UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown on Ambrose.

Tim's playing time has been a hot topic here and caused some heated discussions. Here it it straight from the coach's mouth. This should put to rest the question of why Ambrose doesn't get more playing time. You may not agree but at least we know for sure why.

From the game preview blog entry.

I started to ask Brown on Friday if, given UAlbany’s offensive struggles, he might have to think about giving the talented Ambrose more playing time. I hadn’t finished the question before Brown jumped right in.

“No way,” he said. “He needs to play harder and he needs to practice harder and he needs to realize if he gets 10 and his man gets 20, that’s not good enough. It’s more than just about basketball. If basketball’s something that you love and you can’t do things the right way, what am I teaching him? He’s got to continue to form good habits on and off the floor. Quite frankly, him playing more isn’t going to have any direct correlation in our wins and losses right now. What type of message am I sending to my guys if I play guys that aren’t working hard enough to play? So when he gets more consistent and gives better effort, he’ll play more. And that goes for all the guys.”

Interesting. If he's not hustling in practice etc., he doesn't deserve to play. I noticed one thing this year, in comparison to the last couple of years - perhaps this is a stretch, but it seems as though Coach Brown is a lot more vocal regarding players and how they are doing within the team, and the team concept/work ethic wise. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing but to me at least, last year we had no idea about Carl Ross, for example, until he was randomly let go at the end of the year. He also didn't play much, if at all at the beginning of the year and it seemed that he definately helped us. as he got more PT. It is nice to know at least why Ambrose isn't playing more. I'd hope that he is able to get his act together and move forward because he can be a real asset.

Yes....that should settle it. No on here can argue that he should still play him, it's coach Browns call to make. The Boise game stands out to me where he gave up back to back three pointers and got pulled immediately and rightfully so.

We should discuss this type of stuff here but there has never been a question in my mind that coach Brown is using Timmy properly. The only one holding Timmy back is Timmy. Looking forward to IT finally clicking for him.

I'm glad the questions was asked and answered. As witnessed by the conversations here I wasn't the only one who wondered why Ambrose would be on the bench during some of the second half droughts. I knew Coach Brown had his reasons but it was good to hear it from him.

Another Tim (Wilkin) has a Q+A with Coach Brown in today's TU. Wilkin

I'm glad the questions was asked and answered. As witnessed by the conversations here I wasn't the only one who wondered why Ambrose would be on the bench during some of the second half droughts. I knew Coach Brown had his reasons but it was good to hear it from him.

Another Tim (Wilkin) has a Q+A with Coach Brown in today's TU. Wilkin

My thoughts exactly. I wanted to know the reeason and we got the answer. Very happy about that.

Archived