UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jake Lindfors

He's a very interesting player with decent perimeter skills who can shoot the three like Brent

From Rivals - their Top 25 for the state of Illinois

#11: Stan Simpson

#12: Lewis Jackson

#13: Ryan Hare

#14: Tyler Storm

#15: John Moran

#16: John Shurna

#17: Kevin Dillard

#18: Dion Dixon

#19: Jeremy Robinson

#20: Matt Roth

#21: Jelani Poston

#22: Rob Belcore

#23: Mike Dinunno

#24: A.J. Rompza

#25: Jake Lindfors

Looks like Lindfors has strong interest in Albany. He seems like a good fit considering what Coach Brown said they were focusing on with the last scholly for 2008 ("Our priority for the 2008 class is replacing Brent Wilson. We need a power forward that can stretch the defense with his perimeter shooting. Having two commitments in place will allow us to really focus on bringing in a talented 4 man").

http://www.midstatehoops.com/articles/2007/lindfors.html

6'9" 210 lbs Jake Lindfors was first introduced to the world by MSH in January of 2007. He was a sleeper who saw little college attention at the time. Since then, the Addision Driscoll forward has been garnering offers and getting a lot of attention from collegiate level programs after a solid showing on the AAU circuit with Rising Stars.

Albany, Eastern Illinois, and Western Illinois have all offered scholarships to Jake. In addition, Illinois State and Eastern Kentucky are extremely involved in his recruitment.

"I like ISU and their new head coach," stated Lindfors. "He likes me a lot and thinks I am very underappreciated as a recruit."

Albany seems to be the silent leader at the current point in time.

"They've (Albany) made me their top priority. They said that'll I'll play as a freshman and I like that a lot."

Lindfors has stated that he will make a decision before the season begins.

http://www.midstatehoops.com/players/profi...e_lindfors.html

Looks like Lindfors has strong interest in Albany. He seems like a good fit considering what Coach Brown said they were focusing on with the last scholly for 2008 ("Our priority for the 2008 class is replacing Brent Wilson. We need a power forward that can stretch the defense with his perimeter shooting. Having two commitments in place will allow us to really focus on bringing in a talented 4 man").

http://www.midstatehoops.com/articles/2007/lindfors.html

6'9" 210 lbs Jake Lindfors was first introduced to the world by MSH in January of 2007. He was a sleeper who saw little college attention at the time. Since then, the Addision Driscoll forward has been garnering offers and getting a lot of attention from collegiate level programs after a solid showing on the AAU circuit with Rising Stars.

Albany, Eastern Illinois, and Western Illinois have all offered scholarships to Jake. In addition, Illinois State and Eastern Kentucky are extremely involved in his recruitment.

"I like ISU and their new head coach," stated Lindfors. "He likes me a lot and thinks I am very underappreciated as a recruit."

Albany seems to be the silent leader at the current point in time.

"They've (Albany) made me their top priority. They said that'll I'll play as a freshman and I like that a lot."

Lindfors has stated that he will make a decision before the season begins.

http://www.midstatehoops.com/players/profi...e_lindfors.html

Does anyone have Poopscoop to see where this guys is ranked? Just wondering.

Found this little bit of scouting on him....

lindforsheadac9.jpg

“Addison Driscoll? Wait, we’re talking football right? They’re not a basketball school.” Though they’re not known for their basketball program, they feature one of the best unheralded 2008 prospects throughout the state of Illinois in Jake Lindfors.

Lindfors is a 6’9” 200 lbs forward who is very skilled. He runs the floor well and carries a premier inside-outside game. He shoots the ball well and is good at penetrating to the cup. He also has nice moves around the basket and is a solid rebounder. With added strength, he will be an even more intriguing prospect.

This season, Jake has been putting up very solid numbers as he is currently averaging a double-double, nearly 20 points and 11 rebounds. He posted a 37 point, 13 rebound effort against Lisle and has been very sufficient throughout his junior campaign.

DePaul, Northern Illinois, and Illinois-Chicago have all been pursuing the skilled forward. Due to the fact Lindfors hasn’t participated in any AAU ball, he hasn’t been exposed to a whole lot of college programs. However, we urge colleges to keep tabs on him."

"Jake Lindfors is a Class of 2008 prospect to watch in the state of Illinois. Lindfors, who put his name on the basketball recruiting radar screen with a strong junior season, is a prospect with a tremendous amount of upside potential to his game. He is part of a deep and talented group of post prospects in the Illinois Class of 2008.

Lindfors, who stands 6-9, is a developing talent who not only has the ability to score inside, but can step out, and knock down shots from the perimeter as well. This past season, Lindfors led Driscoll in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots. Lindfors posted 16 double-double's this past season.

