UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

There have been a few pics of him already (near interception from the first two days of camp)...and this one is simply awesome.

Kid has the physical tools...and deep down I think if HE DOESNT ROYALLY SUCK...they will sign him to the practice squad. They knew, upon drafting him, that he has a huge learning curve. I think only a complete flop would keep him out.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH BARKSDALE AND HOBBS!!!

BTW, if you go to the player profiles...some great pics of both (some we have seen before).

Scroll through the pics...and believe me, you wont miss Barksdale. He is no. 31.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/photos/i...section_id=1161

Great pics. He looks bigger than he did at UA. I hope he makes it. He'll stick around at least this year. NFL clubs don't generally like to boot draft picks. The Packers kept Curt for 2 years both of which he played on IR.

Great pics. He looks bigger than he did at UA. I hope he makes it. He'll stick around at least this year. NFL clubs don't generally like to boot draft picks. The Packers kept Curt for 2 years both of which he played on IR.

He is not hurting his cause. Today, in the afternoon session, Rashad just missed sacking Holcomb (combining with another player) and crunched him. He is getting reps with the second team.

I don't think the packer's were allowed to cut Kurt. You can't cut a player thats hurt unless his contract runs out. Kurt was on a 2 year deal.

I don't think the packer's were allowed to cut Kurt. You can't cut a player thats hurt unless his contract runs out. Kurt was on a 2 year deal.

I don't know if that is true. My understanding of NFL contracts is admitedly slight, but I don't think any NFL contracts (or very few) are guaranteed. The only thing I know is guaranteed is signing bonus money. But then again, I'm no expert.

Rashad is quietly doing what he needs to stay. Barring injuries, I cannot see him not on the practice squad...at a minimum. Today he returned a whacky INT play down the sidelines. His main competition for the fifth spot is 2 year pro Dustin Fox who is nursing a tender achilles...but playing.

Dustin, based on experience, seems to have the edge.

Rashad is showing his worth...taking returns with top returner Jeremy Bloom (and a few others).

Unfortunately, Jacob Hobbs had a rough go according the the blog; He was blown past a couple of times by fast rookie Marquez Murrell.

Any word on Coleman? Campbell got resigned. Hobbs will probably get cut...who is the 4th kid I can't remember?

The fourth was Barksdale...that is all I know.

Who resigned Campbell?

Hobbs has the talent to play in the AFL (I worked for the Firebirds...and the kid has enough size and talent over there to make a nice little living and then work his way to another camp).

Any word on Coleman? Campbell got resigned. Hobbs will probably get cut...who is the 4th kid I can't remember?

The fourth was Barksdale...that is all I know.

Who resigned Campbell?

Hobbs has the talent to play in the AFL (I worked for the Firebirds...and the kid has enough size and talent over there to make a nice little living and then work his way to another camp).

Just saw that it was the Raiders who resigned him. Interesting...it was as a SS (the only one listed on the charts). Most interesting...they brought him in even though they have four Safeties...but one is a rookie. Most interesting...was Kurt's size....HE IS 240. :o BY FAR THE BIGGEST SAFETY.

Graham is getting praised often, and Fox has the pedigree...so it is tough. Here is the latest:

# 9:12 AM: Feeley starts off the thud drill (semi-contact with no tackling) by getting off a nice pass to wide receiver Michael Gasperson. He tries again to Gasperson a couple plays later, but cornerback Rashad Barksdale makes a real nice deflection. The big corner then gets a nice jam on wideout Dereck Faulkner, creating a miscommunication and incomplete pass. With guys like Nick Graham and former Vikings third-round pick Dustin Fox up against him, it won't be easy for Barksdale to make the team, but it's encouraging to see him starting to make some nice plays. He played only one year of college football, so he is a raw talent.

Archived