UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

College Hoops 2K8

UA_MA_2000

Anyone here pick up College Hoops 2K8 yet for XBox 360, PS3, PS2, or XBox? The game was released today! I plan on getting it for XBox 360 after work and will inform as to whether the game was updated to reflect SEFCU's naming rights and other features of our Arena. They did a great job with our UAlbany rosters and players last year (Yocum was one of my favorite players off the bench in last year's game); hopefully they'll do just as well this year. If anyone picks up the game today, I'm dying to know how it is!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone here pick up College Hoops 2K8 yet for XBox 360, PS3, PS2, or XBox? The game was released today! I plan on getting it for XBox 360 after work and will inform as to whether the game was updated to reflect SEFCU's naming rights and other features of our Arena. They did a great job with our UAlbany rosters and players last year (Yocum was one of my favorite players off the bench in last year's game); hopefully they'll do just as well this year. If anyone picks up the game today, I'm dying to know how it is!!

I plan on "getting" it today! And no...not from a store. I don't know how many gamers we have on this board but I like playing my 360 when I have the time (not often).

I plan on "getting" it today! And no...not from a store. I don't know how many gamers we have on this board but I like playing my 360 when I have the time (not often).

Please post screenshots if you can. I think everyone would get a kick out of it.

I always buy March Madness, but last year they had the wrong roster,uniform colors,arena, and previous years record for UA. pissed me off. For those that know, is CH2k2008 a better game than MM?

It has been consistently rated higher by the likes of IGN, Gamespot etc. I was always a March Madness guy but this year without a doubt I'm getting NCAA2k8, like I said, they are always rated higher.

March Madness (hereinafter "MM") is HORRIBLE! College Hoops 2K7 was way better (and more realistic). MM has gotten some praise from those who like more of an acrade-type game. But the players and realism of College Hoops is second to none.

For those who haven't played the games, or are confused about what we are talking about, last year's game was so cool, in part, because you could type in the names of all of our players, and the names were found in the game's database (i.e., Iati, Siggers, etc.). Moreover, the announcers for the game knew exactly how to pronounce names like Iati, Siggers, Yocum, etc. The players also have basically the same characteristics as the real players in real life, and even look kinda the same (the must scan pictures of the players into the game or something like that). So much fun!

Whenever the game was on display at Best Buy, I'd fire up a game featuring UAlbany vs. Siena ... always drew some onlookers who usually made some fun comments about the matchup!

I'll figure out how to post pictures here, and will post a few UAlbany pictures from the game if that's okay with DP.

Here's a link to the game for those who want to take a peek at videos and screen shots from the game: http://2ksports.com/games/choops2k8/

March Madness (hereinafter "MM") is HORRIBLE! College Hoops 2K7 was way better (and more realistic). MM has gotten some praise from those who like more of an acrade-type game. But the players and realism of College Hoops is second to none.

For those who haven't played the games, or are confused about what we are talking about, last year's game was so cool, in part, because you could type in the names of all of our players, and the names were found in the game's database (i.e., Iati, Siggers, etc.). Moreover, the announcers for the game knew exactly how to pronounce names like Iati, Siggers, Yocum, etc. The players also have basically the same characteristics as the real players in real life, and even look kinda the same (the must scan pictures of the players into the game or something like that). So much fun!

Whenever the game was on display at Best Buy, I'd fire up a game featuring UAlbany vs. Siena ... always drew some onlookers who usually made some fun comments about the matchup!

I'll figure out how to post pictures here, and will post a few UAlbany pictures from the game if that's okay with DP.

Here's a link to the game for those who want to take a peek at videos and screen shots from the game: http://2ksports.com/games/choops2k8/

Well, I guess I'm taking a half day at work and going to get the game right now. I was gonna leave early anyway, with this being a game night and all.

FYI, a free pic hosting website can be found at http://www.showyourmedia.com. Just upload the pic, copy the url and paste here using the insert image button. pretty easy.

I just ordered College Hoops 2K8, NBA 2K8, and NHL 2K8 (comes free w/ purchase of NBA 2K8) -- I can't wait to get the heck out of here and see some UA hoops and play games all night!

Government attorney's :P

HAHAHA.....don't worry I'll be in my office until midnight tonight!

FYI, a free pic hosting website can be found at http://www.showyourmedia.com. Just upload the pic, copy the url and paste here using the insert image button. pretty easy.

Nice! Thanks for the link. I'm not sure how I can take screen shots of my xbox 360 games other than by using a camera, but if I can save images through the game, my computer can recognize the 360 on my network and access the images that way. The 2K7 game did a great job with recreating Coach Brown, so I think people here will get a kick out of that picture, among others!

I just ordered College Hoops 2K8, NBA 2K8, and NHL 2K8 (comes free w/ purchase of NBA 2K8) -- I can't wait to get the heck out of here and see some UA hoops and play games all night!

Government attorney's :P

HAHAHA.....don't worry I'll be in my office until midnight tonight!

While that is my fate on many nights, the exception is always game night at the SEFCU!

This is interesting, it appears as though one of the developers (or just a fan?) from last year's game -- College Hoops 2K7 -- played a season using our very own Great Danes. Included in the thread (scroll down on the webpage listed below) are real-life pictures of Coach and an older picture of Jamar. Note that the scores posted are scores from the video game "season" that this developer (or fan?) played through, and not real life. :)

http://www.sportsgamer.com/forums/dynastie...nes-legacy.html

I thought it was funny how that person said the following about Siena and UAlbany: "These two schools are like next door neighbors. This was a close game the whole game. In the 2nd half Brent Wilson took over. In a Albany win 78-64."

Archived