UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Check out Etkin's column in today's TU: http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...&TextPage=1

It may be the best thing he has ever written.

Read it and you'll know why so many of us love Bob Ford and why so many of his former players and coaches are so loyal to him. He is unique in realm of college coaches; hell, coaches anywhere.

If the new stadium isn't named after Coach Ford, it'd border on criminal.

Excellent read! Imagine what he could do with a stadium. When the time comes for him to move on or perhaps even sooner he needs to be honored in some grand way. Naming the new stadium after coach Ford would be fitting and appropriate considering what he's done for the University.

If I am not mistaken West Point offered him the head job as well. I am pretty sure there were other offers when he was younger other then Bucknell and Syracuse.

A former UA qb transferred to Buffalo when they were DIII and told me years later that their coach Bill Dando(the facilities were top notch while they were DIII) said if Bob Ford had UB's facilities he probably would be undefeated most season. At the time I thought, wow that a pretty big compliment. BTW the qb regretted transferring.

This stadium needs to be built. Not just for Fordie's sake but for all involved. If they were DIII still the facility could get a facelift and be fine, but if they are going to graduate to the high end of FCS(63 rides) this has to be done! They now have the worst facilities in the NEC. Even St. Francis has a better place to play!

Archived