UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brother got me NCAA Basketball 09

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to create Will Harris on my PS2 system, but it said the teams roster was full. So i went o cut someone, Arnholt in this case since he isn't playing this year, and it wouldn't let me cut him...how did you get it to work for you?

What systemm are you using?

I tried to create Will Harris on my PS2 system, but it said the teams roster was full. So i went o cut someone, Arnholt in this case since he isn't playing this year, and it wouldn't let me cut him...how did you get it to work for you?

I'm using the XBox 360 on a Samsung 46" 1080p (60 refresh rate) television, although I'm using a digital handheld camera to take the pictures, so the images are a bit blury due to my unsteady hands. The actual games looks a lot more crisp, but I think the graphics in NCAA Basketball 2009 are even better (though I'm still not sold on the play control).

As far as the rosters, they are always all screwed up, but College Hoops 2K8 and NCAA Basketball 2009 (not too shabby, as I now am getting into that game) allow you to browse files through XBox Live to obtain the most up to date rosters.

I think Al Turley is still on the roster that you're using, GreatDanes06, so I would just modify him for Harris. But even better, just download the up-to-date rosters through the xbox file share feature in College Hoops 2K8. Search for a file that was posted on December 14. Easier still, just send me a personal message and you can get my Gamer Tag and then obtain the file from me directly.

I'll try to post pictures from NCAA Basketball 2009 later this evening or early this week. As discussed above, I'm still not thrilled with the "play control" of NCAA 2009 by EA Sports, although it's growing on me. And I do think the graphics, including the SEFCU Arena, players, and uniforms, are much better in the newer NCAA Basketball 2009 by EA Sports. I also like how you can rename streets on or contiguous to campus in the game (i.e., Fuller Road, Western Ave., Washington Ave.), get upgrades to facilities by way of alumni support earned by winning key games (i.e., home opener, the Siena game, etc.), and how the game has our school seal/symbol, the minerva, in it (look up in the rafters in the SEFCU Arena for those playing the game).

The graphics and detail of the players in NCAA Basketball 2009 is lousy compared to the player detail in College Hoops 2k8. I think the amateurs who assembled the ad hoc 2009 rosters for College Hoops 2K8 did a fantastic job with the players and their faces, though I don't always agree with the ratings in either game (for example, Raffa has one of the lowest ratings on our team at 59 in NCAA Basketball 2009!!). It looks like, however, that EA Sports will be delivering the college basketball games of the near future, as Electronic Arts (EA) has acquired the exclusive rights to NCAA Basketball.

UA_MA,

I couldn't help but notice your last screen pic.....obviously it's a photoshoped fake since we all know Siena is to big an opponent/far to important to travel to UA! Either that or someone (Siena fan) should write to 2K and tell them that it is a "DISGRACE" that the game allows the scheduling of Siena @ UA on UA's homecourt and demand that an immediate patch should be developed and released so that the issue could be rectified. Otherwise, they are pulling their name and likeness from the game!

:P

You probably weren't allowed to cut him because it would have taken you below a certain number of players. Usually you can cut players under edit rosters. Try creating a player (yourself, for example, or a "Jamar revisited"), adding him to the roster, and then you should be able to cut a player if you still want to.

How do you get to the file share on 2k8 to DL the roster?

I'm not sure but I think it depends on what system you have XBOX, PS2 or PS3...(Wii..if they make it for that)

MsGDG,

You're probably right about the system one is one, but one can definitely obtain updated rosters for the XBox 360, because I myself did it. Moreover, the websites and groups that work on and provide the updated rosters often provide services whereby you can mail a flash drive to them, and then they mail it back to you with the roster file on them for a small fee. Easier to just download it for free though ... .

Before another poster on this forum informed me about the ability of roster downloads for 2K8, I actually spent an entire evening last year re-naming and checking the accuracy of every team in the America East. I was so ticked when I found out I wasted 4 hours doing that! Downloading the correct file is well worth it, as the rosters are dead-on correct for both games, and the updates for 2K8 are especially good as far as the player detail goes (except for "Jamie" Covington).

If anyone wants exact instructions on how to download the correct and up to date roster for XBox 360 for either of the 2 basketball games (NCAA Basketball 2009 or College Hoops 2K8), including the name of the file and the name of the gamer who posted the accurate file so that you can find it easily, I'd be happy to post the instructions or chat with you over the phone while I walk you through it.

As to the file updates, I have uploaded the correct rosters and named them UAlbany 2009 for the XBox 360. By searching for that file through the 2K File Share feature, one may download this file to avoid the hassle of finding the correct rosters (note that the UAlbany 2009 roster I uploaded contains all the updated rosters for every other NCAA basketball team as well.). Note that I "tweaked" the attributes a bit for the UAlbany players, so gamers across the country will be pleased to see UAlbany sporting a team that can match up with most Big East schools ... (what better way to market our impressive and improving team?). :lol:

Pictures of NCAA Basketball 2009 (the better game as far as graphics go) to come this evening, including pictures of the rather neat and creative "rival" feature whereby you can see if any gamers out there are online (for the purpose of an instant challenge to play) who have selected their favorite team as Siena or America East teams.

How do you get to the file share on 2k8 to DL the roster?

If you have the 360, I can call you this evening (or you can call me when it suits you) so that I can walk you through it if you'd like. Just send me a personal message asking for my phone # or providing yours (and/or gamer tag).

Archived