UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Not one 10,12,13 or 14 seed won a game

Can you believe that. Really no upsets. Only two #11 seeds won, VCU and Winthrop, both of whom could even make cases for being better then an 11 seed. Just no upsets what so ever.

I like VCU and Winthrop both to get to the sweet 16 and Nevada too, so the mid-majors will be representing!!

Sorry for Albany's loss to Virginia but you still had an excellent year. I envy Albany for getting to two straight NCAA tournaments and hope my Saints can do the same over the next two years.

Both programs are in fine shape..I expect Siena to contend for a MAAC title next year. Can Albany win another AE title? Vermont is the main road block. I still don't know how you replace a guy like Jamar in one year and not miss a beat.

How about this wild dream someday...Siena and Albany are both in the same "mini-bracket", one gets a 12 seed the other a 13 and they both win setting up a match-up in the second round of the NCAA tournament for the right to go to the Sweet 16!! Dare to dream..man would this town go nuts or what? :rolleyes:

Vermont and Boston University should be #1 and #2 in the pre-season picks for America East come this fall. UA will probably be #3. Losing Jamar and Jason is huge. We do have some good looking first year players coming in.

I think we end up anywhere from 3-5 depending on what impact our freshman have. No doubt this will be a rebuilding year of sorts.

And both mid-majors (VCU - Winthrop) both played $ienaty number 6 seeds IMO. Duke sucks this year, they have no talent coming off the bench, no depth...and ND is so-so, but I thought that BC was a better team then them...So, really, yeah, no "shocking upsets"..I had Winthrop winning, didn't have VCU though...

Vermont and Boston University should be #1 and #2 in the pre-season picks for America East come this fall. UA will probably be #3. Losing Jamar and Jason is huge. We do have some good looking first year players coming in.

I think we end up anywhere from 3-5 depending on what impact our freshman have. No doubt this will be a rebuilding year of sorts.

I know that losing our backcourt is no small thing, but we do return 11 players. I continue to think back to that Bucknell game this season and how we came back from a 12-point deficit in the second half when Jamar was out with cramps (though we did have Siggers). This team is very good for the America East even w/o Jamar, and I think younger players will step in. Our frontcourt will be a year older and stronger, and look to C. Ross and R. Anderson to provide some "slashing" ability. I think that Anderson (or Allen or Ambrose) will step up and fill the void that is here with the graduation of Siggers. The real question mark is point guard of course, but even without the new PG coming in next year, we still have Iati and Lillis to carry the ball up. As has anyone noticed how Coach Brown has made reference to Lillis becoming more comfortable with the PG role and bringing the ball up the court? How interesting would it be to see Lillis as a part-time PG? I am already very anxious to see our different lineups and matchups next year!

I think this is a lineup (keeping in mind that many of these players are a year older and have a year more of experience) that can win us a regular season crown (see below). I cerntainly wouldn't, IMHO, put us any lower than #3 pre-season, and hopefully we'll mesh before conference play starts. We really don't know much about the recruits until they get here, but I think the next year looks very promising for us! Thoughts?

PG Iati/Raffa/Knight (recruit)

SG Lillis/Ambrose (recruit)

SF Ross/Allen (recruit)/R. Anderson

PF Wilson/Connelly/Yocum

C Gifford/Convington

Iati will have to step his game up next season if they are going to be good. He'll be a HUGE x-factor IMO. If he doesn't average over 12 ppg, we wont go anywhere. He's gotta at least put up 12/5 and we need Ross to at least do a little on offense.

I know that I have been quiet recently, even ignoring the basic banter of some $iena fans over here (which is very unlike me for anyone who knows me) I was glued to my computer screen for the Vermont game, workings Satrudays such is the life of an accountant during tax season, and then of course I went MIA from work on Friday to watch the game and managed to find the only two UVA fans in the whole bar....but I digress...

As for next year here is what i see, Gifford will be a huge contributor next year, as one of the biggest bodies in the AE he gives us a huge advantage over most teams, the learning curve this year was huge for him and he responded as well as you could expect and I am excited for next year. While I will miss Jamar and Siggers, Carl Ross is truly someone who excites me, I think back to the purple and gold scrimmage talking with Coach and he called Ross, "the best athlete on the team"...to think that our best athlete was not a large contributor this year is very exciting for next year...I also look for Iati to have somewhat of a comeback next year, and of course we still have Lillis and Brent to keep us in every game with their grit and hustle.

This season is only two days over and I already find myself feeling like Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore..."354 more days till hockey try-outs, gotta train!!!" Another great year for the DANES and I cant wait for the the AE dynasty to grow!!!!

Archived