UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MAAC Final

An excellent game last evening, particularly the ending. I thought of those of you Danes who professed to be temporary Siena supporters. Are you out of your mind? When the time came, were you really watching the game and yearning for a miracle ending? Did you really groan when Ronald Moore's out of control runner didn't go in with a half minute left? Could any Dane fan have really hoped for that at that moment?

Now they'll offer their NIT credentials. But sixteen wins plus 2 against NJIT and 2 against Iona should not get you into the post season.

I fell asleep right before the game last night and woke up this morning (TV still playing on ESPN 2) to ESPN Radio saying that Niagara had won. My initial reaction: relief and joy (and I was ticked at myself for missing the game). As a fan of the city of Albany and this area, I would have cheered for Siena BUT FOR the fact that their fans disrespect us all the time and put us down. I simply didn't want to hear their B.S. for 8 months if their team had made the NCAAs and we had not. A stupid --- but real --- reason to not cheer for them; nonetheless, it is a reason that finds its genesis solely in their behavior. If we were already in the NCAA Tournament, however, I would have supported Siena --- but not told anyone about it --- to the fullest because it's great for this geographic region.

As far as the post-game emotion from Haddix, I appreciate his passion; he's a great player. It's exciting for this area when one of the two division I schools are in the NCAA Tournament, and it would have been thrilling to have both teams in. Even better if we were in the same bracket someday!

As far as the NIT goes, Siena has no choice but to start watching baseball. I would be shocked if they made the NIT. There just aren't enough spots available.

An excellent game last evening, particularly the ending. I thought of those of you Danes who professed to be temporary Siena supporters. Are you out of your mind? When the time came, were you really watching the game and yearning for a miracle ending? Did you really groan when Ronald Moore's out of control runner didn't go in with a half minute left? Could any Dane fan have really hoped for that at that moment?

Now they'll offer their NIT credentials. But sixteen wins plus 2 against NJIT and 2 against Iona should not get you into the post season.

I didn't really care one way or the other, although I was a little sad to see Haddix cry at the end of the game. Don't confuse curiosity with "support". Give credit where credit is due, they had a solid season.

I fell asleep right before the game last night and woke up this morning (TV still playing on ESPN 2) to ESPN Radio saying that Niagara had won. My initial reaction: relief and joy (and I was ticked at myself for missing the game). As a fan of the city of Albany and this area, I would have cheered for Siena BUT FOR the fact that their fans disrespect us all the time and put us down. I simply didn't want to hear their B.S. for 8 months if their team had made the NCAAs and we had not. A stupid --- but real --- reason to not cheer for them; nonetheless, it is a reason that finds its genesis solely in their behavior.

As far as the NIT goes, Siena has no choice but to start watching baseball. I would be shocked if they made the NIT. There just aren't enough spots available.

UA....Right on, if there was ever a reason to not cheer for them, and probably why I was curios but not emotionally vested in the outcome was the notion that idiots like saints73 would thump his chest for the next 8 month's being a totally belligerent ahole towards UA and our fans.

I thought Siena seemed to mirror BUMA in many ways in that game. Really talented freshman whose inexperience showed in the closing minutes. It wouldn't shock me to see them in the same position (conference finals) this time next year.

I fell asleep right before the game last night and woke up this morning (TV still playing on ESPN 2) to ESPN Radio saying that Niagara had won. My initial reaction: relief and joy (and I was ticked at myself for missing the game). As a fan of the city of Albany and this area, I would have cheered for Siena BUT FOR the fact that their fans disrespect us all the time and put us down. I simply didn't want to hear their B.S. for 8 months if their team had made the NCAAs and we had not. A stupid --- but real --- reason to not cheer for them; nonetheless, it is a reason that finds its genesis solely in their behavior.

UA....Right on, if there was ever a reason to not cheer for them, and probably why I was curios but not emotionally vested in the outcome was the notion that idiots like saints73 would thump his chest for the next 8 month's being a totally belligerent ahole towards UA and our fans.

Exactly, saints73 is the type of disgusting Saints' fans that I had in mind.

