UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ Bryant University

The road warriors continue on to Bryant University (Rhode Island) for our first ever showdown with the Bulldogs. Bryant is in the midst of transitioning to D1 hoops, in fact they are so new to the D1 world that BlueRibbon didn’t even have a write-up for them.

The transition to D1 can be brutal, look at how NJIT is struggling…..I heard (on the radio driving in) that they lost their 35th straight game and who can forget how painful at times our own transition was. Bryant hasn’t played a game yet so it’s difficult to scout them.

This is a game we should expect to win. We are an established team with two games under our belt. Bryant will be playing their first game of the season, not to mention will be going up against a legitimate D1 team in a game that counts. I mean no disrespect towards Bryant but we should win this one comfortably. The only thing that gives me pause is a letdown after the two (competitive) BE games, plus this is a quick turnaround from a two game road trip. But nevertheless, I expect us to notch our first W of the season. I’d love to see the TO’s come down a bit and I suspect they might since I doubt Bryant will be able to put on BE type pressure on the ball.

I couldn’t find a message board for them

Also, RPI Forecast gives us a probability of 95% that we win the game and has the spread at 19.3. This information is probably useless since Bryant has yet to play a game but it’s out there.

As per TU...some interesting quotes from Coach Brown...

“I might just roll with the same group,” Brown said. “I’m not really concerned with who starts and who finishes. Obviously, (point guard) Mike Johnson got a ton of minutes coming off the bench. Mike’s a little more mature than Anthony (Raffa) from the standpoint that I think Mike would be a little more comfortable coming off the bench than say Anthony would. I’m not anxious to make any quick decisions or what I perceive as potentially bad decisions.”

Brown said he also didn’t want to bench sophomore shooting guard Tim Ambrose too quickly just because Ambrose had a poor effort (no points in nine minutes) against DePaul.

“I don’t want to yank him,” Brown said. “I need to let him play a little bit.”

Good to see Coach willing to stick it out with Timmy for now

Looking at the schedule coming up and with our solid efforts against 2 Big East teams (we didn't get blown out

like Hartford at Uconn) we have a solid shot at winning the next 5 games (Bryant, CCSU, Columbia, Penn, Bryant)

going into the Siena game. We will definitely know what kind of team we have after these 5 games. Still could

be some growing pains but it would be nice to be 5-2 going into the Siena game or 4-3 at worst.

P.S. watching St Johns/ Boston College on ESPN2 and there is Joe Trapani playing for BC after sitting out last year.

has 4 points so far in 1st half.

I was thinking about that this afternoon. Two of my best friends go to BC and have been raving about him so far. He's averaging 16.5 on 53% from the field through two games...imagine how Vermont would be looking this season if they still had him!?

I also agree that there's no reason why we don't win the next 5 heading into the Siena game

I'm with Patch. Let's get the first...and worry about the rest as they come.

I will be there tonight...however...I made a faux pas: I just looked down and realized I am wearing maroon pants. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....not happy to be wearing Bryant's colors.

So who is going to this...I think we need some good support...it will be sold out and loud in that 2700 seat gym.

Dane,

Mark in his latest blog indicated that the game will NOT be a sellout. Bryant's Sports Information guy expects a decent crowd and not a sellout.

Also O'Shea thinks UA is top 2 or 3 in the AEast and he says he is very familiar with the conference, for what that's worth.

More stuff in the latest TU blog. I gotta give Mark props....he's REALLY picked up his reporting.

So who is going to this...I think we need some good support...it will be sold out and loud in that 2700 seat gym.

Dane,

Mark in his latest blog indicated that the game will NOT be a sellout. Bryant's Sports Information guy expects a decent crowd and not a sellout.

Also O'Shea thinks UA is top 2 or 3 in the AEast and he says he is very familiar with the conference, for what that's worth.

More stuff in the latest TU blog. I gotta give Mark props....he's REALLY picked up his reporting.

The SID could be playing it down. This is the FIRST DI GAME EVER FOR BRYANT...a WED NIGHT....and this team averages 3500 for football. I would be shocked for the place to be short of a sellout...but maybe I am wrong.

Archived