UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

depends how you look at it

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=3749332

i don't mind the change. Competing in a tournament with just two other schools is kind of silly. This adds more teams into the mix and it builds the UA/Siena rivalry a little more. It also opens the door to the NCAA's in 2012.

Doc Sauers gets another shot at Siena!

I was wondering why the MAAC didn't drop women's golf and come to the AE if they only had two members. I'm guessing they might be near the NCAA minimiun of sports?

The MAAC's priority is to develop women's golf??????? WOW...lofty goals. That conference is pure garbage! The best way to get out of this arrangement (if we wanted to) is win the tittle a couple of times....like the baseball team that got kicked out because the rest of them couldn't keep up. The names escapes me at the moment.

The MAAC's priority is to develop women's golf??????? WOW...lofty goals. That conference is pure garbage! The best way to get out of this arrangement (if we wanted to) is win the tittle a couple of times....like the baseball team that got kicked out because the rest of them couldn't keep up. The names escapes me at the moment.

It was Division II LeMoyne.

I was wondering why the MAAC didn't drop women's golf and come to the AE if they only had two members. I'm guessing they might be near the NCAA minimiun of sports?

Is there a minimum for leagues?

I know there is a minimum for schools.

I don't think so, there are one-sport leagues for football (Pioneer FL), hockey (Hockey East), and I suppose others in the minor sports.

I don't think so, there are one-sport leagues for football (Pioneer FL), hockey (Hockey East), and I suppose others in the minor sports.

I didn't think so either.

So while it makes sense for the 3 maac teams to join the 3 AE teams to get an autobid, it does not make sense to call the league the maac.

In hockey a few years ago, there was a league called maac hockey that had some maac teams, but eventually the league become Atlantic hockey to get rid of the bad name if nothing else.

Archived