UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ Bryant University

WOOHOO my 1st post on here,

U A will win handily tonight getting off the schnide. Bryant couldn't beat St. Rose they won't be able to beat UA tonight. But U Albany needs to cut down the turnovers and start putting the ball in the basket. 60 points a night isn't going to get it done, the Danes need to score upper 70's , 80's night in and night out to win. Harris needs to show something this game to, at least a 20 point performance.

thanks for the heads up on this site bosiydid..(Jeff M from the TU)

Yeh....welcome DoggyStyle!

It just looked like the effort and intensity wasn't there the last 10 minutes. We were just cruising along up 18-20 and then kind of started getting sloppy and stuff. I was never worried about the outcome of the game but it would have been nice a more crisp effort but a win is a win.

Good seeing the Albany athletic staff, members of the America East, and various members of the board...and of course the Brown's!

Nice game for Ambrose and it will boost his confidence. We were absolutely just flat out tired and you could see it in their legs and free throws. The refs stunk the joint up and, ironically, the one ref who had experience (i later found out) was the one who I was railing on and he actually decided to have a conversation with me when I told him RISD and DIII games were up the road.

NU Hoop Fan would have been proud of that exchange.

Seeing the athleticsm of these guys in person was a sight for sore eyes. As tired as they were, they were still running more than any of our old teams. Poor Mike Johnson got beat up a few times...and Raffa decided he really didnt like the announcers as he flew over those tables not once, but twice...taking a computer and monitor with him the second time. Connelly is still in his funk...and we really need his leadership. Barazza is just lights out. He can shoot from anywhere. If McRae can be more consistent...the kid has unlimited talent to tap into and could be an absolute nightmare to guard in the AE.

I am giving Gifford his own space. The kid got absolutely HOSED by the refs. 3 of the five fouls were just poor calls...and 2 of them were outright ridiculous. That being said, his footwork has improved greatly, his strength has gone up, he can run the floor so much better, and he flat out can position himself for rebounds. He finished with 6...again. I think he is averaging 6.5 this year. That is fantastic. You can see the confidence in him...heck after the game you could hear it in his voice. Brett wont ever be the second-coming...but the kid is going to do more in the middle than most expect this year...and if he continues at this pace he could have a nice Senior year.

All in all it was a W...and it was a game we could have won by 30...and should have won by 20. Give Bryant credit...those kids played real hard.

There was talk on the radio about Raffa possibly having a concussion. He was quoted in the newspaper stories and there was no mention of it so hopefully he is OK.

Good point about Connelly. We probably don't need him to score as much as I thought we would but he hasn't really seemed comfortable with this group of players yet.

A couple of post-game stories:

Bryant's cagers come up short - ProJoDanes eke out win - TU

Wait "eke out win?"

There was talk on the radio about Raffa possibly having a concussion. He was quoted in the newspaper stories and there was no mention of it so hopefully he is OK.

Good point about Connelly. We probably don't need him to score as much as I thought we would but he hasn't really seemed comfortable with this group of players yet.

A couple of post-game stories:

Bryant's cagers come up short - ProJoDanes eke out win - TU

Wait "eke out win?"

Yeh...I raised an eye brow on that one to. We were up by 20+ and the game was never really in doubt, I don't think it got lower then 9 at any point in the second half. I guess "eke" is subjective.

Mark...cant expect a complete turnaround with that guy.

As for a Raffa concussion...could be, but I dont think so. After he came out, he was jibber-jabbing (I like to talk....but man...this kid can talk anyone up) with the training staff during the time out...and laughing.

After the game when I was hanging around, he seemed fine...little tired...but fine.

BTW...special shout out to a former DANE PLAYER. I completely forgot his name, which as Coach's dad will attest to was my second "senior-cit" moment of the night, but this fine gentleman played for DOC SAUERS...

...on the 1955 team. GREAT TO SEE HIM...and hopefully we see him again. I believe he is local to Rhode Island. It was really great to talk hoops with both he and Coach's dad after the game; three seperate generations of basketball players/coaches chatting hoops spanning from the early 50's to 2008.

That is a simple treat. We all agreed that Louie Carnasecca and Rollie Massimino were special ones!

DP, I don't know the extent of the injury. All I can add is he had an ice pack on the back of his head / neck area towards the end of the game. I am assuming he is OK because if there was something negative to report the TU would already have included it in the article or blog. Postive news the TU would skip over it. :rolleyes:

The reporters don't write the headlines so I wasn't hanging that on anyone. I just thought it was funny.

Looking at the collective stats from the first three games and this is looking more like the team I though Coach Brown wanted to put together when he got here. 10 different players averaging 10 minutes or more and Aronhalt isn't even part of the puzzle yet. Four different leading scorers and three different leading rebounders - I wonder what our scouting report must be like.

Some fuzzy but familar faces in the stands in this ProJo slideshow from the game last night.

Archived