UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men's Basketball Golf Outing

Coach Will Brown is hopeful you can join him for the 1st Annual UAlbany Slam Dunk Golf Classic to benefit the Men’s Basketball Program

Monday, September 8, 2008

From the e-mail I am sure many of you received. I will dust off the old mashie niblick and give this one a try. Anybody that wants to form a foursome let me know. I used to be about a bogey golfer but now am considerably worse....

Just "picked" the game up at my ripe old age. Been going to the driving range but the results are so horrific I fear I might kill someone soon as at times the slice goes 90degrees. I should probably be in a cage.

I don't think they want me....for what ever it is I "play" it certainly is not called golf.

Coach Will Brown is hopeful you can join him for the 1st Annual UAlbany Slam Dunk Golf Classic to benefit the Men’s Basketball Program

From the e-mail I am sure many of you received. I will dust off the old mashie niblick and give this one a try. Anybody that wants to form a foursome let me know. I used to be about a bogey golfer but now am considerably worse....

Is this open to anyone or only people who got the email? Any info on where this is and how much it will cost?

It's at Colonie Country Club. I haven't heard a price. The e-mail says:

Coach Will Brown

is hopeful you can join him for the

1st Annual

UAlbany Slam Dunk Golf Classic

to benefit the

Men’s Basketball Program

SAVE THE DATE!

For more information please contact

Ken Dagostino

(518) 442-3036

kdagostino@uamail.albany.edu

or log onto

www.ualbanysports.com

I gotta tell you...I am really pissed off I didnt get an e-mail about this.

Quite frankly, I knew about it for awhile...but the fact that I did not get an e-mail means there is a major disconnect with our Athletic Dept. How on earth can a season ticket holder...a person who shows up as much as possible from 200 miles away...and is (and fingers crossed for tomorrow will soon be again) a donor to the Athetic Dept., NOT GET AN E-MAIL.

Again, while I knew about it...think about those who also did not get e-mails. If I didnt get one...there will be others who fell through the cracks.

I shake my head.

I gotta tell you...I am really pissed off I didnt get an e-mail about this.

Quite frankly, I knew about it for awhile...but the fact that I did not get an e-mail means there is a major disconnect with our Athletic Dept. How on earth can a season ticket holder...a person who shows up as much as possible from 200 miles away...and is (and fingers crossed for tomorrow will soon be again) a donor to the Athetic Dept., NOT GET AN E-MAIL.

Again, while I knew about it...think about those who also did not get e-mails. If I didnt get one...there will be others who fell through the cracks.

I shake my head.

It went out through the Varsity Club email list, not the Athletic Dept.....not sure who is the main sponsor of the event.

Well...then...that is even dumber.

There are some who donate straight to the ADEPT and therefore don't double up and go to the Varsity Club. Additionally, there are season tix holders who are not members of the Varsity Club.

Bottom line...there needs to be more proactive thinking, whether it be the Varsity Club, the Athletic Dept., the Ticket Dept, or the the Basketball Ops people. To limit the initial e-mail is silly.

I donate the University each year and designate that my dollars go to the men's basketball team.

Despite the donations and being among the best long-distance fans, I received no email inviting me to play golf. It hurts, but being in therapy for so many other things already - I'll just open up a new discussion area next week.

But I will be in Buffalo for the Bills-Seattle opening day game on Sept 7. Coming to Albany might have even been an option.

I'm also a donor etc. and did not get an e-mail or any other communication regarding this event. It seems that there are multiple entities managing separate e-mail lists. The athletic dept. needs to hire a marketing/community relations person and then funnel ANY AND ALL communications related to athletics through that position. This is nothing more then different dept/entities managing their own e-mail lists.

I'm a donor, season ticket holder, and varsity club member and got the email. But why is there no info about the outing in the email and where on the athletic webpage is it. All I can find is info from 2007 golf outing. I reallly wish we had better communication between fans/alumni and UA departments. That said, I love this idea and hope there are more instances of this type of thing in the future. I'm in for sure!

I'm a donor, season ticket holder, and varsity club member and got the email. But why is there no info about the outing in the email and where on the athletic webpage is it.

Check the pdf file attached to the email. It has a little more info than what is listed in the email, but it still doesn't say where on the website to find the info.

It does say event details and registration to follow, more of a save the date flyer, than probably the real one that will come out when they have set details.

I called Ken a couple of times this morning to get more specifics, but I only reached his voicemail.

The Monday at 12:30PM tee time is a little disconcerting (I am afterall a dedicated employee), but assuming the cost is $150 or under I might already have three of my foursome locked in.

Anybody want to jump into our tentative group?.....

Archived