UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NY Times article on Bingo

I was just about to post this. I thought this was interesting...

At least one teacher has said she received so much pressure to change her grading policy for basketball players that it bordered on harassment.

I wonder if that teacher was tenured at the time. It's hard to imagine a tenured faculty member putting up with the Bull-Bingo that appears to be going on.

EDIT: It appears as though at least one of the teacher's was an adjunct professor. Kudos to that professor ... .

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy (SUNY Buffalo). The NY Times and New York media generally have been against college sports from day 1. This is exactly why New York Collegiate sports are where they are. New York media whips up this frenzy about the evils of college sports. Its a damn shame.

What are we talking about here? Bingo for god's sake. Its a tiny college most Americans have never heard of playing in the America Least. This is the great evil that the New York Times picks on? Big East, SEC, ACC, Big 10 etc, etc, etc... They pick on the America Least? Great journalism New York Times. My employer owns a number of newspapers as part of our media portfolio and I'm happy they're losing money and going bankrupt. I will open champagne the day this rag goes under!

I have to agree with ATL here......all it would take was one pissed off reporter who lost a girlfriend to an athlete while at UA to get an article like this printed about us. I'm 100000% sure that you could find disgruntled professors who hate college athletics in general to fill in the quotes for the article.

Of course, then you'd get the quotes about the 3 UA football players arrested for rape and you've got essentially the entire article. Its easy to pick on Bing for this because Broadus is an ass. But those in Division I glass houses (which we all are) shouldn't throw stones.

While I agree the story seemed heavy-handed against Bing basketball, Broadus made it really, really easy to write a story like this. One of the reasons I'll be rooting against Bing going to the NCAAs is that there will be more where this came from if they head into the national spotlight.

Archived