UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Raffa Watch 2008

I was planning on starting a new Raffa thread for some time, but a new poster has re-energized the discussion of our prolific recruit from New Jersey, Anthony Raffa.

Having already bookmarked a few sites, I was hoping to keep a new watch on Raffa's season.

So, first entry:

Raffa's team opens play against Lee Academy (ME) on November 10th at 2PM.

Unfortunately, the rosters for the Varsity program are not yet up, but I found nothing that would suggest that Raffa is not ready to play the season opener.

It should be a fun season to watch...

Is the competition pretty good in prep school? After reading the passage about the players at Raffa's schools, it appears as though they have some pretty good talent. Prior to following college basketball and recruits, I had never heard of the concept of a post-high school "prep school". How common are these types of schools? They seem like a great opportunity to prepare someone for college in ways that high schools don't. I know so many people, including myself, that could have gained a lot from such an experience (both on the playing field/court and in the classroom).

Don't want to sound dumb or cynical here...but how committed is this young man to U-A??? Is it not possible that given a strong season in prep that he might choose to elevate and leave U-A in the dust???

Just wondering.....

We will know next week- Early signing period.

Scores have been posted on the Winchendon site, so in the very least we know the games were played:

11/10 02:00 PM vs. Lee Academy L 71 - 80

11/11 01:00 PM vs. Maine Central Institute W 68 - 66

11/13 03:30 PM vs. Edison W 89 - 72

Now to go fishing for box scores...

Don't want to sound dumb or cynical here...but how committed is this young man to U-A??? Is it not possible that given a strong season in prep that he might choose to elevate and leave U-A in the dust???

Just wondering.....

We will know next week- Early signing period.

And now we know - Albany gets NLOIs from Raffa, Lindfors, and Aronhalt

Albany release

Just have to teach the Zanesville paper the correct name of the school - not

" Division I Albany State, N.Y. University "

Hey, can't hurt to email the writer about it..since it's likely he'll write an article or two a year about Aronhalt.

dweidig@nncogannett.com

First I'll wait to see if he says we play in the American East

Just have to teach the Zanesville paper the correct name of the school - not

" Division I Albany State, N.Y. University "

Hey, can't hurt to email the writer about it..since it's likely he'll write an article or two a year about Aronhalt.

dweidig@nncogannett.com

First I'll wait to see if he says we play in the American East

I actually contacted the editor of the USA Today because they kept listing the Giants training camp as being at the University of Albany. He told me that he would contact the AP because that is where the problem was. He later sent me an email confirming that the change was made and that AP stories would from now on use at and not of. But that doesn't help when local writers don't get it right.

Archived