UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Starting Lineup Vs. Nova...

Now, he should apply it ALL YEAR ROUND.

Very much agreed that it would be nice if it wasn't seasonal, but his stories have been flying off the computer lately and they are devoid of any pessimistic slants, and for that I am very pleased. It is difficult to get pre-season updates unless you have an "in" and Mark is doing a great job with it lately.

Now if I could just see how Logan is feeling...

I have to head on over to that GREEN cesspool now to see what you wrote!

That site never works well from work but I just put a good-natured ribbing to you on it. Mmmmm....pretzels.

And what is up with Singelais? He has been awesome lately.

I was going to introduce myself to him at the scrimmage to question his tactics but now I want to pay him some praise.

Yeh he's really picked it up....about time! If were gonna rib him for his lack of coverage then we should certainly give him his props now that he's actually covering the team.

I love reading the TU Blog.

How about this.....

This line up could be a disaster on Friday night. Gifford and Covington are less than servicable big men. Covington is half way decent, but Gifford has shown little progress in the past few years. He’s big, and that’s about it. Giff is unproductive on the offense end and that hurts UA when he is on the floor unless a miracle happend and he’s turned it around this summer.

The starting line up should be

Raffa-(PG) Barraza/Hastings/Ambrose (SG), Harris (SF) Connelly (PF) Lindfors/Covington ©

Comment by Jeff M — November 13th, 2008 @ 3:30 pm

I wonder if Jeff has seen Raffa, Barraza, Harris or Lindfors play?

I wonder if he would know Billy Allen or Mike Johnson if he bumped into them on the street?

Yet he can become the expert at picking lineups and condemning players.

I remember a while ago Brown making a statement that Gifford would be a very solid player by his Jr. year, well this is his Jr. season. Looking back at his freshman year in our most important game of the year (AE Championship at UVM) Gifford was on the floor for the final sequence - that speaks volumes about how Coach thinks about him.

Lets watch this group a few games before assuming who should play and who shouldn't.

Now if I could just see how Logan is feeling...

Replying to myself, but now the blog has a Logan update:

UAlbany’s Aronhalt to practice TuesdayNovember 13, 2008 at 7:17 pm by Mark Singelais, Staff writer

UAlbany coach Will Brown said freshman forward-guard Logan Aronhalt will begin practicing on Tuesday after missing all of the preseason with a broken right foot.

Aronhalt, the Division I Player of the Year in Ohio last season, had surgery in early October to place a screw in a Jones fracture in the foot.

Brown said Aronhalt had an X-ray on Wednesday that showed positive results.

“It looks good,” Brown said. “They said he could start practicing on Tuesday as long as his conditioning holds up. And (trainer) Jay Geiger did some stuff with him yesterday, did some stuff with him today, so we’re hoping Tuesday he can try to get through a practice.”

Brown said Aronhalt took part in UAlbany’s walk-through this afternoon before the team left for Villanova.

I wonder if he would know Billy Allen or Mike Johnson if he bumped into them on the street?

Please Patch, after the Bing players misadventure in Walmart, don't mention any of our players bumping into people on the street!!!

It's going to be a fun season and what better way to start that with a prank starting lineup to get people fired up? As Coach Brown mentioned at the meet and greet there are no expectations from the outside for this team this year. Everyone (well, some people anyway) expect us to be in the bottom of the league this year. No pressure, lots of talent, experienced coaching staff...I can't wait.

Check the T-U blog....

"Brown said today that Connelly (power forward) and junior Will Harris (small forward) are the only certain starters for the Villanova game."

Incase anyone missed haggy's post above....

That UAlbany starting lineup? Forget it, says Brown

November 13, 2008 at 5:16 pm by Mark Singelais, Staff writer

I asked UAlbany head coach Will Brown today just how probable that “probable” starting lineup was that’s listed on the game notes for Friday’s contest at Villanova.

You know, the surprising quintet of Mike Johnson at point guard, Billy Allen at shooting guard, Brian Connelly at small forward, Jimmie Covington at power forward and Brett Gifford at center.

Brown responded that the projected lineup was picked by sports information director Brian DePasquale and that there’s “no way” that five will open the game against the Wildcats.

“I told (DePasquale) to just pick them,” Brown said. “I didn’t give him that lineup. There’s no way that will be the starting lineup in the game. When he told me who he picked, I was like, (DePasquale) wouldn’t be a good fantasy GM.”

For his part, DePasquale insisted that projected lineup came straight from Brown.

Hey, for those of you in a panic over the previous lineup, don’t kill the messenger. I just work here.

Brown said today that Connelly (power forward) and junior Will Harris (small forward) are the only certain starters for the Villanova game.

At the other three positions, he’s deciding between Johnson or Anthony Raffa at point guard, Jerel Hastings or Tim Ambrose at shooting guard and either Gifford or Covington at center.

“I’ve got three spots that I basically can flip a coin with,” Brown said. “I think it’s safe to say Harris and Connelly will start … It’s like I told the team this afternoon, I’m not really concerned with who starts. There’s a good chance I won’t put the five most talented on the floor to start. My thing is, I’ve got to look at this, like, OK, if I bring this guy off the bench, what does he bring to the table for us. Do I want to bring defense off the bench, do I want to bring scoring off the bench, do I want to bring experience off the bench? Do I think this guy can handle coming off the bench better than this guy?”

One part of the game notes is accurate: I’m pretty sure the game is still at Villanova.

Check the T-U blog....

"Brown said today that Connelly (power forward) and junior Will Harris (small forward) are the only certain starters for the Villanova game."

Incase anyone missed haggy's post above....

That UAlbany starting lineup? Forget it, says Brown

November 13, 2008 at 5:16 pm by Mark Singelais, Staff writer

I asked UAlbany head coach Will Brown today just how probable that “probable” starting lineup was that’s listed on the game notes for Friday’s contest at Villanova. . .

One part of the game notes is accurate: I’m pretty sure the game is still at Villanova.

Playing around with the starting five the day before the season begins. The first lineup really got some people riled up today on the TU blog.

Dane Pound, is this joke part of the season's fun to which you were referring?

Archived