'it's tough to beat someone three times in one year'. That's only true if you've lost one of the first two. Is it impossible to beat a team 12 times in a row? maybe, but if you've won the first 11, who would you bet on in the 12th?

Plus, I don't like giving the team a chance to learn how to lose.

Our first wake up game was at Harvard...when the team realized it had talent. The second VT at VT, when the team realized it had to play within Coach's scheme. The final one...at BU, where the team learned that it could win games with defense.

WE DONT NEED ANY OTHER WAKE UPS AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON. Championship teams are set at this time of the year.

These kids are coming out on ALL CYLINDERS LATELY.

The real issue: THE AE IS MUCH STRONGER THIS YEAR...MUCH STRONGER.

I hear what you guys are saying...but three wakeups are enough.

The year before we joined the AE Hofstra finished the season on an 18 game win streak. I'm not sure if it's better for the team or not but it would be fun to give that a try. Other than making plans for watching the Boise game at the Pub I'm not going to worry about that game until after Sunday.

The year before we joined the AE Hofstra finished the season on an 18 game win streak. I'm not sure if it's better for the team or not but it would be fun to give that a try. Other than making plans for watching the Boise game at the Pub I'm not going to worry about that game until after Sunday.

My thoughts exactly DP.

My thoughts exactly DP.

I'm with DP, would be fun to try. Don't understand all this talk of a wake up.

Makes no sense to hope we lose at Boise State. The damage to the individual mindset, on a national stage, then reinforced by 8-10 hours of home-bound travel to think about it, is not exactly what you hope for.

I won't be at the ATSP, but I'll be in a tavern just like it.

And lets win tomorrow!

Archived