UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Inside Lax Recruiting Roundup

Recruiting Roundup talked to Jerome Thompson, father of No. 5 senior Young Gun recruit Miles and No. 1 junior Young Gun recruit Lyle Thompson. The brothers, who play with Lafayette (N.Y.), are both in the middle of the recruiting process and are expected to attend university together. Right now Syracuse and Albany are at the top of the list for Miles, the senior who will be making his decision soon. Lyle is expected to follow Miles, so this could be a big pickup for the Orange, or a HUGE pickup for Albany depending on the final decision. Recruiting Roundup will keep tabs on the progress over the NLI period.

http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2009/11/10/recruiting-roundup-dobyns-to-maryland-ohio-state-thompsons/

Getting the #5 and #1 recruits would be amazing!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a picture of him up on the main screen. He looks good in purple already.

Anonymous sources indicate that there may be a related third player who has already determined the fates of the others.

How is that for evasiveness?

Looks like the third player is their cousin Ty Thompson. Some people on the forums are saying all three committed to Albany, but don't provide any source. Others are saying Ty committed, but the others are still between Albany and Cuse. I guess we'll have to wait for news from an official source.

http://www.lacrosseforums.com/showthread.php?p=2229747#post2229747

Some people claiming in the comments section they committed to Albany, but again no source.

http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2009/11/10/recruiting-roundup-dobyns-to-maryland-ohio-state-thompsons/

"Downingtown West rising senior attackman Eric Sanders has made a verbal commitment to play Division I lacrosse at the University of Albany.

Sanders, a 6-foot-6 lefthander, was a second-team All-Ches-Mont League pick last year for the Whippets. He collected 28 goals and 24 assists for a team that went 12-8 and advanced to the second round of the District 1 playoffs.

Sanders, who plays with the Duke's Lacrosse Club, also was a member of the Chester County team that earned a bronze medal in the recent Keystone State Games. An Honors student, Sanders also considered Massachusetts and Notre Dame."

http://phillylacrosse.com/8809sanders.aspx

BIG news IS coming down the pike.

Stay tuned.

The new conspiracy theory I have heard regarding why the gentlemen have not yet committed is that the other school's boosters (SU) are placing heavy pressure on them to sign there.

We have a couple of more days but I am getting a little nervous.

This COULD be the biggest get in UA history.

Stay tuned.

The new conspiracy theory I have been hearing is that because the gentlemen have not committed yet that the other school's boosters (SU) are putting pressure on them to sign there.

I have a couple of friends that were recruited by Cuse for Lax. The booster club is quite persuasive. wacko.gif

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Stay tuned.

The new conspiracy theory I have been hearing is that because the gentlemen have not committed yet that the other school's boosters (SU) are putting pressure on them to sign there.

I have a couple of friends that were recruited by Cuse for Lax. The booster club is quite persuasive. wacko.gif

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I have my fingers crossed. These kids could be program changers.

By the way, I looked back at my post and it was barely readable. Thank you DF for being able to discern the point that was hidden in my ramblings.

Program changers in many ways beyond their ability on the field.

Getting a #1 recruit sends a huge message to other recruits. Kids that hadn't even really considered Albany will start to consider it. These guys could be the foundation of building a National Championship team.

Where have you been hearing the conspiracy theory?

Someone in the know told me that Miles and Ty have verbally committed..

and that it would become official very soon, by way of LOIs.

All of which would lead, I assume, to getting Lyle the following year.

Nobody would question or doubt the source.

Where have you been hearing the conspiracy theory?

Someone in the know told me that Miles and Ty have verbally committed..

and that it would become official very soon, by way of LOIs.

All of which would lead, I assume, to getting Lyle the following year.

Nobody would question or doubt the source.

One of my co-workers is a founding member of the team at UA and a very active supporter of the program.

Until the NLOI is signed they are fearful that the SU boosters will make their presence known.

We have what, two more days to find out? I hope we end up happy.

In order to determine if I should start getting nervous, or have complete confidence in what I was told Friday,

let me ask..........

who exactly is becoming fearful?

The UA supporters or actual insiders?

My information came from a lacrosse insider, he seemed quite sure of things.

Archived