UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Turn out the lights

Clickclack

they still ranked us as one of the most ugly campuses in the country (believe #2)...also had wonderful things to say about staff and bureaucracy on campus.

Did they rank us or did we rank us? I believe this is based on student responses.

UA was never a party school. Sure, people drank a lot but that's the extent of it. Florida was and is genuinely a party school. That isn't to say their bad academically. One has nothing to do with the other. Last year UF ranked around 40 in the nation, better than most universities, public or private. That's the same list as Harvard, UCLA, and Bingo at 80 something. Asking the students is the dumbest and least scientific way to measure something. Idiots in the press extrapolating something from "party school" is even worse.

UA has made great strides on aesthetics of the campus. We'll see if students are making statements because of fact or because they want to see their school listed in a magazine, regardless of what column it's in or what damage it may do.

UA is being a lot more selective in our admissions process. We were allowing in 60+% of applicants. This year it is suppose to be down to 40+%. Let's hope they cut out the malcontents.

they still ranked us as one of the most ugly campuses in the country (believe #2)...also had wonderful things to say about staff and bureaucracy on campus.

I've always liked the look of our campus. I guess I'm in the minority, but that's not always a bad thing.

Note the freshman GPAs are higher for Albany than Buffalo's in the Princeton Review. No easy report for Stony Brook or Bing - but we were a few ticks higher than UB, and I can't imagine Stony Brook is that different.

Think US News will bump the school up a tier, or will we continue to suffer.

FWIW it's a bit ridiculous how low the SUNYs score relative to their peer groups for undergrad education in US News - where it seems UC-nonsense (not UCLA or Berkeley) bubbles to the top, while SUNY-somethingdecent gets slammed.

Note the freshman GPAs are higher for Albany than Buffalo's in the Princeton Review. No easy report for Stony Brook or Bing - but we were a few ticks higher than UB, and I can't imagine Stony Brook is that different.

Think US News will bump the school up a tier, or will we continue to suffer.

FWIW it's a bit ridiculous how low the SUNYs score relative to their peer groups for undergrad education in US News - where it seems UC-nonsense (not UCLA or Berkeley) bubbles to the top, while SUNY-somethingdecent gets slammed.

I was watching a news story on the college rankings recently (Dan Rather Reports on HD Net)- the whole process is a joke. A huge portion of the rankings are based on peer assessments. They send a survey out to college presidents, provosts, and other leaders and ask them to rank over 300 institutions. If Dr Joe Schmoe at Shreveport College never heard of UA, well guess what...he ranks us low. Or worse, he saw we were ranked a top 10 party school and gives us a low score. It's bogus. I think most of the Cali Schools good rep scores ride on the reputation of UCLA and Berkley.

Archived