UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ DePaul

After losing a semi competitive game to a very good Villanova team we continue on to DePaul (Illinois), yet another Big East opponent. DePaul is no ‘Nova but they are still a Big East team and thus should be respected as such. They were picked 15th out of 16 teams in the Big East and are coming off of a very poor season by Big East standards posting a losing record (11-19) and an RPI of 158.

Dar Tucker is the guy we need to keep in check….he is a 6’4 210lb forward. He is a good player but if we can contain him or force him to give up the ball we will force the rest of the team to shoot. In their lone exhibition game against Lewis (DII school) the rest of the team shot 38%.

We need to keep our TO’s down in this one and play in your face D. They were a terrible defensive team last season ranked 289th in the country and even worse than that when it comes to 3 point defense.

I really think that if we can limit the TO’s and push the ball, not allowing them to setup their defense, we’ll have a chance to win the game or at least make this BE team really sweat.

Don't forget to check channelsurfing.net, they seem to have allot of college basketball games.

Here is a DePaul site that has a preview of the game and also a link to the message board.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if Depaul will look as jittery tonight as we did in our first twenty minutes on Friday. They have played an exhibition game (as had Nova) and I wonder if that helps.

I'm not sure we'll play a team this big again this year. They have four centers on their roster - 6'10, 6'10,6'11 and 7"2. Hopefully the bigger they are the harder they'll fall.

Archived