UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

First, props to some of the UA brethren that has contributed to the very humorous smack-talking thread at:

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?t=4570

Second, I noticed that one of the posters had an add-on that tracked the progress of donations towards a football scholarship. The link to the application is here:

http://www.chipin.com/overview

Anybody interested in doing a BPF "chip-in"? We would have to:

1.) Get DP's permission.

2.) Identify a cause (stadium fund?)

3.) Get some sort of guarantee that the funds would reach the intended recipient.

If we did it right I would make the first contribution. Thoughts?

First, props to some of the UA brethren that has contributed to the very humorous smack-talking thread at:

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?t=4570

Second, I noticed that one of the posters had an add-on that tracked the progress of donations towards a football scholarship. The link to the application is here:

http://www.chipin.com/overview

1.) Get DP's permission.

3.) Get some sort of guarantee that the funds would reach the intended recipient.

LOL....that thread is great....I laughed allot reading it, was to lazy/busy at work to register and contribute to it but I love good smack! Gratz to dfan and uofa for representing. Good stuff!

LOL on the second part of your post...chipin needs to know four things as per their website...

1. What's the purpose of your ChipIn? - To replace the existing joke of a field

2. How much money do you need to collect? - How many zero's can you show on your graph? We need $60,000,000

3. When do you need the money by? - Yesterday!

4. How would you like to collect your money? - Armored truck!

1.) Get DP's permission.

Kind of scary that I was thinking the same thing when I read the GSU thread about Chip-in. You certainly have my support. I was thinking about getting people to commit a certain amount for every win over a fully funded program this year. Something like that.

1.) Get DP's permission.

Kind of scary that I was thinking the same thing when I read the GSU thread about Chip-in. You certainly have my support. I was thinking about getting people to commit a certain amount for every win over a fully funded program this year. Something like that.

I'm in total support of this idea...."chip-in" sounds interesting as you can actually see a graphic that might motivate people to give. We could donate what ever funds we collect at the end of the year towards the stadium fund courtesy of the Big Purple Fans.

1.) Get DP's permission.

I'm in total support of this idea...."chip-in" sounds interesting as you can actually see a graphic that might motivate people to give. We could donate what ever funds we collect at the end of the year towards the stadium fund courtesy of the Big Purple Fans.

Great idea.

Maybe I missed it but where can we watch the game? I'm closing on a house in San Diego so unfortunetly I won't be able to be in Statesboro. I'm sure it'll be on in Atlanta but that doesn't do me much good this weekend. Online?

I was told by Brian Depasquale (SID) that the game will be available online via Danezone, which will provide a link to the GSU web broadcast. From what I understand from the GSU guys, the web broadcast is really good. That is a pay service though.

Wyland's radio broadcast will be available online for free at fox980.com

SoCal,

I just moved to ATL from NYC. Can I find the game on local TV? I've been looking through the channel guide during that time slot and cant see anything. Also, would you recommend any good sports bars here to watch NY teams? (Yanks, Giants, Rangers, Knicks) etc.

My GF and I just moved here - she went to UNC, and is a diehard Heels fan. I'm looking forward to my first bball game at UNC when the Danes come to the Dean Dome.

On a side note, I really hope one day that UA football can have a following as football does down South. It truly is like a religion here.

I met a Georgia Southern fan at a bar and he had nothing but nice things to say about all you guys who have been posting on their board.

TSN Preview

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4251423

OTHER GAMES OF NOTE

Albany (0-0) at Georgia Southern (0-0)

An Albany team that is anticipating a bright future and a Georgia Southern squad trying to rebuild its storied past will meet in a key inter-sectional matchup between the Northeast Conference and the Southern Conference.

Albany can qualify for an FCS playoff berth by winning another NEC title, being ranked in the Top-16 and beating a pair of teams from conferences with automatic bids. The Great Danes also play Massachusetts and Maine in the next two weeks, so a victory over Georgia Southern could be a key element in that playoff goal.

Coach Bob Ford, the active FCS career win leader, is back for his 37th year and has an offense that will be built around running back David McCarty (1,852 rushing yards, 13 TDs), the second-leading rusher in FCS last season. But Ford needs better production out of senior quarterback Vinny Esposito (2,082 yards of total offense) to lead a group that returns seven starters.

The Great Danes also return seven players on the defensive side of the ball, including top tacklers Justin Brancaccio (91 tackles) and Dave Casale (74 tackles, seven interceptions, seven pass breakups).

Georgia Southern is still trying to regroup under third-year coach Chris Hatcher. The Eagles have plenty of young talent and tons of speed, but they struggled in close games last year, losing to Appalachian State, The Citadel and Wofford by a combined five points, with The Citadel and Wofford losses coming in overtime.

With Ohio State transfer Antonio Henton leaving the program, the quarterback job is firmly in the control of Lee Chapple (787 yards passing), who showed promise in a season-ending 17-10 victory over Furman. After losing all five offensive line starters in 2008, the Eagles have four starters back this season.

There is plenty of competition at running back and wide receiver and the development of the young talent at those positions will go a long way towards determining GSU's success.

There is also some rebuilding work to do on defense for Georgia Southern. Terrione Benefield (57 tackles) is the top returning tackler, but the losses of strong safety Chris Covington and defensive end Dakota Walker are large.

But Paulson Stadium remains one of the toughest road venues in FCS and the Eagles should get off to a good start with a win in this one. GEORGIA SOUTHERN 27, ALBANY 24

SoCal,

I just moved to ATL from NYC. Can I find the game on local TV? I've been looking through the channel guide during that time slot and cant see anything. Also, would you recommend any good sports bars here to watch NY teams? (Yanks, Giants, Rangers, Knicks) etc.

My GF and I just moved here - she went to UNC, and is a diehard Heels fan. I'm looking forward to my first bball game at UNC when the Danes come to the Dean Dome.

On a side note, I really hope one day that UA football can have a following as football does down South. It truly is like a religion here.

I met a Georgia Southern fan at a bar and he had nothing but nice things to say about all you guys who have been posting on their board.

GSU guys are saying there is not going to be a TV broadcast for this game.

I'm a bit surprised that the GSU game isn't being broadcast. Fox Sports South isn't showing the game? This is the kick off to college football season. College football is huge and GSU does have a good following. I really would prefer to watch the game on tv like every other major state university graduate. I'll have to look around for a source.

To answer your question JustDratic. I like Fox Sports South and CSS, if you have Comcast.

I'm a bit surprised that the GSU game isn't being broadcast. Fox Sports South isn't showing the game? This is the kick off to college football season. College football is huge and GSU does have a good following. I really would prefer to watch the game on tv like every other major state university graduate. I'll have to look around for a source.

To answer your question JustDratic. I like Fox Sports South and CSS, if you have Comcast.

Just relaying what was said on the GSU forum. Speculation that they want to ensure higher attendance for games with lesser known opponents.

Archived