UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hartford @ UA

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure teams have to be in town the evening before the game (required by AE ??), to eliminate potential cancellations - but anything out of the ordinary (the extreme) could possibly lead to a cancellation.

Wasn't the first game between us and Hartford postponed a day? I thought one of our games this season was moved due to weather, or perhaps it was our travel plan that was affected. I just can't recall ... .

I'm pretty sure teams have to be in town the evening before the game (required by AE ??), to eliminate potential cancellations - but anything out of the ordinary (the extreme) could possibly lead to a cancellation.

Wasn't the first game between us and Hartford postponed a day? I thought one of our games this season was moved due to weather, or perhaps it was our travel plan that was affected. I just can't recall ... .

No that was the Sacred Heart game.

the team was there, but the roads were extremely bad. I read the bus took an 1 1/2 hours to go 5 miles and a friend of mine took 6 hours to get from Albany to Sacred Heart to find out the game got moved to Saturday. I think it was officially was cancelled around 3 that day.

Sacred Heart - school was not in session (I believe) and the roads on campus were not plowed. I think one of the newspapers or blogs stated that the on campus dorms weren't open therefore not only our team but the home team might not have been able to make it to the game. I also think the officials weren't in town.

I may be wrong but if my memory serves me correct, I think the above was reported or blogged somewhere.

No that was the Sacred Heart game.

the team was there, but the roads were extremely bad. I read the bus took an 1 1/2 hours to go 5 miles and a friend of mine took 6 hours to get from Albany to Sacred Heart to find out the game got moved to Saturday. I think it was officially was cancelled around 3 that day.

Ah yes, good memory Bob87. I imagine our attendance will suffer tomorrow due to the weather, but the students hopefully will rally for us and be there. I expect to make every effort possible to be there (the drive is about 40 minutes from my apartment in Greene County, with good conditions), and I would think that the conditions will be okay (at least on the Thruway) after the rush-hour commuters trample over the roads first.

I also think the officials weren't in town.

After the last game it seems like some of us might not miss the officials if they couldn't make it!

Hoping for the best with the weather. We've been fairly lucky so far with the snow. The last really snow game day I remember was against So. Vermont our first or second year DI. I remember because there was no one there and I caught a bunch of "tees for threes" that game.

Per UA e-mail:

The UAlbany men’s basketball game vs. Hartford WILL BE played tonight at the SEFCU Arena at 7:00 PM. It has been confirmed by all parties that the game will take place as scheduled.

If by some chance that the game does get canceled an email will be sent out as soon as we are notified, and it will be posted on the ualbanysports website. Thank you and we hope to see you tonight.

Drive safe out there.

Archived