UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Q&A w/ CB @ Luncheon (9/17)

MRSGDG

-Metcalf is battling Giff as the main center

-CB might use a combo of Scotty or Urli in the post position

-Scotty has been doing great these past weeks

-Harris is in great condition

-Black is battling for the starting PG spot

-CB wants to focus on early offense

-Iati, Puk and one more of the remaining 15 will be red shirted but that remaining player hasn't been decided yet

-Knowing only about who is returning and not about new players, CB said Binghamton will probably be the main team to beat along with Boston this season

Anyone who was there please fill in what I have missed.

Oh and Jamar was there, and he also played at the UAlbany Slam Dunk Golf Classic on Monday.

Mark's post: http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/ualbany-north-carolina-on-espnu-wilson-back-in-town/4432/

-Metcalf is battling Giff as the main center

-CB might use a combo of Scotty or Urli in the post position

-Scotty has been doing great these past weeks

-Harris is in great condition

-Black is battling for the starting PG spot

-CB wants to focus on early offense

-Iati, Puk and one more of the remaining 15 will be red shirted but that remaining player hasn't been decided yet

-Knowing only about who is returning and not about new players, CB said Binghamton will probably be the main team to beat along with Boston this season

Anyone who was there please fill in what I have missed.

Oh and Jamar was there, and he also played at the UAlbany Slam Dunk Golf Classic on Monday.

Mark's post: http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/ualbany-north-carolina-on-espnu-wilson-back-in-town/4432/

Thanks for the update....I'm very glad to hear that early focus will be on the offensive end. I've also heard the Scotty has been doing some really good things, if he keeps it up he will have a chance to be a significant contributor this season.

Today's luncheon was very well organized and very interesting. I would urge everyone who can possibly make the remaining luncheons in the series to try to attend. I understand work schedules and that everyone doesn't have the freedom to attend, but it was well worth the effort and worthy of as much support as possible. Other points:

Coach Brown was very complimentary of Ralph Watts.

Coach Brown thought that, in retrospect, it was a mistake to play Will Harris last year, but indicated that Will is a good student who desired not to spend five years in college.

Next year's football opener will be at Maine. Columbia will be on the 2010 schedule.

It is possible that the 2011 Cincinnati game will be moved to a Thursday. A 4 year series with Yale will begin in 2011.

Both coaches praised the works of the nutritionist and the strength and conditioning coach.

It sounded like McCarty is a longshot to play on Saturday.

Coach Ford said that Andrew Smith still needs to work on reading defenses to play QB and reminded that Smith was a running back until his senior year at Guilderland.

Both coaches emphasized the quality of the young men in their programs; Coach Brown said he thought he had heard every fireworks joke ever written and specifically stated that good kids can occasionally make a bad decision.

Logan Aronhalt should be cleared to resume all basketball functions around October 1.

Archived