Mike Weinstein of the Rising Stars noted, "Jake is a legit 6-9, and his dad is 6-10. It will be very interesting to see how he develops. He is still growing." Weinstein went on to note that he likes the way that Lindfors shoots the basketball, and thinks he has a chance to develop into a very nice player.

Lindfors, and his Rising Stars teammates are set to debut next weekend at the Pittsburgh Jam Fest in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania."

" Jake Lindfors Driscoll

This junior forward racked up 16 double-doubles. Unanimous all-Suburban Catholic Conference and all-tourney at Lisle and Bloomington, Lindfors averaged 17.6 points and 9.5 rebounds, crafting a game of 37 points and 13 boards. Good hands and feet, at 6-foot-9 he runs the floor, scores inside and from the arc. Lindfors is a matchup problem with a season left. Coach Nick Latorre said, “I think his game is just going to expand so much more.”

School: Addison (IL) Driscoll Catholic

AAU Team: Rising Stars

Position: Power Forward

Height: 6'9"

Weight: 200 lbs

Player Comparison: N/A

Scouting Report: A smooth forward with good perimeter skills. Lindfors can handle it and stroke it at 6'9" and is also a solid rebounder. He has good potential and is more agile than most big men. Strength will be the key to his progression as a player.

Additional Notes:

Earned fame after spotted at the State Farm Holiday Classic by MidStateHoops.com during his junior season. Blew up after his MSH Player

From here.

Lindfors Gets Two More Offers, Expecting Even More!

6′9″ Jake Lindfors of Addison-Driscoll informed MidStateHoops.com, last night, that he has picked up two more scholarship offers. Both Eastern Kentucky and Illinois State have extended scholarship offers.

EKU and ISU become the 4th and 5th schools to extend scholarships. Western Illinois, Eastern Illinois, and Albany had already offered the versatile forward.

Jake exclaimed to us that he was going to have a lot of coaches coming in to watch him in the near future and most likely offer him. Florida Gulf Coast, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and Wright State were all among the names given. DePaul will also be coming in to view the sizey and skilled scorer.

From here.

alum73 - I saw Martineau's piece on the kid visiting and checked him out on Rivals - another coache's son ( same as Billy Allen).

Zach Dzurick

OhioVarsity.com

Last season as a junior shooting guard at Zanesville High School in Ohio, Logan Aronhalt was named First Team All-Ohio and won four different player of the year awards.

For some players that might add a lot of expectations and be a burden heading into his senior season, but Aronhalt is used to being in the limelight. Just about everyone in the city of Zanesville considers him a part of their family as they have watched him grow up before their eyes.

Aronhalt's father Scott is the long-time coach of the Blue Devils.

Logan was in preschool when his father coached the team to the state title in 1995.

"I was five years old when my dad coached the team to the state title; I was the ball boy," Aronhalt said. "I remember the game at St. Johns Arena. I remember the victory parade in town. I want a piece of that."

The Blue Devils have come close to state in Aronhalt's three years as a starter. Last season the team was 20-3 and lost a close game to Chillicothe in the regional semi-finals.

"We have had a chance every year. My freshman year we won only 10 games but got on a run and made it to the regional final where we lost by four. The next year we made it back and lost by five. It doesn't get much closer to state then that. We have been right there."

Aronhalt averaged 17 points and 7 rebounds a game last season. He admits the attention off-court does take some getting used to.

"There is a little extra pressure," he said. "Strangers come up to me in the mall to say hi," he said. "I try to be nice. I know I am always being watched. I just try to stay positive and do the right thing."

And playing for his father isn't simple either.

"It is hard playing for my dad," Aronhalt said. "It never stops. He coaches me at the dinner table when we get home and he is still coaching me in the morning while we eat breakfast. But it is definitely rewarding. It has been a lot of fun. I think Zanesville is one of the best programs in the state of Ohio."

The younger Aronhalt has also learned his priorities from his father. He is a National Honors Society member and has a 4.0 grade point average.

"I believe it all starts with academics, basketball is just something extra," he said.

At 6-foot-4, 220-pounds, Aronhalt has often been forced to play post but he enjoys the freedom that comes with playing shooting guard.

"I have always been a little bigger than kids my age especially at my school," Aronhalt said. "So I had to play post. I like playing shooting guard it is something new and a little fresher. It gives me more freedom. I can get a rebound and go instead of having to wait for someone to bring the ball down."

Aronhalt said he is looking to improve his ball handling and quickness this summer. Used to great expectations, he has lofty goals for next season.

"I want to repeat as Eastern District player of the year and make first team All Ohio so I can give myself a chance at Mr. Basketball. For the team we would like to win our fourth straight district title and take a shot at the state championship."

A member of the Columbus-based Team CBIZ AAU team, Aronhalt already has caught the attention of several college coaches. He's talked with coaches from Holy Cross, Yale and Davidson and Holy Cross even watched him work out. Buffalo recently called and several other Ivy League programs have shown interest.

Archived