UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown Meets With McElroy

I'd be interested to know if Moore has been offered. If he is the only one of the 3 offered then its obvious who the top target was/is. - bosiydid
If he wasn't???????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For UA MA 2000

Matt Brady drops out of Bonnie search

March 26, 2007 at 2:28 pm by Mark Singelais

Marist coach Matt Brady, a former Siena star, said Monday he has withdrawn his name from the St. Bonaventure coaching search.

“I think for the right coach, it’s a wonderful opportunity,” Brady said. “But I think I and my staff have much more to accomplish at Marist College before we can even entertain the idea of another opportunity.”

Brady said he was never offered the job.

Brady, considered one of the leading candidates, said he discussed the opening with Bonnie athletic director Steve Watson on two occasions, most recently on Sunday night.

Brady, who has one year left on his contract, has coached the Red Foxes the past three seasons. He led them to the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference regular-season title and an National Invitation Tournament berth this season.

UAlbany coach Will Brown interviewed for the St. Bonaventure job on Friday and is still considered a candidate along with UConn associate head coach Tom Moore.

Thanks!

Im surprised Kentucky hasnt showed interest in will... -albanyhoops31

They haven't????????? :rolleyes::unsure::rolleyes:

But I did hear former America East Coach Jay Wright is in the mix for that gig. Who knows?

Mid-Major coaches do go places (as evidenced by Coach Wright).

These are the kinds of things that create hits on websites and sell newspapers.

Time WILL soon tell....

Surprisingly - No Comment or quotes from Coach Brown!!!!!

This reminds me of what was going on around mid season last year.

The silence is deafening! If he truly wanted to stay wouldn't he have said something by now. I'm sure he's head plenty of opportunities since reporters have been after him. Now we hears rumors that he's excepted the Bonna job and others rumors that he is scheduled to interview with Q. What gives? Wouldn't it be more prudent to set the minds of fans, players, recruits etc. at ease? Or are all of us just chopped liver, and have no impact on the success of this program? How much longer can this thing drag out before he comes out looking like someone who is trying to work UA for ever last cent, not to mention piss of the people who put down their cash for season tickets, donations etc. This thing is getting nuttier by the hour/day, it's a media frenzy and apparently he could give a damn. I hope the reports of the Q interview tomorrow are not true.

Maybe I'm just frustrated because I'm been painting my house for 6 hours and I'm tired. I'll probably have to recant most of this post tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll wakeup in a better mood in the morning.

P.S. No one coach is bigger then the program.

The silence is deafening! If he truly wanted to stay wouldn't he have said something by now. I'm sure he's head plenty of opportunities since reporters have been after him. Now we hears rumors that he's excepted the Bonna job and others rumors that he is scheduled to interview with Q. What gives? Wouldn't it be more prudent to set the minds of fans, players, recruits etc. at ease? Or are all of us just chopped liver, and have no impact on the success of this program? How much longer can this thing drag out before he comes out looking like someone who is trying to work UA for ever last cent, not to mention piss of the people who put down their cash for season tickets, donations etc. This thing is getting nuttier by the hour/day, it's a media frenzy and apparently he could give a damn. I hope the reports of the Q interview tomorrow are not true.

Maybe I'm just frustrated because I'm been painting my house for 6 hours and I'm tired. I'll probably have to recant most of this post tomorrow.

When the school is ready to speak, they will speak. When Will is ready to speak, he will speak. Watch a movie, play with your kid(s), hang with your significant other.

And yes, the town police has struck again.

I dont know what is worse this week...reading this board every few hours and seeing the hari kari...or reading the Siena board. Frankly, they both stink of "I want to know" syndrome.

Yes, in the instance of negotiations...you/we are chopped liver.

Enjoy the start of spring...and I am sure an announcement, one way or another, will happen sooner rather than later. The world will still turn...and the sun will still rise no matter if Will stays or goes. And to be frank...you, other members of the board, or I, know nothing of what Will is thinking.

For you to type the words you have...is childish. To ASSume what Will is thinking is a disservice to all the things he has done for this program...and a disservice TO THE RECRUITS, PLAYERS, and FUTURE DANES that read this board. While Will and school officials know this...others who are stopping by do not.

