UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brother got me NCAA Basketball 09

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
got it for Hanukkah, lol. Already setting up the dynasty league for ualbany...i have ps2, so its not insane like the other systems

How does the UA Roster look? Last Years was completely wrong so I exchanged it 24 hours after buying it. not worth my time if they don't even make an effort....

actually 98% good...only guy they screwed up on was Gifford (made him #55, a soph and black). everyone else is good, minus the computer image.

Will Harris is not on the team either, however, can't fault them for that, being he was a late addition to the roster

actually 98% good...only guy they screwed up on was Gifford (made him #55, a soph and black). everyone else is good, minus the computer image.

Will Harris is not on the team either, however, can't fault them for that, being he was a late addition to the roster

I have the game for xbox, and the only glaring mistake was not having harris. I think the #55 black sophomore is supposed to be al turley, the xbox version has a separate #54 thats supposed to be giff. The one issue is they rate the freshman recruits a little high (Lindfors is rated the best player on the team)...but this is a problem everywhere in the game (BU has two freshman rated over 80). Overall a solid game...I'm in the AE championship game in my first dynasty season...27-4 record good enough for the #7 ranking in the country...

I was planning on posting a new thread in the coming week or so discussing the various basketball games and UAlbany's presence in the games (along with pictures of players and courts).

I also want to discuss in a future post the strong possibility of a College Lacrosse game around the corner, which would feature UAlbany and it's players. Although video games might seem insignificant and juvenile to some of the older generation people on here, video games are a crucial way to market our team and school to the rest of the country!! Imagine if a LAX game comes out; our UA team will feature one of the best offenses in the game, and kids all across America will enjoy playing as UAlbany!

Same goes with even the latest edition of NCAA Football 2009. Although in the Playstation 3 and XBox 360 versions of the game, there are no named Division I-AA schools, there are many Division I-AA schools, with attributes and players, in the Playstation 2 version of NCAA Football 2009. We need that stadium! Although UAlbany isn't featured in the 2009 version of the PS2 game (the strategy guide available in, e.g., Best Buy, lists all the Division I-AA schools in the back of the book), I assume we will be in it in the coming years, and we're going to look pretty stupid with our high school stadium. Good thing our team and coach rocks! :)

But, back to the basketball games: IMHO, and although I have only played the demo for NCAA Basketball 2009, NCAA Basketball 2009 by EA Sports is only better than NCAA Basketball 2008 by EA Sports and not much else. I'm glad UA is in 2009, and I plan on scoping it out and posting pictures here once it's delivered next week from Gamefly. For those of you who have played as UAlbany in 2009, how is the SEFCU Arena? How are the uniforms?

The king of the college basketball video games is still College Hoops 2K8 by 2K Sports, despite the fact that they did not release a 2K9 version. HOWEVER, certain cohorts of individuals have put many hours of work in to create updated rosters available for free downloaded through the "2K Share" feature in College Hoops 2K8.

As of December 14, 2008, the first apparently completed roster for this year appeared for download. They did a fantastic job with UAlbany's players and rosters of this year. I tried to do it myself, and the players ended up looking like trolls and goblins. It's tough to get the players' faces looking even close to them!

In my near future post, I will post the name of the December 14th update that has all the accurate UA players and America East players on it. I think it was something v.10 (version 10). Either OS v.10 or Goodfella v.10.

Like I noted above, I will post pictures of the players and the screen(s) with their attributes, but to water the appetite, in this latest update, Logan is noted as injured, although Jake L. is not listed as redshirting (an easy edit to do oneself). Interestingly, the guys doing the research for this year's rosters must really like Logan, because he got the highest rating on the team of about 81 (an extremely high rating for a freshman). Raffa, in my view, was way way too low at 59. Naturally, I edited the attributes to reflect how I perceive our team and players (and somehow, I always end up with one of the better teams in the game as a result ... haha!).

The bottom line: For hoops games, get the 2K8 College Hoops game and download the updated rosters (available as of the past week or so), and you'll be happy! However, the uniforms still suck in 2K8, as they are yellow for the home jerseys.

I was planning on posting a new thread in the coming week or so discussing the various basketball games and UAlbany's presence in the games (along with pictures of players and courts).

I also want to discuss in a future post the strong possibility of a College Lacrosse game around the corner, which would feature UAlbany and it's players. Although video games might seem insignificant and juvenile to some of the older generation people on here, video games are a crucial way to market our team and school to the rest of the country!! Imagine if a LAX game comes out; our UA team will feature one of the best offenses in the game, and kids all across America will enjoy playing as UAlbany!

Same goes with even the latest edition of NCAA Football 2009. Although in the Playstation 3 and XBox 360 versions of the game, there are no named Division I-AA schools, there are many Division I-AA schools, with attributes and players, in the Playstation 2 version of NCAA Football 2009. We need that stadium! Although UAlbany isn't featured in the 2009 version of the PS2 game (the strategy guide available in, e.g., Best Buy, lists all the Division I-AA schools in the back of the book), I assume we will be in it in the coming years, and we're going to look pretty stupid with our high school stadium. Good thing our team and coach rocks! :)

But, back to the basketball games: IMHO, and although I have only played the demo for NCAA Basketball 2009, NCAA Basketball 2009 by EA Sports is only better than NCAA Basketball 2008 by EA Sports and not much else. I'm glad UA is in 2009, and I plan on scoping it out and posting pictures here once it's delivered next week from Gamefly. For those of you who have played as UAlbany in 2009, how is the SEFCU Arena? How are the uniforms?

