UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNH vs. UAlbany, 7pm, 02.06.08

I could only find a pregame story here: UNH Pre-Game Notes

There might be something written by the Seacoast Newspaper (Online) (Portsmouth, NH) later this morning, but nothing yet: Seacoast Sports Page

Nothing from the Concord Monitor (not sure whether they even cover UNH) either: Sports Page

or from The New Hampshire (UNH paper): UNH Sports page

Of note (from the pre-game notes):

-The Wildcats are ranked within the top 100 teams in the country in a pair of categories: Their 8.8 3-pointers per game is good for 25th in the nation, while their free throw percentage of 71.6 is 84th best in the country. Junior guard Tyrece Gibbs ranks 59th with a 3-point field goal percentage of 40.6 and 74th with 2.7 treys per game.

*The game will be televised on Time Warner 3 Sports.

We looked great from the gitgo.....starting Ambrose has been a good move IMO by coach Brown. To often in the past we were having a rough time getting the offense going. In the last two we got off the block quickly. I'm real happy for him.........saw him running into the tunnel after the game and he looked generally happy.....hit the top of the door frame with both hands. The work he's putting in is obviously paying off, I can't really remember him being out of control or not playing the team game. Like early in the year.

There was a Brent sighting today.....shooters need to keep shooting to get their confidence going. We need him to snap out of his funk and it looks like he could brake out at any point.

I thought the defensive intensity was excellent from the opening tip. Great game, had allot of fun!

The Hartford game will be huge on Saturday. We are both sitting at 6-4.

The Hartford game will be huge on Saturday. We are both sitting at 6-4.

All the conference games are hugh now that we are in February. We are in a 3 way tie with Hartford and Bingo for 3rd and 1 game behind Vermont for 2nd. Win the next 2 and we will be no worse than a 3 way tie for second with the tie breaker over Vermont and the return game with Bingo still pending.

That first half was about as comfortable as I've seen Ambrose on the floor. When he and Martin are scoring it seems to take a lot of pressure off Lillis, Brent and Brian Connelly to score so much and at the same time open more opportunities for them.

I've remembered Christensen from UNH hurting us a lot in the past and I thought Connelly was a nice matchup against him and did a good job - he finished with no points and one rebound.

Nine different guys scored and ten had at least one rebound. Hopefully that trend continues.

Should be no suicides, UNH shot 33.9% for the game. Time for the practice jerseys to come back? Maybe the shorts after tonights game and the shirts if they win on Saturday.

Great game. I got to see it in person last night. The crowd was a bit smaller than I hoped. Still, it was a great game to watch in person. We never trailed and led big all night. Lillis had a great slam. Lots of energy out of the team. Just my opinion...

Great game. I got to see it in person last night. The crowd was a bit smaller than I hoped. Still, it was a great game to watch in person. We never trailed and led big all night. Lillis had a great slam. Lots of energy out of the team. Just my opinion...

Smallest crowd of the season with 1900+. Probably to be expected though, with the awful weather. Both the GA crowd and student crowd was down. Not surprised with the students, as they would've had to take the 10-15 min walk through the stuff from the various quads. I didn't even like walking through it from the SEFCU parking lot, lol.

Great win.

Archived