UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Top 100 Public Schools (Kiplinger's)

danefan

http://content.kiplinger.com/tools/college...;outputby=table

UAlbany ranked as follows:

#66 for in-state public school.

#28 for out-of-state public school.

Other SUNYs:

Geneseo - #6 in-state; #1 out-of-state

Bing' - #8 in-state; #2 out-of-state

Purchase - #55 in-state; #52 out-of-state

Fredonia - #56 in-state; #27 out-of-state

New Paltz - #74 in-state; #39 out-of-state

UB - #76 in-state; #42 out-of-state

Brockport - #78 in-state; #47 out-of-state

Cortland - #89 in-state; #63 - out-of-state

Plattsburgh - #97 in-state; #79 out-of-state

Other notables:

Delaware - #20 in-state; #8 out-of-state

UMass - #65 in-state; #60 out-of-state

UNH - #80 in-state; #84 out-of-state

Vermont - #69 in-state; #83 out-of-state

I saw the full article. The theme was the best buys in public college education. A number of factors were considered including costs, SAT scores of students, etc. It was not just a measure of academic excellence.

Other notable: Stony Brook not in the top 100?

Check again. Not there. Interesting.....

And somehow the SUNY Commission wants them to be a flagship even though they're the only one NOT to make the list? Amazing.

I have to give props to Kiplinger's for doing something that seemed pretty fair to SUNY as a whole (though I'm shocked how well Geneseo and Binghamton did...).

Other notable: Stony Brook not in the top 100?

Check again. Not there. Interesting.....

And somehow the SUNY Commission wants them to be a flagship even though they're the only one NOT to make the list? Amazing.

I have to give props to Kiplinger's for doing something that seemed pretty fair to SUNY as a whole (though I'm shocked how well Geneseo and Binghamton did...).

I'm not shocked by 'Bing. It is a really good school no matter how much they suck in athletics.

Not sure that best "value" would determine flagship status. This is one list not the all encompassing rating. There will probably always be 4 university centers as there are today. If it was based solely on D1 NCAA appearances, we'd be no. 1.

I saw the full article. The theme was the best buys in public college education. A number of factors were considered including costs, SAT scores of students, etc. It was not just a measure of academic excellence.

I agree with UA66. It's a nice list to be included in but it's not a statement of academic excellence.

Looks like there was a marginal improvement from last year (67 to 66). I'm hoping we can make US News this year but since we basically stayed put in this list it's hard to imagine we'll jump in another? US News is cited so much by the media. We're the only SUNY university center not on the top 125 (1st tier).

How did Fredonnia and Purchase beat us in this Kiplinger's? SUNY is pretty obscure amongst the national public but these two schools... I know nothing myself about them.

One other note, it seems Kiplingers doesn't differentiate between college types. Genesseo (liberal arts) is listed along side with UNC Chapel Hill (flagship). Very different models.

Anyway... I'll take the positive plug.

As far as Binghamton is concerned, the quality of education you get there is the same as the one you get at UAlbany. I know, I spent a semester there as a transfer before deciding to come back to UA. (And no, I didn't flunk out. I got the same grades there that I do here at UA.)

I agree with UA66. It's a nice list to be included in but it's not a statement of academic excellence.

Looks like there was a marginal improvement from last year (67 to 66). I'm hoping we can make US News this year but since we basically stayed put in this list it's hard to imagine we'll jump in another? US News is cited so much by the media. We're the only SUNY university center not on the top 125 (1st tier).

How did Fredonnia and Purchase beat us in this Kiplinger's? SUNY is pretty obscure amongst the national public but these two schools... I know nothing myself about them.

One other note, it seems Kiplingers doesn't differentiate between college types. Genesseo (liberal arts) is listed along side with UNC Chapel Hill (flagship). Very different models.

Pretty sure Purchase is well known for the Art programs they have.

Pretty sure Purchase is well known for the Art programs they have.

Same with New Paltz.

Same with New Paltz.

Last summer New Paltz was ranked 7th for 'public schools with master's programs in the North' ,and 38th of all schools, by USN&WR, and named 'hottest small public school' by Newsweek. Their acceptance rate is 32%

SUNY-NP archive

They have a top music therapy program (my daughter's major). I'm not sure what else distinguishes them, but they have professional programs in the fine and performing arts, education, healthcare, business and engineering.

Archived