UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Company chosen for stadium design

UAalum72

UA release

Company has designed renovations of Sanford Stadium, Cotton Bowl, and U Texas Memorial Stadium. Study to take four to six months

Between the announcement of a somewhat firm figure of financing in the NYS budget and the just-announced hiring of a company to design it, this stadium is beginning to sound more and more like reality.

I doubt McElroy would agree to talk before the press about the prospect of funding and the design plans if this were not an almost done deal.

Finally, we may be emerging from the long, dark tunnel days with a firm foundation for a new field.

STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK

(APPROPRIATED TO THE STATE UNIVERSITY CONSTRUCTION FUND)

CAPITAL PROJECTS 2008-09

sity and approved by the director of the

budget (28F10803) ........................ 550,000,000

Project Schedule

PROJECT AMOUNT

----------------------------------------------------------

(thousands of dollars)

Albany

Campus-wide critical maintenance projects

such as Relocation of the Data Center .. 33,755

This is what I'm seeing? What figures in the budget bill is everyone else seeing? Am I looking at the wrong figures?

You are looking at the old version of the budget. Does not include the stadium appropriation.

UA release

Company has designed renovations of Sanford Stadium, Cotton Bowl, and U Texas Memorial Stadium. Study to take four to six months

Between the announcement of a somewhat firm figure of financing in the NYS budget and the just-announced hiring of a company to design it, this stadium is beginning to sound more and more like reality.

I doubt McElroy would agree to talk before the press about the prospect of funding and the design plans if this were not an almost done deal.

Finally, we may be emerging from the long, dark tunnel days with a firm foundation for a new field.

Agreed. No way he come out with this. These guys have probably been working behind the scenes until now.

This is great news IMO.

Outside of a disease causing death, a family member passing away, or not being able to walk, I don't think a person can ever have a worse week than I have endured. Where to begin, I don't even know. Danefan-- what I told you is just a quarter of the crap that has gone bad this week.

However, this little sliver of stadium hope has at least given me something else to think about. It really sounds close...I mean really close. Just basic contract (AND I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS DEAL) knowledge tells me that Albany has "engaged" this firm and is on the hook for some dough.

I am sure they wouldn't do this if it weren't pretty solid. Then again, the engagement may be contingent on the funding. Who knows.

Would this mean that ground breaking would not happen until the completion of the study, 4-6 months from it's start?

I would assume any construction and its completion wouldn't happen by the Fall 2010 mark, correct?

I also don't think LM would come out and release a statement unless things were just about confirmed, if not absolutely confirmed at this point.

if I had to guess, i would say groundbreaking would take place in the Spring of 2009 and it be ready by Fall 2010. 4-6 months put this ending by August/September, then add the fact the university may want to get more private funds in to go with whatever design etc...give it a few months for that and add the cold winter months, I can see ground breaking around April of next year. Just an opinion.

Once the study is done I think the bulldozers will move quickly. It will be huge to get some earth moved during next year's recruting season. That's real tangible progress to sell a recruit. It's no longer on paper but real. That will be huge.

Archived