UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iowa recruit?

Anybody see Ch-13 news last night? Half asleep I thought I heard Wyland say Albany had its first commit, a 6-10 player from Iowa named Pock? The only guy I found doing a quick search was Aaron Pogue, who's 6-9 and played JC ball in Indiana.

Anybody see Ch-13 news last night? Half asleep I thought I heard Wyland say Albany had its first commit, a 6-10 player from Iowa named Pock? The only guy I found doing a quick search was Aaron Pogue, who's 6-9 and played JC ball in Indiana.

I was half asleep as well but did hear the same...6-10 C from Iowa, played for the Martin Brother's AAU. Could this be Zach Bohannon? He's listed as a 6-7 wing on the Martin Brother's website and as a 6-7 F on the Leaster's prospect list.

Also found this this moring about us contacting Will Harris 6-6 225 F who will be transferring from Virginia

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/uvabasketball/wb/172118

Question regarding the signing:

Aren't May and November the only times a recruit can sign? Does this mean he was signed in May but word didn't get out?

I thought he just gave a verbal and not yet signed. If he signed, can't the coach talk about him without an NCAA violation being committed? Also, have we ever gotten a commitment this early from anyone?

Question regarding the signing:

Aren't May and November the only times a recruit can sign? Does this mean he was signed in May but word didn't get out?

I thought he just gave a verbal and not yet signed. If he signed, can't the coach talk about him without an NCAA violation being committed? Also, have we ever gotten a commitment this early from anyone?

Has to be a verbal. I wasn't thinking.

I had guessed when I heard about him that he would replace Giff as he'd be coming in the year Giff left. Cornell Basketball Blog is saying Puk is a member of the 2009 class and is planning on prepping for a year at a New England Prep School to join us in 2010. They're saying he had interest from Cornell, Northern Iowa, Utah State, Princeton, and Denver.

The Will Harris thing is interesting too. He was a top 100 recruit coming out of high school. Sounds like a year off would do him good healthwise.

I had guessed when I heard about him that he would replace Giff as he'd be coming in the year Giff left. Cornell Basketball Blog is saying Puk is a member of the 2009 class and is planning on prepping for a year at a New England Prep School to join us in 2010. They're saying he had interest from Cornell, Northern Iowa, Utah State, Princeton, and Denver.

The Will Harris thing is interesting too. He was a top 100 recruit coming out of high school. Sounds like a year off would do him good healthwise.

Would Mr. Harris have two or three years of eligibility? As far as Mr. Puk, can't find a thing on him but he must have some stand out ability, perhaps still needs a ton of development but I don't know of anyone that gave a verbal this early. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how he develops.

Archived