UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown: Blog Entry

Well, we've got a new team in front of us... and with some injuries, it's been a period of uncertainty so far.

The conference tournament includes everyone. As long as we don't have to play in the play-in game on Friday night, then really the season conference record doesn't have much meaning (other than home court advantage in the final). If a team is good enough, they can win the final on the road anyways.

Key: getting Josh Martin back.

I was hoping for a better showing of our 3 point shooting from Iati and Wilson this season. Seems to me that we need the reliability of their long range game.

I'm very impressed with Lillis, and how he's carried the team thus far.

From being the America East Defensive Player of the Year last year, to becoming our Offense this season, I have alot of respect and appreciation for his game.

Great job Lillis!!!!!!!!!!

I've been tied up this week and unable to stay very close to UA information. This morning was my first opportunity to read Coach Brown's recent entry.

He echoes many of the sentiments I repeatedly read on this board. (ie sometimes looking unprepared and not following the scouting reports, too many 3's, the wrong people taking threes, sloppy play, missed open looks, creating increased post play opportunities).

There is one contributor to this board who has repeatedly admonished many of us for expressing criticism, saying 'this is why coaches hate message boards'.

If coach's criticism is essentially the same as the 'negative posters' why should we assume that coaches hate message boards? Coach Brown's blog, particularly the first paragraph would be right at home here. Would D96 take him to task for his comments?

Uhhhh. Yes - I've been "preaching" to the board. And since technically, I said them on the board before he came out in the paper and said his piece, I don't really see how what I said could be misconstrued. I'm not saying I gave him these ideas (OBVIOUSLY) or that he wasn't thinking them all along (OBVIOUSLY) - I'm just saying that I got crap for my ideas, and yet coach pretty much said exactly what I was telling everyone here.

JustDrastik - this is a messgae board consisting of alot of guys like me - armchair quarterbacks.

Most of us love our UA sports and for me especially hoops.

We should all be allowed our opinions and we will disagree on topics all of the time.

Take everything with a grain of salt in fact a number of grains of salt..

The only thing I don't like is negativity about individual players, I don't think there is a guy on the team who doesn't attempt to do the best they can everytime they're out on the court.

As long as things don't get too personal, disagreements are entertaining (for lack of a better word at this time) and some of the discussions (arguments) are fun to follow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's kind of evident what our shortcomings are and we all know that in order to compete for a title we have alot of work to do.

What's great about Coach Brown's blog is it gives us some insight to the inner workings of the team (much more than most of our fellow AE fans get on their team).

His talk about energy, injury, shot selection and competiveness helps a guy like me understand.

I also know it is easier to recognize problems then correct them.

I agree 100%. I was just agreeing with Kind Dane:

He echoes many of the sentiments I repeatedly read on this board. (ie sometimes looking unprepared and not following the scouting reports, too many 3's, the wrong people taking threes, sloppy play, missed open looks, creating increased post play opportunities).

There is one contributor to this board who has repeatedly admonished many of us for expressing criticism, saying 'this is why coaches hate message boards'.

If coach's criticism is essentially the same as the 'negative posters' why should we assume that coaches hate message boards? Coach Brown's blog, particularly the first paragraph would be right at home here. Would D96 take him to task for his comments?

JustDrastik - this is a messgae board consisting of alot of guys like me - armchair quarterbacks.

Most of us love our UA sports and for me especially hoops.

We should all be allowed our opinions and we will disagree on topics all of the time.

Take everything with a grain of salt in fact a number of grains of salt..

The only thing I don't like is negativity about individual players, I don't think there is a guy on the team who doesn't attempt to do the best they can everytime they're out on the court.

As long as things don't get too personal, disagreements are entertaining (for lack of a better word at this time) and some of the discussions (arguments) are fun to follow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's kind of evident what our shortcomings are and we all know that in order to compete for a title we have alot of work to do.

What's great about Coach Brown's blog is it gives us some insight to the inner workings of the team (much more than most of our fellow AE fans get on their team).

His talk about energy, injury, shot selection and competiveness helps a guy like me understand.

I also know it is easier to recognize problems then correct them.

Great post, Patch!

I think a lot of us have been at one time or another, criticized for make arm chair observations because in someone else's judgment, we either lack inside knowledge, have no actual coaching experience, or just don't know what we're talking about.

And I always think that is b.s

'Fans' at all levels of technical expertise have always enjoyed doing that. We just have computers and blogs and message boards now. I'm okay with what anyone says, but I agree, there is no justification for personal attack on a player, but I don't remember seeing that too often, if ever.

I just hope we don't ever get many women weighing in. Lets keep it among the fellas.

Even if women truly do understand sports, I find their opinions grating. I know some will disagree, but really, how many of you wouldn't prefer a guy to Linda Cohen on ESPN, or have ever heard anything worthwhile from a wench working the sidelines at a football game?

Archived