UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNH game thread

And when you make over 200k a year and you are a 13 or so year head coach at the college level, you too can make those decisions.

YOU PEOPLE ARE COMICAL---Yeah the ones who are armchair coaches right now. YOU THINK WILL DOESNT WANT TO WIN? If Ambrose were capable of taking care of what needed to be taken care of to the point where he could help us win games by playing more the kid would be playing--WILL WANTS TO WIN!

Half, if not more or these armchair types have never played a high level of high school (or coached) ball, let alone college, yet y'all are experts.

Believe me, I dont always agree with Coach, however you guys are ridiculous already-- It sounds like the Siena board.

TAKE STOCK IN WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED IN A SHORT TIME...get a beer...and come back and post.

Be negative when it is necessary...but you need to take STOCK in the situation.

And for the record, I can BITCH about Ambrose's D. I have watched nearly every game...and I am coming at you from a coach and former college player's perspective. The kid wouldn't be playing for me either. He is a talent...but one who needs to understand the nuances of college. This isn't an AAU game...and it isn't a game where you say: "HERE KID...take the rock...go nuts." Even Jamar got his ass put on the bench for not playing defense.

YOU DONT LEARN SETS ON THE COURT. THAT $iena SHOULD BE SECOND HAND. What you get by playing is endurance, speed of the game, and physicality.

You wouldnt start (or play) a guy who doesnt know where the hell he is supposed to be.

Everytime I read your shit you ALWAYS agree with Will Brown. "Well, you guys aren't the coach, how could you disagree?!"

It's like this is a communist society and I can't share my thoughts. You piss me off beyond believe on this site. You think because your older then me you know SOO much more about the game of basketball. People like that just bother the Bing out of me.

We can all share an opinion. Just because we don't agree with Will Brown who got us to two NCAA tourny's doesn't mean we know nothing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, quite a thread. I thought I was on the Siena forum for a second. I guess we'll all have to handle a little adversity this season. Let's try to do it gracefully.
He's the only guy I've lost total respect for. He's ALWAYS calling ME out, specifically. That bothers the hell out of me. And every time he disagrees, he sends out a cheapass comment about me being in High School.

Wow, quite a thread. I thought I was on the Siena forum for a second. I guess we'll all have to handle a little adversity this season. Let's try to do it gracefully.

Great post 73 (except for the Siena part). This goes to no one in particular and to everyone, if someone states an opinion go after the opinion and not the person making it. I'm doing an upgrade on the board this weekend that will allow me to deliver electric shocks through your keyboard if you violate this.

He's the only guy I've lost total respect for. He's ALWAYS calling ME out, specifically. That bothers the hell out of me. And every time he disagrees, he sends out a cheapass comment about me being in High School.

Take it easy kiddo. Your vast experience of Great Dane basketball (and basketball on a whole) does not bode well for you to talk $iena about why a coach is absolutely wrong for doing something strategy wise. The opinions I rip are uniformed aboslutes...rather than reasoned opinion. Playing Ambrose because he is not athletic is not a proper reason. Your boy Jamar loves and loved most of what Will did for him, going almost so far as to call him a father like figure. Now that he is gone you go and rip him?

And btw, I have certainly disagreed with some things Will has done and have been vocal about. Like all of us, he is far from perfect. However, you were riding his jock while Jamar was around. Interesting to say the least.

DP-- I will take my shock treatment...like a man Sorry to have caused the stir on this one! But for the record, until I was personally attacked I said "YOU PEOPLE" as a generality...not a particular poster. I was careful about that!

Now bitch away people...because as Alum73 stated...and I stated two weeks ago when the same people were moaning-- It sounds like the Siena board and it is truly sad. Adversity builds character. This team will be better off for it.

Some of you should have been around when we stuck by our team when we had 5 wins and less than 4 scholarship players on the floor.

Lets put this into perspective people UNH has always been a hard match up for us. I remember during the 2005-06 campaign when they beat us twice.

As for Ambrose he is a special talent, but he is raw. The kid has a lot to learn and quiet frankly IDK a better teacher/coach for him then Brown.

So lets all take a purple chill pill and focus our attention to UVM on Sunday. GO UA "WE WANT A THREE-PEET"

I think Will Brown is an excellent coach. I just disagree with you that you think Ambrose shouldn't play more minutes, thats all. It was more the fact the way you stated your opinion that bothered me rather then your actual insight. To be honest, I think you know your stuff and I'm not even arguing what your saying because it's legitimate. What I'm arguing is that you are always like "With your coaching experience, etc etc." And don't give me you don't know what I mean. You are always making a comment about me being in high school, therefore you must make the sterotypical comment that I don't know enough about basketball to state my opinion? Disagree with my opinion, but don't disagree, and make a comment about me being in high school.

/rant.

Lets go Danes.

Archived