UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Field Hockey to America East Championship Final

does anyone who follows FH closely see an at-large bid in our future?. I'm not certain as to how many teams comprise the field but it would seem as if the Lady Danes have a good shot.

I don't follow it closely, but I can tell you there are 16 teams in the field, the selection show is Tues at 8 on CSTV and UA was ranked #15 in the latest poll. According to the game recap on UA's website "The Great Danes, who are ranked 15th in the latest NFHCA natonal poll, will wait to learn if they can claim an at-large bid into the national tournament"

does anyone who follows FH closely see an at-large bid in our future?. I'm not certain as to how many teams comprise the field but it would seem as if the Lady Danes have a good shot.

I don't follow it closely, but I can tell you there are 16 teams in the field, the selection show is Tues at 8 on CSTV and UA was ranked #15 in the latest poll. According to the game recap on UA's website "The Great Danes, who are ranked 15th in the latest NFHCA natonal poll, will wait to learn if they can claim an at-large bid into the national tournament"

Unfortunately, the 3 goal loss may hurt us. Gotta think, without checking it, that one of the teams right below us may have played a tough game in their own tourney's.

Good luck ladies.

Either way...WOW...what a season and what a future they can mold from it.

Could anyone have guessed at UA's DI success...NATIONAL success...that we are achieving so soon across the board.

Again, kudos to Dr. McElroy and his staff for their vision....and kudos to Coach Sykes and his staff for doing a wonderful job rebuilding this team!

A few weeks ago I was pondering this question.

I noticed that 5 or 6 conferences that get auto-entry into the tournament, or so I am assuming, didn't have a team in the top 25..... Therefore, there are 6 teams that will get in through auto-entry that may not be so good by winning their conference tourny.

There are conferences with multiple teams ranked higher than UAlbany, and assume those teams have the advanctage. Although, some of those teams don't have as good a record as UAlbany. Will be an interesting field.

Our Lady Danes kept it close most of the game.

Archived