COACHING CHANGES HAPPEN PEOPLE! LIKE I SAID 50 times...let this thing play out...IT IS WHAT IT IS.

And you know what you are right...NO ONE COACH IS BIGGER THAN THE PROGRAM...and neither are the fans, like yourself, who call out a coach who is making a "LIFE" decision. Your 200 bucks will be replaced by some other person who wants seasons and can deal with the fact that we are, to some degree, a stepping stone school. I sure know that Will here or not, I am still donating to the athletic department and I am increasing my tickets by 2...and will be looking into bulk seats for our new football stadium. I challenge you to not assume what Will is thinking...and to support your CURRENT COACH in his taking a moment to think about his decision.

Additionally, you probably shouldnt post on St. Bonaventure boards, AE boards, and Siena boards, like the world is coming to an end because you read somewhere that sources say Will is doing this or that. Whose to say those "sources" are accurate...especially unamed sources. So some broadcasters have suggested Will is gone. If so, how come the Bonnies have YET to schedule a news conference? You really think Will is going to call Doug Sherman or Murphy and give them the scoop? Come on now...those asswipes wouldnt know the UA situation if it smacked them in the face. We have a beat reporter and a beat news channel (Fox). If a story is going to break...it is going there.What if I told you Tom Moore can choose the Q job if he wants it or not. If he chooses so tomorrow...guess where Will is not interviewing...THE Q. I know that I read that somewhere...but I sure as hell wont be banking on it...because Moore and Q are not on my speed dial (well...the Q actually is).

Until a deal is done...it ain't a deal.

When the school is ready to speak, they will speak. When Will is ready to speak, he will speak. Watch a movie, play with your kid(s), hang with your significant other.

And yes, the town police has struck again.

I dont know what is worse this week...reading this board every few hours and seeing the hari kari...or reading the Siena board. Frankly, they both stink of "I want to know" syndrome.

Yes, in the instance of negotiations...you/we are chopped liver.

Enjoy the start of spring...and I am sure an announcement, one way or another, will happen sooner rather than later. The world will still turn...and the sun will still rise no matter if Will stays or goes. And to be frank...you, other members of the board, or I, know nothing of what Will is thinking.

For you to type the words you have...is childish. To ASSume what Will is thinking is a disservice to all the things he has done for this program...and a disservice TO THE RECRUITS, PLAYERS, and FUTURE DANES that read this board. While Will and school officials know this...others who are stopping by do not.

COACHING CHANGES HAPPEN PEOPLE! LIKE I SAID 50 times...let this thing play out...IT IS WHAT IT IS.

And you know what you are right...NO ONE COACH IS BIGGER THAN THE PROGRAM...and neither are the fans, like yourself, who call out a coach who is making a "LIFE" decision. Your 200 bucks will be replaced by some other person who wants seasons and can deal with the fact that we are, to some degree, a stepping stone school. I sure know that Will here or not, I am still donating to the athletic department and I am increasing my tickets by 2...and will be looking into bulk seats for our new football stadium. I challenge you to not assume what Will is thinking...and to support your CURRENT COACH in his taking a moment to think about his decision.

Additionally, you probably shouldnt post on St. Bonaventure boards, AE boards, and Siena boards, like the world is coming to an end because you read somewhere that sources say Will is doing this or that. Whose to say those "sources" are accurate...especially unamed sources. So some broadcasters have suggested Will is gone. If so, how come the Bonnies have YET to schedule a news conference? You really think Will is going to call Doug Sherman or Murphy and give them the scoop? Come on now...those asswipes wouldnt know the UA situation if it smacked them in the face. We have a beat reporter and a beat news channel (Fox). If a story is going to break...it is going there.What if I told you Tom Moore can choose the Q job if he wants it or not. If he chooses so tomorrow...guess where Will is not interviewing...THE Q. I know that I read that somewhere...but I sure as hell wont be banking on it...because Moore and Q are not on my speed dial (well...the Q actually is).

Until a deal is done...it ain't a deal.

Dane96,

First of all, I only responded on the AE board to Patch and nothing more. On the St. B board I've only posted links for the most part, and very little if any commentary of any type. I'm sure you have the link, it's easily verifiable that I'm not running around like chicken little and the sky is falling. On the Siena board, the discussion has been more then anything about the MAAC vs. AE and other stuff and has absolutely nothing to do with coach Brown. If you can find a single post on the Siena board about our coach other then a link to the TU blog by all means please post a link.

