UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Complaints about the conference schedule

Not from me this time. In today's TU Siena's Coach McCaffery is quoted as saying their conference schedule is "idiotic" for playing teams back to back like they've done with Cansius. I agree with him but it reminded me of Coach Brown's statements last year which were similar about Albany's conference schedule. It will be interesting to see if the MAAC deals with it in the same heavy handed manner the AE did.

Not from me this time. In today's TU Siena's Coach McCaffery is quoted as saying their conference schedule is "idiotic" for playing teams back to back like they've done with Cansius. I agree with him but it reminded me of Coach Brown's statements last year which were similar about Albany's conference schedule. It will be interesting to see if the MAAC deals with it in the same heavy handed manner the AE did.

The problem with our schedule last year was that the games were too close together. Something like 4 games in 7 days if I remember correctly. The AE schedule is not bad this season considering that there are an odd number of teams so that only 8 of the 9 teams can be playing on any 1 day. That is whywe have no game this weekend. Also as was the case last year, we play every team once beofre we play any of them a second time.

As far as the maac goes , I would expect nothing less than "idoitic" from that league.

Didn't Siena play the same 2 sub 300 teams 4 games in a row last season, so it is not like the maac has learned anything from past schedules.

Coach McCaffery should be careful, the long arm of NERO might get him....even in the MAAC!

BTW, idiot columnist Norm Chad today calls out a familiar name, NJIT, for its lack of success at Division I. NJIT lost its season opener, 70-28, to Manhattan College of ... you know what conference.

(They've also lost to Rider, UVM, Maine, and Stony Brook and 15 other teams)

Ring alarm: D-I mania infects even scientists among us

BTW, idiot columnist Norm Chad today calls out a familiar name, NJIT, for its lack of success at Division I. NJIT lost its season opener, 70-28, to Manhattan College of ... you know what conference.

(They've also lost to Rider, UVM, Maine, and Stony Brook and 15 other teams)

Ring alarm: D-I mania infects even scientists among us

Funny article, regardless of one's opinions as to the views therein!

Yes, I was just thinking of this issue the other day. Remember when several posters over on the AE board called Coach Brown "whiny" because he decried the closeness of many conference games. Although Brown was punished by the commissioner, the AE fixed the problem, and ALL coaches are benefitting from the improved scheduling this year. At least you can't claim that this Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

Archived