UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women BB win again

Danes women rout Maine again 69-54. Maine had 54 turnovers in our two games.

UVM beat Hartford tonight, and BUMA beat BUNY, so the two-way tie for second is now only one game behind the Hawks, and we have UVM and Hart for our last two home games.

Danes women rout Maine again 69-54. Maine had 54 turnovers in our two games.

UVM beat Hartford tonight, and BUMA beat BUNY, so the two-way tie for second is now only one game behind the Hawks, and we have UVM and Hart for our last two home games.

Five wins in a row, excellent job by the ladies!

Here are the days and times of the two remaining homes games; let's see if we can get a few more people out to cheer the Great Danes on!

This Saturday (the 16th) hosting Vermont at 2PM.

Wednesday the 27th hosting Hartford at 7PM.

It seemed as though our shooting was just way off today. I felt that we were more athletic, and I was very impressed with our ball handling and quickness. But UVM is big and they do rebound well.

I was particularly impressed with Kim Clements (#14, Freshman). In my relatively uninformed opinion, she's going to be something special for this program. I was very impressed with her court presence and abilities out there for the few minutes that she got (6). She simply looked very confident and quick on both her made baskets. This is a relatively young team. I think we can make some noise in the tournament, and we certainly won't be going anywhere next year.

In addition to the usual suspects, I also thought Tanika Thrower looked very impressive as well. A lot of bright spots for this team!

It seemed as though our shooting was just way off today. I felt that we were more athletic, and I was very impressed with our ball handling and quickness. But UVM is big and they do rebound well. - UA_MA_2000

You surely jest.

UVM had by far the most talented player on the floor #33

UVM constantly shot layups against us and beat us down the floor

What did our impressive ball handling and quickness do for us?

I thought we definitely played below par today

I also thought we were outplayed in every aspect of the game.

A good game to forget and move on from!!!

It seemed as though our shooting was just way off today. I felt that we were more athletic, and I was very impressed with our ball handling and quickness. But UVM is big and they do rebound well. - UA_MA_2000

You surely jest.

UVM had by far the most talented player on the floor #33

UVM constantly shot layups against us and beat us down the floor

What did our impressive ball handling and quickness do for us?

I thought we definitely played below par today

I also thought we were outplayed in every aspect of the game.

A good game to forget and move on from!!!

Although I tried to focus on the positive with my previous post, I have to agree with Patch's post 100% about the UVM game on Saturday.

-First, Patch is right about #33 for UVM! She was very very good, as she had a very good combination of athleticism, size, and skill. She also played all 40 minutes!

-Second, Patch is right about the breakdowns in our defense against UVM, leading to easy shots/layups. For example, I can think of at least two times in the second half where 1-2 UVM players got BEHIND our defense for a 2-0 fast break/layup! A team just can't allow that, and each time UVM got behind our defense, I didn't think it was because of something UVM did or created with their, e.g., speed.

-Third, I felt we earned many reasonable/makeable shots in this game with our ball handling, quickness, and general athleticism, but the shooting was horrible today. Not much more to it than that. :(

-And finally, I haven't seen many women's games, but I know darn well we can shoot better than we did today. Like Patch said, on to the next game!

Question: Were we playing a 3-2 zone in the first half for a bit? It might have been a 2-3 that turned into a temporary 3-2 during the set (when the weakside post defender -- opposite from the side of the court with the ball -- drifts up towards the three-point line)?

Archived