I recognize the need for coach Brown to get paid competitive wages, as he's done a phenomenal job (also his staff). I firmly believe that he is underpaid for the job he's done compared to what some of his peers are getting for not nearly accomplishing as much as he has. But is this something we'll have to go through ever year? What ever happened to honoring the contract you signed only one year ago. I'm fairly high on the pecking order at my current job and if I went on numerous interviews, always talked about leaving for a better job and etc. I don't think it would instill much faith in my current employer. If he does infect go to the Q interview then I wish him the best, hopefully he will find what he's looking for, even after the "fantastic" meeting with Dr.McElroy. It sure looks like he's leaving no stone unturned in trying to get out of here. The next day or so will hopefully sort all of this out. Since the clock struck zero in Columbus everyone has been sitting on pins and needles wondering which way it will go. I understand that the confrence we are in and our current packing order in the D1 hoops scene we are in large part a transient school for coaches, and thats fine. But at some point he'll have to either reaffirm his desire to stay here or move on.

It's also out of place for you to put words in my mouth, I will also be purchasing two additional season tickets next year. At no point did I state that I will no longer support UA or that I'll be pulling my support. I'm also looking to increase my attandance at football games this fall and will be purchasing season tickets when the new stadium is built. I've given money to the school to get the football stadium built and will hopefully give more when the school is close and needs to get over the hump. So yes, I'll continue to support UA athletics whether coach Brown is here or not.

EDIT: Like you said, life goes on with or without him. With or without UA hoops etc. In the great scheme of things in life UA athletics and basketball is just entertainment and should be put in it's proper place of importance. I am by no means suicidal or even angry. Yesterday I was tired and frustrated and vented my opinions here, but what ever happens, happens. I'd like to transition into a normal summer and get some closure to this issue since I don't feel like the season has ended, but UA hoops and Brown don't owe me anything, I recognize that. This board is for opinions and these are my thoughts. Most will not agree with them I suspect, but it is what it is.

Wyland reported on the radio this morning that as of 9a.m. today, Will has not been offered the Bonnie job. He criticized other media, esp. Doug Sherman and WRGB for claiming that Will was offered the job yesterday and that he will take it. Rodger said he has the "highest possible source" and that his source e-mailed Rodger last night and said "don't believe everything you hear".

Wyland said Bonnie may offer the job to Will today, and that Will and McElroy will meet to discuss options.

Wyland reported on the radio this morning that as of 9a.m. today, Will has not been offered the Bonnie job. He criticized other media, esp. Doug Sherman and WRGB for claiming that Will was offered the job yesterday and that he will take it. Rodger said he has the "highest possible source" and that his source e-mailed Rodger last night and said "don't believe everything you hear".

Wyland said Bonnie may offer the job to Will today, and that Will and McElroy will meet to discuss options.

If I'm not mistaken, Whineland is the same guy who told us that coach has been offered only to retract the story the following morning.

I have never watched channel 6 news; perhaps this is yet another reason why. There is responsibility in journalism, like any profession, and when a media outlet comes forward with a report like they did last night, they are not making any friends with the consumers of their content (us) when they appear, either at that time or later, to be incorrect. When you come out with a story like that, you had better be accurate! Other local media outlets appear to follow our team and our school's sports more accurately and diligently. I will opt to continue to watch and follow, as well as support, these other sources and those sources' advertisers.

And, of course, I will only base my conclusions only on what I hear Dr. McElroy and/or Coach Brown state. The rest is unreliable hearsay IMHO.

Unrelated to the Coach Brown melodrama, but related to channel 6...they also reported incorrectly on the football stadium project after the Big Purple Growl. They said that the new stadium would only cost $5-8 million and that it was going to be the same size as the current stadium. They were clearly comparing capacity (10,000 that the bleachers and hill allegedly hold now vs. the real 10,000 the new stadium will hold) and speaking about the private funding goal, but nonetheless they were incorrect in their report.

Wyland actually mentioned that his source text messaged him...that may narrow your list of speculated sources.

Archived