UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tournament field set

I feel for the 8 and 9 teams. They travel all the way to Binghamton--play late Friday and then noon Saturday. They should get at least the 2:30 game. They are young kids---give'em a break Nero -- oh yah--your fiddling while Rome burns.

I am not one of Nero's fans, but I think he is right in this instance. The 1 and the 2 seeds have to play the first game of their session. That way assuming they win, they have more rest than their opponent for Sunday's game. It may not mean a lot, but the 1 and the 2 earned that from their season long play. The 8 and the 9 have earned nothing.

If you are rewarding the 1 and 2 for season success, then why isn't the 2 playing in the afternoon. I'll answer my own question--Bing has the choice as the host. if you want to punish the 8, 9's then the 3,6's and 4,5's should have an equal penalty. I don't really care because UA just has to play hard and win!! I like our bracket and wish Bing all the luck in the world, they can bring the championship game to Albany.

If you are rewarding the 1 and 2 for season success, then why isn't the 2 playing in the afternoon. I'll answer my own question--Bing has the choice as the host. if you want to punish the 8, 9's then the 3,6's and 4,5's should have an equal penalty. I don't really care because UA just has to play hard and win!! I like our bracket and wish Bing all the luck in the world, they can bring the championship game to Albany.

2 isn't playing in the afternoon because they are not in the same bracket as the 1. In every conference the winner of the first 2 QF play in the first semi and the 3rd and 4th QF play in the second semi.

In just about every conference tournament, the QF in order are 1 vs. 8, 4 vs. 5, 2 vs. 7, the 3 vs. 6. Then assuming the higher seeds win, it would then be 1 vs. 4 followed by 2 vs. 3 in the semis and 1 vs. 2 in the final. The 1 always has the most rest before the next game.

Obviously since the AE has a week off before the final, the rest after the semis is insignificant.

I would LOVE to see Kevin Broadus have to come back to the CUE for the Championship game. That would be just too easy for the student section.

I rather Bingo be one and done so that thug has time to work on his "manners", but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have Bingo playing in the cue on 3/15

I gotta be honest, going into the tourney I don't mind playing anyone. What I mean by that is, I think we are once again peaking at the right time. Are we capable of laying an egg.....? sure, but bring 'em on. I feel as confident as I've felt all season with this team.

Hey all, who has gotten tickets for the Tournament? What section are UA fans sitting in? Should I call up and request a particular section or just let it fly with an Internet purchase?

I'd call in person. They might have the section set by today, but I called to order as late as this past Friday and the woman asked if I wanted to sit in the 'Albany section' (which was to be determined based on tournmanet seeding, as she said). They might have the section set today, but I'd definitely call just to make sure they assign you to the 'Albany section.'

Albany section is 101 (behind our bench for the Saturday game). Seats up to Row S are all sold. They said on the phone that they've been slammed all day and that the best way to get okay seats is to get an all-session pass. The individual session tickets are in not-so-good sections.

Phone number for the Events Center ticket office is: 607-777-6004 .

Interesting to see that UAlbany is the fans' pick, at this point, to win the Tournament. At America East's website, there is a poll where one can select the team that (s)he thinks will win the Tournament. After 347 votes, we lead with about 29% of the votes (UVM 25%, UMBC 21%). Looks like the UA fans have been doing their fair share of voting today! :)

*percentages are "rounded" up/down to the nearest whole number.

Archived