UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men's Basketball Golf Outing

I am hearing it will cost about $200. That's a bit steep for one day even if it supports the program.

Who else has golf tourneys?

Mens lacrosse is a little over $100, right? And the general athletics tourney is $225, yes?

Football is $100.

Still spots available - July 19th. Contact Juan Torres (Director of Football Operations).

Football and Lax are on the cheap end, IMHO. I have never played in a Charity Tournament (essentially, that's what these are) for under 175...and it is generally in the 200-250 range.

Heck, course fees in Boston are in the 100 range for so-so courses.

Football and Lax are on the cheap end, IMHO. I have never played in a Charity Tournament (essentially, that's what these are) for under 175...and it is generally in the 200-250 range.

Heck, course fees in Boston are in the 100 range for so-so courses.

Agreed. Football could easily take $150, but I think they are trying to create an alumni culture as opposed to using it as a fundraiser per se. Get alumni involved with the hope they will donate down the road.

The thing with golf tourneys is that you make the money from sponsorships of tee boxes and greens. The fee per person should cover the cost the course or club charges. The sponsorship money is where you make the profit. $100 more than covers the cost at Stadium Club in Schenectady, which is $45 or $50 to play normally. The reason they play it there is because they are the only place that will give a shotgun start on a Saturday morning in prime season.

And yes, I jump at $100 rounds. The discounted rate for residents at the Bergen County courses is $96. :angry:

I used to play everyday at Capital Hills for $12.

• 3 weeks later...

WB blog:

06.30.08:

I was pleased to hear that we won the America East Conference academic title for men’s basketball this year. This is the 2nd season in a row. I am very proud of the student-athletes in our program. They are getting it done on the court and in the class room.

Our new guy’s have adjusted quickly. They are all doing well in the class room and working hard in the weight room. Our strength and conditioning coach Justin Goulet has done a great job challenging our team on a daily basis. I am all about results and Justin is getting results. Our guy’s overall strength is increasing and we are seeing a decrease in overall body fat. This team will have the potential to play faster offensively and be more aggressive defensively. I have been impressed with the overall mentality of the group. They work very hard and they just want to get better.

I was in Orlando last week for a few days attending the America East Conference coaches and athletic directors meetings. It was a productive few days.

We are getting ready for the busy July recruiting period. As of now we will have three scholarships available for the 2009 recruiting class. The staff is doing a great job of recruiting student-athletes that fit the university profile. We will continue to work hard and not take short cuts on the recruiting trail. We are going to recruit QUALITY people who want to be successful on the court and in the class room. We have great kids in our program and that is never going to change!

We are having our first annual Men’s Basketball “SLAM DUNK” Golf Classic at Colonie Country Club on Monday September 8th. I am confident that the event will sell out (144 golfers, 36 foursomes).

Link to updated pamphlet: http://www.coachwillbrown.com/images/UABB.pdf

Archived