UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Starting Lineup Vs. Nova...

As per the TU blog....

PG- Mike Johnson

SG- Billy Allen

SF -Brian Connelly

PF- Jimmy Cov

C- Giff

I am absolutely shocked by this lineup, but Coach knows best, so I will not doubt him one bit. Must say it's a little surprising though not to see Harris in there. A few highlights from the article...

"As for Harris, Brown said, “I didn’t bring him here to sit,” a few days ago. But his coming off the bench isn’t that surprising. He’s still not in top shape, and Brown said during media day he wanted to see a better effort from Harris in practice.

“When he decides to be a really good practice player, he’ll be a really good player,” Brown said. “Right now, his conditioning needs to improve, but he’s given solid effort in practice. He needs to give me great effort in practice … Anybody that’s played for me can tell you the same thing: If you don’t practice, I’m not going to play you. I don’t care who it is. I told Will if he doesn’t start on Friday, that’s because he didn’t earn it in practice.”

“I really don’t know how much of that (up-tempo) style you’re going to see on Friday and Monday, to be honest with you,” Brown said. “Villanova’s so long and athletic and so good on the offensive glass, I’ve told guys that we have to secure the ball. And I’d rather have five guys trying to secure the ball than five guys anxious to run.”

… Anybody that’s played for me can tell you the same thing: If you don’t practice, I’m not going to play you. I don’t care who it is. I told Will if he doesn’t start on Friday, that’s because he didn’t earn it in practice.”

I don't like the sound of that. Sometimes when you're in the doghouse things never completely get resolved.

The last sentence is what give me pause. He might be trying to light a fire under Will.

The more I think about it, the less this starting lineup makes sense. Neither Jimmy nor Brett are to be expected to produce huge points although they should be a good rebounding tandem, to me that lineup looks a little offensively challenged. I wouldn't be surprised if Will starts at the 3 and Conelly moves back to the 4 with Brett at the 5 before Friday. I just can't see this starting 5....

hagg, I know I took you up on your bet on the AE board but after sleeping on it, I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking. I'll still buy you that pretzel if you want :D

hagg, I know I took you up on your bet on the AE board but after sleeping on it, I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking. I'll still buy you that pretzel if you want :D

I hadn't even seen that you took me up on the bet (I was busy responding to D96.)

Will doesn't have much more time to impress Coach Brown, but I needed to speculate on something....

Yes. That board has been BEYOND reasonability for the past year with the members of green teams. Air Holland and Mr. X, however, are making solid runs at getting some technicolor in there.

One thing you can say about Maine and Hartford fans-- those guys are just the most reasonabe posters out there for the most part.

My favorite are the UNH fans who are coming out of the woodwork strong and fast. I can understand their enthusiasm because we know how it feels to slowly build...and I think they are going to be good based on experience this year...but they are vastly overrating the core of that team.

Yes. That board has been BEYOND reasonability for the past year with the members of green teams. Air Holland and Mr. X, however, are making solid runs at getting some technicolor in there.

One thing you can say about Maine and Hartford fans-- those guys are just the most reasonabe posters out there for the most part.

My favorite are the UNH fans who are coming out of the woodwork strong and fast. I can understand their enthusiasm because we know how it feels to slowly build...and I think they are going to be good based on experience this year...but they are vastly overrating the core of that team.

Great post....drunk and a couple of other posters from the green team are running amock on that board. Isbal is the most sensible and respected poster on that board....otherwise I agree with about everything said.

Just got done reading some comments on the TU Blog about the projected starting lineup and what I realized is that we've come a long way baby!!!!!!!

In the last three years 2 NCAA appearances and a tie for 2nd last year for the regular season and now the comments from a few are chastising Coach and how he handles the team just a short 5 years ago we had 5 wins and almost everyone was positive.

It's good and healthy but it sure is funny to me how many resident experts who aren't with the team everyday know how to handle the individuals on the team.

Let the season begin!!!!!

If you want some more views here are a couple of previews from the Villanova side about the game:

Villanova by the numbers - Albany Preview

I bleed blue and white - Nova Albany

I think it's time we changed the university's name (again) to University of Albany, as well as the conference to American East (which I think sounds better anyway).

Just got done reading some comments on the TU Blog about the projected starting lineup and what I realized is that we've come a long way baby!!!!!!!

In the last three years 2 NCAA appearances and a tie for 2nd last year for the regular season and now the comments from a few are chastising Coach and how he handles the team just a short 5 years ago we had 5 wins and almost everyone was positive.

It's good and healthy but it sure is funny to me how many resident experts who aren't with the team everyday know how to handle the individuals on the team.

Let the season begin!!!!!

I certainly don't pretend to be a "resident expert" or "know how to handle the individuals on the team", but as a fan of this team if this lineup as a whole seed significant time in this game or during the season, I will be very disappointed. Nothing against any of these guys individually, but that is a big, slow, offensively challenged squad. Not quite the bill of goods we were sold with the "up tempo" talk before the season started.

I have to head on over to that GREEN cesspool now to see what you wrote!

That site never works well from work but I just put a good-natured ribbing to you on it. Mmmmm....pretzels.

And what is up with Singelais? He has been awesome lately.

I was going to introduce myself to him at the scrimmage to question his tactics but now I want to pay him some praise.

Archived