UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I agree on both points. I would like to know what his scholarship offers were, if at all, at UD, UNH and Hofstra.

Yeah DF...agree. I am not so sure that he was getting a "FULL RIDE" to any of those schools; They are passing schools and it does not seem like he is a passer. Seems like a great athlete however, I would have liked to see more passing out of him. While I know we are primarily a running squad, I feel that to get to the next level we need a PASSER. It has bothered me for years.

Fact is, the top playoff teams all pass the crap out of the football.

I am not as excited about this signing as I thought I would be from the post.

I read another story on this kid this morning. I think one additional advantage he may bring with him is more fans. A great bonus for UA. He's from a local high school and seems real popular. As we get closer to realizing a stadium, it would be nice to have more community support (non-alumni).

I don't mean to clutter up the thread but does anyone know if UA is even considering a marching band? That would also add a lot of folks to the game between band members, parents, friends and those who enjoy a good game and half-time show.

I would love to see a marching band. I keep comparing to Delaware, because I think its what we should be striving for. Delaware has a 300 piece marching band and a separate pep band.

A marching band would be great.

300 piece? I think that could translate into another easy grand showing up to games. Like I said you would be adding band members and their supporters like parents and girlfriends/boyfriends etc.

I would imagine that's something the music department would have to hook up? If SUNY is adding all this new faculty I would imagine that some of the new hires would be from schools accustomed to marching bands like Big 10, Big 12 type alumni. They might think it's a good idea also.

I would love to see a marching band. I keep comparing to Delaware, because I think its what we should be striving for. Delaware has a 300 piece marching band and a separate pep band.

300 piece? I think that could translate into another easy grand showing up to games. Like I said you would be adding band members and their supporters like parents and girlfriends/boyfriends etc.

I would imagine that's something the music department would have to hook up? If SUNY is adding all this new faculty I would imagine that some of the new hires would be from schools accustomed to marching bands like Big 10, Big 12 type alumni. They might think it's a good idea also.

Where would they sit? ;)

Where would they sit? ;)

Hopefully in our kiss a$$ new 15,000 seat stadium.

most people who are in marching band are getting college credit for it. It is something the music department has to get with. Considering they have a pep band that is volunteer and the university doesn't have to put tons of money into, the odds of a marching band happening are slim if you ask me.

most people who are in marching band are getting college credit for it. It is something the music department has to get with. Considering they have a pep band that is volunteer and the university doesn't have to put tons of money into, the odds of a marching band happening are slim if you ask me.

I would agree. The music department would have a lot of control over a marching band but adminstration can make it happen if they take the athletic department seriously. If you want to stay at the NEC level, fine keep what you have. If you want to play ball at a CAA level or higher you need to look like a CAA level team. Along with a stadium, that means scholarships and a band. Dress for the job you want not the one you have.

If your building a luxury car, an engine might be the most important component. But can you do without a radio, air conditioning, etc? Sure you can drive without it but will it sell?

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like UA lost a prospect. The kid will be kicking himself sooner or later. UAlbany will eventually make the move up. All we need is a freakin' stadium. Colgate will be unchanged... on the frozen tundra of central New York 100 years from now.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2008/jan/30/0130_nicosia/

Archived