UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WHERE IS THE INTEREST??

We claw back from down 18pts. at the half............we take the lead.........we commit a ridiculous foul with time running out and the game seemingly in the bag..........the game goes to O.T..........we lose............not one comment posted on the "Home of Albany Great Danes Fans" site..........????

I hate to have to admit it but I am beginning to see some credence in some past posters arguements in refernce to the Albany areas lack of fan support.

Sad!

Say what you want about the Sienna posters.............lack of interest and passion for their team is not one of their faults.

In no way shape or form am I knocking our hoop program. I am truley interested in what is keeping Basketball from becomiing a decnt program. I read all through football season about hoops being the "big sport" at Albany. What seems to be the reason we are failing to field a winning program after all these scholarship players are in the system?

Who are all of these scholarship players??? Jamar Wilson, Janis Pipikis, and Jamal Hughes are three scholarship players out for the year with injuries! Lucious Jordan and Kirsten Zollner are transfers who have to sit out this year per NCAA rules.

Five scholarship guy's are in uniform! Next year will be the first time the school has ever had 13 scholarship guy's in uniform under Brown. The previous coach had so many kid's leave you can't replace them all under the stringent NCAA 5/8 rule!

I am sure you will jump on the bandwagon next year! Just know the facts before you post things!!!!!!!

the explanation (i don't believe excuses) list is long for the substandard level of campus interest ... there is light at the end of the tunnel ... better days ahead for the UA community ... growing level of talent on the courts/fields and increased efforts by the marketing dept. (and a number of loyal fans) are helping to move the program in the right direction

Ruler

In no way shape or form am I knocking our hoop program. I am truley interested in what is keeping Basketball from becomiing a decnt program. I read all through football season about hoops being the "big sport" at Albany. What seems to be the reason we are failing to field a winning program after all these scholarship players are in the system? - Ruler

You should abdicate your Throne and be stripped of your Crown.

You are an idiot disguised as a ruler!

Why ask a question which has an obvious answer if you are not knocking the program.

What happens to our Non Scholarship football team(?) when the play Scholarship level teams ?

No need to research that answer.

It's no different in hoops, when you have the service of 5 of a possible 13 scholarship players( remember 2 are freshmen and 2 are Sophs.).

Play a couple of Good Footbal Teams without the Senior class and the scores would even be worse in favor of your opponents.

But remember the Hoop team has been very competitive starting 2 freshman guards ( who combined to play 90 minutes against SBU) and the 2 walkons ( one being one of the guards combined for 87min). Yet in the last 7 games 6 were very winnable.

You should think before you KNOCK a program because that's exactly what your stupid question did.

You guys on the hoops board are all bitter ass wipes. I just asked a simple question. You are just angry because hoops is awful. Live with it. I tried being nice and ask a harmless question as to why we stink. No, I will not jump on any bandwagon ....because there will never be one to jump on! I just dont give a $iena after these remarks. GO SIENA!

Ruler is probably a former Albany football player who had to pay his own way and is bitter that he had to play on a junior high school football field and beat teams that couldn't beat Shenendehowa!!

NEC football blows!!!! You saw what Brown and any other decent team did to our football team. Spanking!!!!

Next year they'll get spanked plenty outside of the NEC! Too bad Siena won't be on the schedule next year!!!!

Gotta love the chant FIRST DOWN, ALBANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to get a clue Ruler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOL. Pretty Good Professor. Hoops still BLOW. LOLOLOLOLOL!

Lets see how long it takes Albany to become competitive in full scholarship football after the 2006 season when their contact with the NEC ends. By 2008 We will have a winning record at the full ride level in football. HOW MANY YEARS HAS HOOPS BEEN THE "BIG SPORT" AT ALBANY....LOLOLOLOLOL. They havent won consistently since Doc Sauers had them at the D3 level. Come to think of it those teams back in the 80's probably were better.

GO SIENA!

I'm not sure why we need to revisit the football-basketball thing every so often. Anyway so far no one has considered that Ruler was genuine in his question so I'll answer it and not just call him names. A few years ago we made a terrible, not bad, terrible choice in hiring a basketball coach(Scott Beeten). He ran most of the players we had out of the program and put us in a hole player-wise. The important thing to know is that according to NCAA rules you can only bring in so many players in a year. Once your in a deficit it's hard to get out as we have found. For the last two years we have graduated 3 players-two years ago we graduated 3 and brought 4 in-still behind. Last year we graduated 3 players, brought 3 players in and this year 2 were injured and one was out for family reasons. In a nutshell that's why two years after Beeten left we're still trying to recover-he really left the program behind the eightball. This year we lose only one player (Pipikis) bring everyone back plus six new players and hopefully we will be pretty competitive next year.

Ruler

You guys on the hoops board are all bitter ass wipes. I just asked a simple question. - Ruler

Please read your question and you'll see that it's an obvious knock on hoops.

In no way shape or form am I knocking our hoop program. I am truley interested in what is keeping Basketball from becomiing a decnt program. - Ruler

If you couldn't answer that question yourself - you have no sport savvy at all.

I in no way wish bad things on FB. I hope they go full scholarship and I hope they're successful, because............

I am a true Danes Fan!!!!!

Geez! Did everybody sleep late today? Was there a party last night that I wasn't invited to....again! I hate when that happens.

Maybe it is me but...........how about last nights game????

We take a hit like we did last night and Football vs Basketball is what the topic of discussion is?? Wassup with that??

Something is wrong with this picture.