UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Black and Yellow

Clickclack

Is it just me or is there more black and yellow apparel worn by our coaches, athletes etc. I was at the football game and noticed that from the cheerleaders to the coaches and even staff working the game there were allot of black and yellow stuff worn. Are we slowly changing our school colors or something? Even the football players on the sideline who weren't dressed for the game had yellow and black stuff on. Am I the only one to make this observation (if so probably false) but whats going on?

It may surprise some on this board, but I remember the cross country team back around 1965 or so getting black warmups with purple and gold trim. The two years I was on the team we wore handme downs from the soccer team. It was coach Munsey's idea to go with the black warmies.

It may surprise some on this board, but I remember the cross country team back around 1965 or so getting black warmups with purple and gold trim. The two years I was on the team we wore handme downs from the soccer team. It was coach Munsey's idea to go with the black warmies.

I remember at the 1st round of march madness this year in Columbus, I must have been asked half a dozen times by people wondering why all of the UA fans wore purple and gold while the actual team was wearing black and gold. I told them they wouldn't understand.

I remember at the 1st round of march madness this year in Columbus, I must have been asked half a dozen times by people wondering why all of the UA fans wore purple and gold while the actual team was wearing black and gold. I told them they wouldn't understand.

I think the school is trying to get away from overdoing the purple on warmups/professional attire. I personally know from my experience on the sports teams that my coach wanted us to be distinguished from the likes of LSU because of similar uniforms and colors. It works. If you look closely at all those warmups though there is either purple trim on the letters or the Albany logo itself is unchanged...with the purple and gold. We're not the only school to do this.

I like UAlbany09's answer!. Hopefully they don't change the colors, Bleedpurple will have to change his handle and I'll have to change the name of the site.

imagine if you changed the name of the site from bigpurplefans to bigblackfans??? 2 things would happen...

1. The member #'s would skyrocket...

2. there would be a ton of topics discussed on here other than ualbany sports...

Archived