UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Concerned

I for one have not had they time lately to be active on this board...frankly I was taking a little off season siesta...lots of stuff's been happening with new recruits/Coach Brown blogs/Carl Ross leaving etc...looks like we're in good shape for next year..as for the Ross matter...I fall in the camp of accepting what I am told by the University and Coach B...if facts later prove otherwise then I will be open to impartially processing that new information...beyond that the issue should be left alone..

What's really got my Purple and Orange dander up though are those "potty mouth" comments on our board coming from folks on the Siena board...

My girlfriend and her son read this board...therefore I for one don't appreciate reading about sore Sienas, PMS and the like....Dane Pound created this site to allow folks to exchange info on UA sports..and I applaud him and appreciate those efforts sincerely...I am sure that he does not appreciate that kind of language or dialogue tone any more than I do!!!

In my view, the Siena folks need to stay over on their board...unless they can mind thier manners!!!

Likewise I would humbly suggest that folks not go over there and similarly write inflammatory comments in response to the comments made amongst them...I realize that many over there seem obsessed with seeing us fail (eg. "Brown will leave because he and McElroy don't get along"..."raffa's not qualifying"...etc..etc...) I wish them no harm but generally speaking they should really and respectfully....mind thier own business ...Let's let them stew in their own juices...whats going on at the TUC with the seating speaks volumes in an of itself and needs no amplification or clarification by any of us loyal Danes fans to be fully understood..in other words...IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!

Folks, lets spend our time on this board just revelling in what U-A is up to...the baseball team is on the verge of an NCAA bid...(1 win away I believe...) Now lets see how well I can use my UA MPA to count: If the BB team makes it then we'll have a men's hoop title and NCAA appearance, a men's lax title and NCAA appearance, a womens softball title and NCAA appearance and a baseball title and apperance...that adds up to FOUR NCAA BIDS....ALL IN THE SAME ACADEMIC YEAR!!! That's a truly amazing record for a D-1 program still in its infancy and a record that is the envy of many...BOTH NEAR AND FAR!!!

Folks, lets spend our time on this board just revelling in what U-A is up to...the baseball team is on the verge of an NCAA bid...(1 win away I believe...) Now lets see how well I can use my UA MPA to count: If the BB team makes it then we'll have a men's hoop title and NCAA appearance, a men's lax title and NCAA appearance, a womens softball title and NCAA appearance and a baseball title and apperance...that adds up to FOUR NCAA BIDS....ALL IN THE SAME ACADEMIC YEAR!!! That's a truly amazing record for a D-1 program still in its infancy and a record that is the envy of many...BOTH NEAR AND FAR!!!

Baseball not clinched yet, but your count is still OK so far, you forgot the women's volleyball title and NCAA appearance - also VB and lax hosting NCAA games. Also possible appearances at NCAA track and field finals to be decided in an hour.

Terrific post Orange Dane and I couldn't agree more. I came back last night to find all that rubbish here and wasn't happy about it either. I know there are some good Siena posters on their board and who post here occasionally but unfortunately it makes them all look bad when one of them acts like that. The same way when one of us posts like that on their board.

Terrific post Orange Dane and I couldn't agree more. I came back last night to find all that rubbish here and wasn't happy about it either. I know there are some good Siena posters on their board and who post here occasionally but unfortunately it makes them all look bad when one of them acts like that. The same way when one of us posts like that on their board.

Thanks for your comments DP and to UA 72...well...Stats was my poorest subject at Rockefeller...the championship count is NOW 5!!!! Congrat to baseball team and my regrets for the oversight w respect to the Volleyball team....should Albany be renamed "Titletown"????

Dane Pound

You are correct. Of coarse it makes them look even worse when it is the moderator of the LCC board acting that way.

I would encourage UA fans to not even visit the Siena fan site. I have never even been to their webpage/forum. My knowledge of their page ends with the fact that apparently there is a link to it at the top of this page. And I don't plan on ever visiting their page. Their page and existence serves no purpose to me, and if one goes there and reads their anti-UA propaganda, it's just going to get people riled up. Similarly, if LCC fans post things here, just ignore them (and I also remind myself of this). It's not worth engaging them for a variety of reasons that have been revealed in many of my previous posts comparing the two schools.

In fact, I don't even visit any other fan Boards. I think I posted a few messages on the Boise State Board, but that's it ... .

PS-And I would probably encourage Siena fans to avoid coming to this site, as it will just get them riled up and serve them no purpose!

I for one agree, and I do admit I have been one for the potty talk in the past.

That is just out of hand. My new filter includes my soon to be 4 year old step-daughter.

If I would not want her to hear it, you can bet your bottom I'm not saying it.

Enjoy the off season with some sun and fun!

**OT**

Homecoming '07 is my last stand as a free man. I did not want a wedding to interfere with conference play. Does anyone have schedule rumors yet?

I'd love it if we had the Deleware game to come back from the honeymoon to. Any speculation is welcome, the big day is November 3rd.

GGD!

Archived