UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

6,417 attendance for Homecoming

Gettting 6,417 at Homecoming during a parents weekend and many alumni in town isn't that impressive.....

So much for not being able to get over 10k to our football games -bosiydid

6,417 is great but far from being able to get 10,000 consistently on non-special event weekends.

It's like saying if our Basketball team had a new 10,000 seat facility it would start drawing 8-10,000 consistently - it's just not realistic at this point.

I feel if we were to build a 10-15,000 seat stadium (which hopefully we will) we'll be able to draw 6,000 consistently and if we go full scholarship (which hopefully we will) and can draw the Delewares, UNHs and Montana types (which hopefully we will) then you'll see the numbers you want.

Of the 6,417 in attendance there were only about 300-400 Sacred Heart Fans. We have to be able to play opponents that travel well in order to avg the types of numbers we would all like to see.

There's still alot of ifs in our way but none of them are insurmountable.

Lets hope SUNY does the right thing and supports the construction!!!!

I think that we could get a lot more people to games if we had a better facility. I love UA but the current football facility sucks. I have season tickets and sit halfway up the stands at about the 50yd line, normally those would be ideal. However, you can't see that great, your sitting on rotting wood, you have no leg room. I stood in line for 25 minutes waiting for a cup of coffee at halftime because the concessions and bathroom situations are a joke. The stadium speakers don't work well. Merchandise area is lacking. Everything is cramped........I could go on, and on. With all that said, I will still go to the next game because I love UA and UA sports. The person who won't come back is going to be the guy who brings the wife and kids to the game and finds out that it is uncomfortable and has long lines to get a hot dog. I know everyone on this board wants improvements so I don't know why i'm trying to make a case for a stadium, just frustrated that a great school like UA is stuck with worse football facilities than my high school.

Gettting 6,417 at Homecoming during a parents weekend and many alumni in town isn't that impressive.....

So much for not being able to get over 10k to our football games -bosiydid

6,417 is great but far from being able to get 10,000 consistently on non-special event weekends.

Albany. Home of low expectations. Nothing like raining on the parade. Yesterday was a great success. Just say it was a great success and leave at that.

I went to Central Michigan v. Army yesterday. If they can get 21,000 to the sticks of Michigan, we can get it to a metro area in excess of 1 million residents. I'm so tired of low expectations that seem to dominate Smallbany! 15k should be a walk in the park.

danes05 - all great points and all very,very dissappointingly true.

Poor bleachers

Terrible speaker system - 1/2 the time you can't even hear the National Anthem

Poor toilet facilities

Poor concessions - absolutely the worst - and there is no reason for it at an outdoor venue

No true merchandise area

The events are definitely not kid friendly

All this leads to smaller crowds, less repeat attendees and absolutely minimal collegiate environment.

The the UA concession/food contract should be split into general school and athletic events Chartwell's does a terrible job at Sporting events.

danes05 - try sitting in the first 3-5 rows you can hardly see the game with the team in front of you and almost at your sight level

When UA builds a stadium they will have to coax fans that they have driven away back, not an easy task.

Hopefully within the next 6months to a year we have a positive responce from SUNY

I went to Central Michigan v. Army yesterday. If they can get 21,000 to the sticks of Michigan, we can get it to a metro area in excess of 1 million residents. I'm so tired of low expectations that seem to dominate Smallbany! 15k should be a walk in the park.ATL_DANE

I hope you are correct that 15,000 would be "a walk in the park" but I would check what Siena, the Patroons, River Rats and Conquests do at the TUC.

Check what the biggest concerts in the region do.

When the time comes and our stadium is built and we are good enough to be able to draw an Army to UA, yes then even in Smallbany we'll draw decent.

You can call us what you want but "pie in the sky" expectations for 1 sport isn't going to get it done either.

We are still small players at the DI level, still in our infancy but good enough to have a #2 ranked Men's Lacrosse team playing in a new facility with no permanent seating or Press Box.

Our NCAA talented Volleyball team plays in an outdated, antiquated HS like gym.

Our great track program can't even host big meets because of a substandard track.

Our SEFCU arena doesn't even have a permanent concession stand or enough toilet facilities.

I could go on and on - UA's athletic program has a GREAT problem it's teams are achieving results that weren't expected for another 5-10 years and their is tremendous need for overall facility improvements in many areas.

Heck, the "Varsity Club" tent area appears not even full - for most games. Where are all the big backers who want UA to move forward????

The truth is the truth - we're having severe growing pains and our destiny is not in our hands but in the hands of SUNY and the State Legislature.

Don't get hostile with the people who are here and supporting UA where are the rest of the UA diehards??????

Some other attendances from around the Northeast for those interested:

Brown - 6,493

New Hampshire - 11,068

Yale -14,052

UMass - 16,200 paid reported with estimates at around 18,000 actual

Harvard - 10,001

Holy Cross - 5607

Cornell - 12,035

CCSU - 3349

Monmouth - 3954

Columbia - 8963

Maine - 7122