UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Inside Lax Recruiting Roundup

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...

...Syracuse fans might implode.

BTW, I love how they rip our academics...and especially athlete academics here. That school is not as good as people think, outside of the communications program.

Outside of the Newhouse School---I would put UA on par or higher than SU academically. As far as these recruits. It's like if Will Brown landed 2 or 3 Five-Star Blue chippers. This is huge for the program. If they and the others he brings in live up to their clippings--we are looking at May lacrosse for the Danes. maybe---Memorial Day weekend down the road ????

• 1 month later...

Lyle is what we've never had - "He dominates the game from the point, because he wins every face off".

Academics was mentioned in the Syracuse forum's sour-grapes posts as well as these comments, but Lyle at least has an extra year to get it together.

• 7 months later...

Awesome news! I think the Thompson's decision has already paid dividends.

In fact I know they are:

Miles, Lyle and Ty are even turning into recruiters before they put on the jersey. They're trying to get highly-touted players James Cathers of Corcoran High School in Syracuse and Randy Staats, who played for the under-19 years old Iroquois National team out of Canada, to commit to Albany as well.

"We all just know what each other plays like," Ty said. "I could see NCAA tournaments, and hopefully the final four."

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20091119/SPORTS02/311199944

This happened a while ago, but I never took the time to post it. Cathers is going to Syracuse.

Apparently SU rested on their laurels a little with the Thompsons (ONLY sending them financial aid papers), and then realized there was a new recruiting threat in the state, and they stepped up their game for Cathers.

Awesome news! I think the Thompson's decision has already paid dividends.

In fact I know they are:

Miles, Lyle and Ty are even turning into recruiters before they put on the jersey. They're trying to get highly-touted players James Cathers of Corcoran High School in Syracuse and Randy Staats, who played for the under-19 years old Iroquois National team out of Canada, to commit to Albany as well.

"We all just know what each other plays like," Ty said. "I could see NCAA tournaments, and hopefully the final four."

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20091119/SPORTS02/311199944

This happened a while ago, but I never took the time to post it. Cathers is going to Syracuse.

Apparently SU rested on their laurels a little with the Thompsons (ONLY sending them financial aid papers), and then realized there was a new recruiting threat in the state, and they stepped up their game for Cathers.

I was watching a replay of the UA High School North South game the other day, and heard that Cathers is actually the Thompsons' cousin, if I heard correctly. Miles is a talented finisher.

Miles, towards the 3rd minute and on...

http://video.insidelacrosse.com/video/view/15962607/under-armour-2010-highlights

Glad to see you're on top of things in the UA Lacrosse world Hag!

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent a few hours down at the New York Football Giants training camp on the University of Albany campus today, and I noticed two young guns down on John Fallon Field, the official lacrosse venue for the UAlbany Great Danes. The guy taking shots on goal had a rifle of a shot, and hitting the corners.

It got my fallball juices flowing!

I think I can pull one eye away from our FCS Football squad to see how the lacrosse is shaping up!

Archived