UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown Meets With McElroy

From all of the information I have gleaned----There has not been an offer from St. Bona to Will Brown. The top candidates are Matt Brady and UConn assistant Tom Moore. Supposedly, Quinnipiac and South Florida are also interested in Moore. -purplehaze

Don't worry about Coach Brown the St. Bonnies job must be going to the UCONN Ass't..

Why would/did Brady drop out?

From all of the information I have gleaned----There has not been an offer from St. Bona to Will Brown. The top candidates are Matt Brady and UConn assistant Tom Moore. Supposedly, Quinnipiac and South Florida are also interested in Moore. -purplehaze

Don't worry about Coach Brown the St. Bonnies job must be going to the UCONN Ass't..

Why would/did Brady drop out?

I'd be interested to know if Moore has been offered. If he is the only one of the 3 offered then its obvious who the top target was/is.

I haven't read anything yet that says Brady has already dropped out of the St. B. job race. Perhaps I missed something!

I did hear, however, that Coach Brady of Marist was not at the Marist game yesterday in Ohio (though he had the opportunity to fly out on the school's chartered jet), to the dismay of Marist fans, in support of the Lady Foxes' game against Tenn. His absence was noted by many on that campus and within their fan base. I made my own conclusion based on his lack of attendance as a signal that he may be on the way out at Marist (to go somewhere). There must have been some other reason.

I'd be interested to know if Moore has been offered. If he is the only one of the 3 offered then its obvious who the top target was/is. - bosiydid
If he wasn't???????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For UA MA 2000

Matt Brady drops out of Bonnie search

March 26, 2007 at 2:28 pm by Mark Singelais

Marist coach Matt Brady, a former Siena star, said Monday he has withdrawn his name from the St. Bonaventure coaching search.

“I think for the right coach, it’s a wonderful opportunity,” Brady said. “But I think I and my staff have much more to accomplish at Marist College before we can even entertain the idea of another opportunity.”

Brady said he was never offered the job.

Brady, considered one of the leading candidates, said he discussed the opening with Bonnie athletic director Steve Watson on two occasions, most recently on Sunday night.

Brady, who has one year left on his contract, has coached the Red Foxes the past three seasons. He led them to the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference regular-season title and an National Invitation Tournament berth this season.

UAlbany coach Will Brown interviewed for the St. Bonaventure job on Friday and is still considered a candidate along with UConn associate head coach Tom Moore.

I'd be interested to know if Moore has been offered. If he is the only one of the 3 offered then its obvious who the top target was/is. - bosiydid

If he wasn't???????

The St. Bonnie job is a disaster.

No institutional support, 1 NCAA appearance in a multi-bid league, blah, blah.

I could see why Brady dropped out. It is coaching purgatory. That being said, if someone could ever win there (unlikely in today's hoop landscape) they would be in line for a RIDICULOUS GIG.

That being said, winning at St. Bonnies...I would rather take my chances in the lottery.

The Arkansas job just opened up. 20 wins...and Frank Heath canned. Pretty sad is this new hoop world. Interesting, Broyles is retiring so I cant understand this firing with three years left on the contract.

Frank Heath goes from top dog and hot coach at Kent State...to the unemployment line. Ridiculous.

Dane 96 and others,

Thanks sincerely for your posts on this topic. Believe me, this whole episode has been an interesting education for me.

I worked under multi-year contracts and negotiating teams for decades and I have never witnessed maneuvering as I have seen in the last week alone.

My TV stays off during the entire day because I can't stand the soaps and most other programming. I may have to rethink my position after the events of the last couple weeks around college basketball. I'm curious; are others of you fascinated by how these things work?

I appreciate the information and analysis you and others provide here. My many days in the classroom are evidently not completely over. Thanks.

My TV stays off during the entire day because I can't stand the soaps and most other programming. I may have to rethink my position after the events of the last couple weeks around college basketball. I'm curious; are others of you fascinated by how these things work? - 0lddog71

Bingo you've hit it on the head - I can't stand the soaps !!!!

Too much posturing and deception.

Too many fans hypothosizing and speculating.

Todays meeting went "Fantastic!!!", what does that mean or insinuate????

Coach Brown was busy with other business, what does that mean??????

We actually know less now then we did when the season officially ended.

So we might as well turn off the TV because we have no idea what's going on.

It truly is a "Soap Opera".

Archived