I've never been belligerent to anyone. I have only responded to disparaging posts made towards the Siena program. Check the records for yourself.

I will pound my chest after this year. Siena was in the championship game two years removed from a 24 loss season and the defections of two great players. This team is loaded with talented freshman and sophomores with a great recruiting class on the way. Yeah, I'll pound my chest.

To the moderator, Dane pound, thank you for being objective.

To posters like Bocedid, UA, and bob, I am glad I have gotten under your skin to the point where you are calling me names. You are embarassing yourself and in the case of UA, his profession. Then again, lawyers are the scum of the earth.

saints 73

You can pound your chest all you want, but why do you insist on doing it on this board? Siena played well this weekend, and will be very good next year. I would expect 25 wins for the Saints in 07-08, especially if you get 6 easy wins from the D1 bottom feeders. Now leave us alone, we have more important things to deal with.

I will pound my chest after this year. Siena was in the championship game two years removed from a 24 loss season and the defections of two great players. This team is loaded with talented freshman and sophomores with a great recruiting class on the way. Yeah, I'll pound my chest. -Saint73

Don't hurt yourself!!!!!

Remember, Siena was the #4 seed in the 23rd ranked conference in the country.

7 wins vs 300+ RPI teams

The great team you are raving about was 13-12 against sub 300 RPI teams.

2 wins when Niagara was shorthanded

Thats 9 of your 20 wins

The saints also won 4 more games against 250 - 300 RPI teams

That's 13 of your wins.

I guess expectation at the "Crown Jewel of the MAAC" have been lowered considerably .

But yes - it shows marked improvement over your recent history. Congratulations!!!

But, the future does look bright.

I've never been belligerent to anyone. I have only responded to disparaging posts made towards the Siena program. Check the records for yourself.

I will pound my chest after this year. Siena was in the championship game two years removed from a 24 loss season and the defections of two great players. This team is loaded with talented freshman and sophomores with a great recruiting class on the way. Yeah, I'll pound my chest.

To posters like Bocedid, UA, and bob, I am glad I have gotten under your skin to the point where you are calling me names. You are embarassing yourself and in the case of UA, his profession. Then again, lawyers are the scum of the earth.

Hey now, Boisy and Bob are not, to my knowledge, attorneys, so don't put that on them. For those who don't care about saints73 or his opinions and just want to read about hoops, please skip over the rest of my post herein beacuse I rip saints73 up, down, left, and right because (s)he is simply misinformed.

Saints73: As to whether attorneys are the "scum of the earth," that is an opinion and joke that is held by many (uninformed individuals) who have been involved in litigation, and, therefore, it is a perception that stems from those involved in any case involving two or more attorneys: Understand that there is always an adversary in any suit who is advocating against the client, and, therefore, what results is a client who usually hates the opposing attorney, who the client thinks is the "scum of the earth." Naturally, people hate attorneys because many people have had one that they have had to go up against. It is what makes my profession different from any other. It's adversarial in nature and will always be so. We dislike Siena not because they are inherently bad! Quite the contrary! It is because they are a competitor, etc.

For those of you who seriously agree with saints73 (God forbid) or are just curious, I encourage you to explore the New York State Attorneys' Fund for Client Protection (the "Fund"), available at http://www.nylawfund.org/index_files/Page905.htm

In sum, the Fund protects the public from dishonest attorneys by REIMBURSING those clients for the full amount of loss. No other profession does this. If you actually looked at the New York State Bar Association's Ethical Guidelines (and read them), you would quickly realize that we have, arguably, the most stringent guidelines of ANY of the "professions" in America (i.e., accounting, and medicine). I would debate anyone "'til the cows came home" (a timely VMT reference here; i.e., cows) if they thought otherwise (do I need to remind people of Enron? I'm not saying, for example, that accountants are bad; I'm simply saying that their ethical guidelines are a lot more slippery than my profession!).

