UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hartford @ UA

Great effort tonight.....I know that Anthony played with a badly sprained toe but he hit some huge shots in the second half. His first half performance was poor with allot of TO's, when he doesn't turn it over he can be very helpful out there. Timmy again in foul trouble, like Raffa he helped down the stretch with some big points.

What can you say about Will....he is a stud and no doubt one of the best player in the conference. He was the only one at the start of the game who was having any success. At one point the score was 13-13 and if I'm not mistaken he had 11 of those points. His outside shot is really starting to come on...couple that with his ability to slash and he is very dangerous. Great to see such a great guy have such great success. Game in and game out, this guy delivers!

I hate playing Hartford, we adjusted well as the game went on but to start the game, I was biting my nails. They were hitting them from all over. What Hartford really needs is someone who can do anything inside, it would do wonders for them in opening up their outside game.

With Bing and SB falling, this was a great night all around. In 3rd place and by no means out of the race for the regular season title. Hope the guys heal up, this is a great time to have a week between games.

GO GREAT DANES!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In 3rd place and by no means out of the race for the regular season title.

I prefer to look at it as tied for second in the conference although you're probably technically right. We're going to find out where we belong in these next three games against BUMA, VT and BUNY. For right now I'm happy to let Vermont and Boston have the target on their back.

Aside from the Will Harris show in the first half it was great to see nine guys contribute in the second half. Good to see Mike Johnson get a little more confident from game to game. I thought he and Hastings really started to wear down the Hartford guards.

Giff was an animated on the bench tonight as I've ever seen him. Looked like Will Harris was wearing off on him a little bit. I haven't seen the bench start a "defense" chant at home before but I'm pretty sure they did once or twice tonight.

Giff was an animated on the bench tonight as I've ever seen him. Looked like Will Harris was wearing off on him a little bit. I haven't seen the bench start a "defense" chant at home before but I'm pretty sure they did once or twice tonight.

Yeah it was great to see him stand up and start doing DEFENSE...I was like did Giff start this chant?? Nice to see the players not playing excited!!

Yeah it was great to see him stand up and start doing DEFENSE...I was like did Giff start this chant?? Nice to see the players not playing excited!!

Bench gives Danes big boost - Gazette story

I gave Brett the game ball. He was our MVP. He energized the bench as a cheerleader, and one official told me several times that Brett better sit down, or he would give him a technical foul.

WTF? What about all those teams that stand until they make their first basket?

I hope the layoff until the 5th lets Raffa and company heal their wounds. He was noticably slower in this last game. Anthony made a few more bad decisions than in the UMBC game and he was struggling a bit on defense, hopefully it was the toe that caused this. Our backcourt has to be tip top for the challenge of BU's backcourt next week. They will have Lowe back which we were lucky to avoid last game.

Gifford was awesome last night -- way to go! He was even doing a little dance at one point; simply awesome to see the bench like that!

Did anyone else really enjoy seeing Johnson and Raffa on the court last night at the same time? That was pretty cool.

Consider, as an academic and recreational exercise, a lineup of Ambrose, Raffa, Johnson, Hastings, and Harris. I would coin that as our slash-up-the-opponent's-zone-defense lineup! In any event, it was comforting to see Johnson and Raffa out there at the same time, especially against a zone defense and quasi-press.

And Jerel has been so huge for us in so many ways. I would like to see him out there 30+ minutes. I like seeing Allen and Jerel out there.

McRae didn't get minutes out there last night, and I know we needed lots of guards in there last night against the Hartford defense, but McRae is going to have to be huge for us in the next couple games against bigger and more athletic teams. Of anyone off the bench, his numbers tend to glare out as the casual stats observer. For the limited minutes he sees, he does deliver on rebounds and points (especially rebounds).

These next 3-4 games are essentially THE regular season for us. 2-1 would be acceptable, but 3-0 is almost required if we want any shot at the regular season title. If we go 1-2 or 0-3, we will need to practically win out and need help to make any noise.

If I had to pick 2 out of the 3 games that I wanted wins in, I would focus on the Boston and UVM games. If i was going to drop one, it'd be the Bingo game. I guess this is rather obvious though given the current standings.

Archived