UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Anyone else notice Hastings played 1 minute?

I was surprised that he only played 1 minute since he is a good defender. Has he fallen out of favor with Coach Brown? Any ideas?

No clue, but I am disappointed (Like that matters much-- I am just a fan).

I know it takes time for JUCO's to adjust-- I would love nothing more than him to be Siggers in his development-- but I am unimpressed so far with his offensive game. His defense, IMHO, isn't as spectacular as some seem to think.

Maybe I am missing something, but hopefully the kid...and is just that...a kid...gets out of his slumber. He has the physical tools...

I was surprised that he only played 1 minute since he is a good defender. Has he fallen out of favor with Coach Brown? Any ideas?

I know it takes time for JUCO's to adjust-- I would love nothing more than him to be Siggers in his development-- but I am unimpressed so far with his offensive game. His defense, IMHO, isn't as spectacular as some seem to think.

Maybe I am missing something, but hopefully the kid...and is just that...a kid...gets out of his slumber. He has the physical tools...

I agree with D96, I'm unimpressed with his offensive game....check that. I don't know if he has one or not because he is UNWILLING to display any semblance of offense. His D is above average but unspectacular. I'm also unimpressed with Lillis as a ball handler....he seems way out of control way to many times for a senior. It's like when he gets doubled, he's so afraid to turn the ball over that he'll either clear out with his off arm, bowl someone over and in the process gets called for an offensive foul, or loses the ball outright. I don't know about anyone else, but I do not want to see him bringing the ball up when pressured, far to often it results in a TO.

I agree with D96, I'm unimpressed with his offensive game....check that. I don't know if he has one or not because he is UNWILLING to display any semblance of offense. His D is above average but unspectacular. I'm also unimpressed with Lillis as a ball handler....he seems way out of control way to many times for a senior. It's like when he gets doubled, he's so afraid to turn the ball over that he'll either clear out with his off arm, bowl someone over and in the process gets called for an offensive foul, or loses the ball outright. I don't know about anyone else, but I do not want to see him bringing the ball up when pressured, far to often it results in a TO.

I often get the feeling that Lillis is playing out of position, pure and simple. I don't know what his role was in high school, but I am guessing he mostly played forward. If he were a great ball-handling guard at 6'5" with a better 3-point shot, he could be playing for a BCS school or a top mid-major. Don't get me wrong; I like Brian's game otherwise, and we're better with him. But I do agree with other posters that Scrap probably ought to be our primary point guard at some point this season.

Regarding Jerel, I just wish he could step it up so I can make my red and blue Jerel sign with a "5" in place of the Superman "S". Or perhaps the sign needs to be made first...

I'll be in our nation's capital this weekend visiting younger brother S€, so give Boise State hell on Saturday boys and girls.

Peace out,

S€

I often get the feeling that Lillis is playing out of position, pure and simple. I don't know what his role was in high school, but I am guessing he mostly played forward. If he were a great ball-handling guard at 6'5" with a better 3-point shot, he could be playing for a BCS school or a top mid-major. Don't get me wrong; I like Brian's game otherwise, and we're better with him. But I do agree with other posters that Scrap probably ought to be our primary point guard at some point this season.

Regarding Jerel, I just wish he could step it up so I can make my red and blue Jerel sign with a "5" in place of the Superman "S". Or perhaps the sign needs to be made first...

I'll be in our nation's capital this weekend visiting younger brother S€, so give Boise State hell on Saturday boys and girls.

Peace out,

S€

Agree that Lillis is out of position. He is a small forward who is playing point guard probably because Coach Brown likes his experience and trusts him to provide leadership. It's obvious though that he has trouble against pressure getting the ball up the court. Maybe against some of the AE teams he can do it but against better defensive teams it's beena big problem.

[

Agree that Lillis is out of position. He is a small forward who is playing point guard probably because Coach Brown likes his experience and trusts him to provide leadership. It's obvious though that he has trouble against pressure getting the ball up the court. Maybe against some of the AE teams he can do it but against better defensive teams it's been a big problem.

Agree. If Iati gives 110%, Lillis gives 115%. He is a team leader, but he's been unable to operate against pressure the way he's been asked to. Martin/Ambrose need to take over most of Iati's point guard minutes and Lillis, with the offensive moves he's bringing into the paint each game, will be sensational.

Defensively, he's still the best.

A few thoughts:

1. You only have 200 minutes per game to distribute. It might not be that Hastings fell out of favor, but if Ambrose and Martin are going to get a lot of minutes, someone has to have reduced minutes.

2. If you go back to the announcements about Hastings signing, his strength was his ability to draw fouls and get to the line. That part of his game hasn't developed yet at this level. That is what Ambrose has been able to do the last few games.

3. Lillis has never really had to handle the ball against pressure D - that was Jamar's role last year. I think the team needs a secondary ball handler - Martin would be primary but I'm not sure who is the secondary ball handler. Would like to see Lillis off the ball.

I was wondering why we didn't see Hastings in the first half when Nelson (among others) was killing us. I thought Hastings would match up with him a little better but in the minute they put him it he got two quick fouls and sat down again.

I don't know that he'll compare to Siggers just because Siggers was a pretty complete offensive player but hopefully Hastings can find himself at this level. I'm sure going from a starter to the bench is a tough transition as well.

Archived