Saints73, You have no idea about all the things that I can and can't do because of our guidelines. It's crazy sometimes! But I also understand why we have these rules and guidelines. Do you have any idea how much monetary fraud goes on in the medical profession (more money is stolen each year in this country because of doctors' misdoings than lawyers' misdoings!)?? Does this mean that doctors are bad? Of course not! It is a select few doing a lot of bad, just like accountants (Enron) or lawyers. Yes, there are some lawyers who are scum. But there are also some doctors and accountants who are scum too. And guess what? There are some Siena and UAlbany alumni out there in this world who are probably scum too! Did I have some classmates in law school that I did not think well of? Of course! But you know what --- 90 to 95% of them were great human beings. The kids who went to law school because they thought they could make money quickly dropped out or fell to the bottom of the class. Trust me on this. Lawyers have high visibility and get the bad rap for, what I think, is the reason that I gave above; to wit, the fact that our profession is usually adversarial in nature. As a fourth-generation lawyer, my grandfather (an attorney of over 60 years) told me that as a lawyer, I should seek to always make peace with God first, and then the law. And I went into this profession because I had a passion for it and a gift to understand and apply the law in a fair way. I also wanted to do God's work, and this is how I can be the best Christian that I can and help people on a daily basis who need help (IMHO). I thought they teach Christianity at Siena, don't they? So don't knock me or 90% of my profession. Enough said, but feel to inform yourself by reading on. I spend scores of hours helping people for free, and I would do the same for any UA Alum. that I could help or answer questions from. I can also provide you with links of all the charitable work that Albany Law and the bar associations do each year (i.e., help those, for free, who are the elderly, abused by domestic violence, or are in poverty). And yet, idiots like you continue to bash us over and over (and probably your wives too; no wonder you hate attorneys).

Back to the Fund, here is an quote from the website as to what the Fund does:

The State Legislature has given the New York Lawyers' Fund a broad mission: to protect legal consumers from dishonest conduct in the practice of law, to preserve the integrity of the bar, to safeguard the good name of lawyers for their honesty in handling client money, and to promote public confidence in the administration of justice in the Empire State.

The Trustees of the Lawyers' Fund attempt to secure these goals by reimbursing client money that is misused in the practice of law. But there are other efforts as well.

Principal among them is the development of proposals to change legal practices that provide opportunities for dishonest practitioners to exploit the trust of clients.

Other efforts focus on helping lawyers comply with their fiduciary and escrow obligations. The Trustees also develop consumer education programs with the hope that informed clients will avoid situations and transactions with lawyers that can result in losses.

In these efforts, the Lawyers' Fund serves as a helpmate to the courts of New York in shielding the integrity of the justice system and the honor and reputation of the lawyers who serve as its officers.

Typical losses reimbursed by the Lawyers' Fund include the theft of estate and trust assets, escrow deposits in real property transactions, settlements in personal injury litigation, debt collection receipts, money embezzled in investment transactions with law clients, and unearned fees paid in advance to lawyers who falsely promise their legal services.

There is a $300,000 maximum limit, per law client loss, on awards from the Fund, fixed by regulation of the Trustees. There is no aggregate maximum on awards involving one lawyer.

You may also wish to read about how the Fund is created by picking up a copy of the Bar Association's publication: Attorney Escrow Accounts: Rules, Regulations, and Related Topics (2d ed 2006), by Coffey, Peter, et al.

Saints73: WHAT SAY YOU? Anything intelligent in rebuttal?

SAINTS73: You claim to have never been belligerent to anyone, yet in that same post you take a shot at me and my profession? Do you not see the falsity in your statement? We do not have to check the records. Your post right here is enough to rebut your claim! Did you even go to college? Are you even 18 years' old?

I'm posting here in this thread because I don't know any other appropriate place to do so.

This post has very little to do with Saints73, but I do deplore that he took a paintbrush and painted a whole group of people with the same color and utensil. Shame on you!

In an earlier thread I predicted in so many words that UAlbany would still be playing in March when Siena would have finished their season. Little did I know that the Saints would play so long into this month, and that's a tribute to them and their program.

But it's great for us to be still alive. Let's hope that this streak continues beyond Saturday and that, once again like last season, we'll be the last men's team from NYS still playing this month.

Archived