The king of the college basketball video games is still College Hoops 2K8 by 2K Sports, despite the fact that they did not release a 2K9 version. HOWEVER, certain cohorts of individuals have put many hours of work in to create updated rosters available for free downloaded through the "2K Share" feature in College Hoops 2K8.

As of December 14, 2008, the first apparently completed roster for this year appeared for download. They did a fantastic job with UAlbany's players and rosters of this year. I tried to do it myself, and the players ended up looking like trolls and goblins. It's tough to get the players' faces looking even close to them!

In my near future post, I will post the name of the December 14th update that has all the accurate UA players and America East players on it. I think it was something v.10 (version 10). Either OS v.10 or Goodfella v.10.

Like I noted above, I will post pictures of the players and the screen(s) with their attributes, but to water the appetite, in this latest update, Logan is noted as injured, although Jake L. is not listed as redshirting (an easy edit to do oneself). Interestingly, the guys doing the research for this year's rosters must really like Logan, because he got the highest rating on the team of about 81 (an extremely high rating for a freshman). Raffa, in my view, was way way too low at 59. Naturally, I edited the attributes to reflect how I perceive our team and players (and somehow, I always end up with one of the better teams in the game as a result ... haha!).

The bottom line: For hoops games, get the 2K8 College Hoops game and download the updated rosters (available as of the past week or so), and you'll be happy! However, the uniforms still suck in 2K8, as they are yellow for the home jerseys.

Can I suggest that you give the game a try before claiming 2k8 to be the king of college hoops games? Being a 2k person myself I was a bit skeptical at first, and while NCAA 09 does lack a lot of the cool dynasty attributes (like the tv selection show), I think the NCAA 09 gameplay is far superior. 2k8 was definitely a great game, but NCAA does manage to fix some of the annoying things about the 2k8 version.

EA didnt quite get the SEFCU spot on, but its alot better than in previous versions. The Albany logo a center court is way too big, and the student sections are also a bit too big, but otherwise its a solid representation. they also have a little info screen about it. The uniforms are also better...white home's and black road's...though they mimic last year's jerseys more than this year's.

Its almost impossible to get accurate ratings for freshman. EA seemed to have a glitch where freshman were ranked a little high, though they nailed Raffa right on with a 75. In general the rankings were good, except ambrose was a bit low, and the other two freshman a bit high. Its definitely worth a look for you gamers out there

Can I suggest that you give the game a try before claiming 2k8 to be the king of college hoops games? Being a 2k person myself I was a bit skeptical at first, and while NCAA 09 does lack a lot of the cool dynasty attributes (like the tv selection show), I think the NCAA 09 gameplay is far superior. 2k8 was definitely a great game, but NCAA does manage to fix some of the annoying things about the 2k8 version.

EA didnt quite get the SEFCU spot on, but its alot better than in previous versions. The Albany logo a center court is way too big, and the student sections are also a bit too big, but otherwise its a solid representation. they also have a little info screen about it. The uniforms are also better...white home's and black road's...though they mimic last year's jerseys more than this year's.

Its almost impossible to get accurate ratings for freshman. EA seemed to have a glitch where freshman were ranked a little high, though they nailed Raffa right on with a 75. In general the rankings were good, except ambrose was a bit low, and the other two freshman a bit high. Its definitely worth a look for you gamers out there

I'll definitely give 2009 a try, but calling 2K8 the king of the basketball v-games is what I perceived to be the consensus across the Internet and in the chat rooms, etc. I do share that view. (I would say the same for the NBA basketball games. NBA Live was a joke; it even got pulled from the market when the PS3 first came out it was so bad! NBA 2K9 is very cool, though I still disfavor the NBA in general as compared to the college game).

I'm sure there are plenty of people who might like 2009 better, and I'm sure it has some cool features, but I think the play control is just terrible. Just my $.02. I look forward to playing 2009, however, since I have nothing better to do this winter than watch UA hoops and ski. :) Moreover, I suppose play control is something akin to seeing an attractive woman -- beauty is in the eye (or hand) of the beholder (or gamer). By way of example, most people would favor Madden 2009 and its play control; I strongly favor NCAA Football 2009 and its play control. So be it, as long as we enjoy it! :)

That's awesome, though, that 2009 got the uniforms right. It sounds like the SEFCU Arena is about the same in 09 as it was in 2008.

There are venue updates available as part of the update download in College Hoops 2K8. Those updates include the renaming of the Pepsi Arena to the Times Union Center and the RAAC to the SEFCU Arena.

Is there a website out there where we can upload pictures and get a URL for the purpose of posting that picture here? I used to use, per the advice of a poster on this board, www.showyourmedia.com, but that site is no longer operational. Anything out there just like it?

Whether it's 'polite' or not to use their server, you can upload pictures on the America East forum and post them here. At least this would be basketball-related.

Is there a website out there where we can upload pictures and get a URL for the purpose of posting that picture here? I used to use, per the advice of a poster on this board, www.showyourmedia.com, but that site is no longer operational. Anything out there just like it?

Try photobucket.com

Archived