UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA offers another player??

America Least (via chicago hoops and scout) is reporting we have an offer out to Brewster Prep shooting guard Derek Tartt and he made an official visit earlier today. This begs the question of where is this scholly coming from? Has another player left and it has yet been made public? Anybody have any other info on this?

Edit: Here is the ESPN link on him http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

America Least (via chicago hoops and scout) is reporting we have an offer out to Brewster Prep shooting guard Derek Tartt and he made an official visit earlier today. This begs the question of where is this scholly coming from? Has another player left and it has yet been made public? Anybody have any other info on this?

Edit: Here is the ESPN link on him http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

The only one I can think of is Scotty! Back in '08 he was rated two spots below Jake Lindofors on IllinoisHSBasketball.com

I've heard that Scotty is coming back and that no one else is leaving.....I guess we'll see what happens or how this works out. Hopefully they can close this kid this weekend, he's got two visits next week. Hopefully Mike can convince this kid to come here as they've played together in HS.

I think what CB is going to do is offer Tartt, McRae scholly, and give Scotty financial aide. McRae is a NY resident so it would be cheeper and easier to get TAP money.

Wouldn't he still count as a "counter" though? Counter against the scholarship maximum of 13.

What I last remember is that we had used up all the schollies, and Puk was going to be sitting out next year, because we don't have one for him.

So, we are going to bring in a new player....

give McRae's scholarship for the new guy...

either put McRae on financial aid or wave goodbye...

and still have no scholarship for Puk this coming year?

I'd like to see this one play out smoothly.

From my perspective, McRae really threw away a whole year of basketball for us.

Now he's going to be a senior, and we really haven't had his services. Anyone see the

value in replacing him with a freshman, that CAN play this coming year and have 4 good years with all of the other

freshmen and redshirt freshmen playing?

I recall that Puk is paying his own way and he would get a scholarship in 2010-11. Puk would probably get Gifford spot after he graduates this year. So if Puk gets Gifford spot, Tartt takes McRae scholarship and McRae pays his own way then there shouldn't be an issue.

This is offcourse if McRae stays and accepts being a walk-on.

Confirmed by hoopmasters, he picked us over some higher schools from better leagues. AWESOME!

Albany adds prep school combo guard...

By Van Coleman van@hoopmasters.com

Will Brown and his Albany Staff have received a commitment from 6-3 Derek Tartt...

According to a source close to the program the Albany Great Danes have received a commitment from 6-3 combo guard Derek Tartt from Wolfeboro, NH Brewster Academy.

Derek Tartt who played with the Illinois Wolves last summer, is an explosive athletic combo who can score off the dribble or pop 17-footer with regularity on the move. he has the tools to be a defensive stopper.

He chose Albany over interest from Duquesne, Northeastern, and Kent State. He also had offers from Loyola Chicago, Ball St, and N Iowa.

His facebook default picture is now a UA logo, so he is obviously pumped. This is phenomenal news. The kid sounds like a stud who should come in and contribute immediately. This team is going to have OUTSTANDING depth next year... Can we start the season now?

PG: Mike Johnson, Mike Black

SG/SF: Ambrose, Tartt, Logan, Glanton, Watts, Allen, Barraza

PF: McRae (probably) Will Harris, Lindfors

C: Gifford, Metcalf

Edit: Do you guys think the Tartt signing may lead to one of the other freshman (Probably Glanton?) to take a red shirt? There is definitely going to be some tough competition at the 2/3 spots for PT next season and maybe you help eliminate that by red shirting someone?? Just a thought...

I've never seen Glanton play but I thought he's be more of a PF from what I've read about him.

It's a bold predition to have McRae going from the doghouse to starting PF. I had thought with a summer to prepare that Harris would be the pick for PF.

It's a long time away but we seem commited to an Johnson - Ambrose backcourt which I consider a plus. If Harris starts at PF with Giff that leaves Watts, Aronhalt, Tartt and Barraza to duke it out for the SF position.

that leaves Watts, Aronhalt, Tartt and Barraza to duke it out for the SF position.

Don't forget Billy Allen..he made a couple starts last year and played significant minutes..without having seen Watts, Tartt and Aronhalt really play, my default assumption would be that Billy and Louis might have the 'early lead' for the starting 3 spot.

I've never seen Glanton play but I thought he's be more of a PF from what I've read about him.

It's a bold predition to have McRae going from the doghouse to starting PF. I had thought with a summer to prepare that Harris would be the pick for PF.

It's a long time away but we seem commited to an Johnson - Ambrose backcourt which I consider a plus. If Harris starts at PF with Giff that leaves Watts, Aronhalt, Tartt and Barraza to duke it out for the SF position.

I wasnt picking him to start, just listing his name as someone who can play the position...i think its a no brainer Harris starts next year

Archived