UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA offers another player??

I would be very surprosed if.......

Mike Johnson PG, Tim Ambrose 2G, Will Harris PF and Brett Gifford wouldn't be considered starters right now.

Everyone else is unproven at the DI level.

Barazza (2/3 type), and Allen (3/4 type)are definately able to contribute.

Aronhalt (2/3 type), Lindfors (4/5 type) we haven't seen either yet.

Newbies - Watts (2/3 type), Black (1/2 type), Tartt (1/2/3 type), Glanton (4) and Metcalf (5) are all completely unknown quantities

McRae (4/5 type) if he's around and gets with the program could be a major asset.

For those of you who have access to MaxxAthlete sites, they have 3 of his games in their entirety that you can watch.

- He looks like a great athlete, very good length with long arms, kind of reminds me a bit of Holland with his length although he doesn't have the developed body that Holland has (not yet at least). Very smooth bringing up the ball, very smooth moving around on the court period.

- From what I could pick up, he could be a great defender if he applies himself, quick feet and long arms, he'll be trouble to shoot over. Has the ability to stay in front of quicker smaller/quicker guards.

- He can fill in at the point should we need him to, in the game I've watched he ran the point quite a bit when he was in the game.

FYI...because I refuse to keep changing my password at the Basketball Boards, NUHF is not blowing smoke about this kid's visit to NU. I can 100% say it isnt just his word.

That being said, the NU coaches were high on the kid and feel he will be very solid in the AE.

I've never seen Glanton play but I thought he's be more of a PF from what I've read about him.

It's a bold predition to have McRae going from the doghouse to starting PF. I had thought with a summer to prepare that Harris would be the pick for PF.

It's a long time away but we seem commited to an Johnson - Ambrose backcourt which I consider a plus. If Harris starts at PF with Giff that leaves Watts, Aronhalt, Tartt and Barraza to duke it out for the SF position.

I wasnt picking him to start, just listing his name as someone who can play the position...i think its a no brainer Harris starts next year

I thought you were listing them in order of depth. My mistake. You're still bold!

I'm not too worried about if Northeastern offered or not (the AE Board.) I know on the Duquense message board they weren't happy they "lost" a recruit to us.

Is it too early to start talking about the "Illinois Connection?" - Black, Tartt and Lindfors.

I think a big reason we ended up getting Tartt has to be because of Black. These two guys were HS teammates at one point, and are rumored to be good friends. I'm sure Black sold him on the vision of coming here, and that probably was one of the biggest factors in his decision. Tartt canceled a trip to At least one higher profile school to commit here. Let's hope this class lives up to its billing!

I've never seen Glanton play but I thought he's be more of a PF from what I've read about him.

It's a bold predition to have McRae going from the doghouse to starting PF. I had thought with a summer to prepare that Harris would be the pick for PF.

It's a long time away but we seem commited to an Johnson - Ambrose backcourt which I consider a plus. If Harris starts at PF with Giff that leaves Watts, Aronhalt, Tartt and Barraza to duke it out for the SF position.

I wasnt picking him to start, just listing his name as someone who can play the position...i think its a no brainer Harris starts next year

I thought you were listing them in order of depth. My mistake. You're still bold!

I'm not too worried about if Northeastern offered or not (the AE Board.) I know on the Duquense message board they weren't happy they "lost" a recruit to us.

Is it too early to start talking about the "Illinois Connection?" - Black, Tartt and Lindfors.

Yeh I laughed a little at Duquesne fans also...they were complaining that they lost Aronhalt, Barazza and now Tartt to us....

Archived