UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Inside Lax Recruiting Roundup

As a non lacrosse fan this is the type of signing that will drive people to the games...I know I plan on watching much more of lacrosse now.

It is great news.

I hope we all can watch more lacrosse. The ideal would be on Memorial day, but I would take all the May games I can get.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be out there, freezing my bojangles off, in February and March as well. I may just have to cancel my plans on moving to Florida!

I wouldn't mind heading back down to a quarterfinals game. The 1st was a good time!

I think they are great gets for a great program. We have been on the cusp.

We just continue getting better!

Welcome Thompsons, Ryan Feuerstein, Doug Eich, Eric Sanders, Mike Daly, & Cody Futia.

I think its great to see Native American kids excelling at the game their people invented. Maybe their story will bring additional positive attention to what Coach Marr has done with all of the Lax players.

Definitely a great get for Coach Marr!

I'll be out there, freezing my bojangles off, in February and March as well. I may just have to cancel my plans on moving to Florida!

I wouldn't mind heading back down to a quarterfinals game. The 1st was a good time!

I think they are great gets for a great program. We have been on the cusp.

We just continue getting better!

Welcome Thompsons, Ryan Feuerstein, Doug Eich, Eric Sanders, Mike Daly, & Cody Futia.

I'll be there too in Feb and March, but winning May games are the best!

I just posted there...amazing their nonsense.

To think that Joe R., Brian C., Lyle and Ty will be in the program at the same time-- along with Big Col. Sanders-- that attack will be just silly.

I may be mistaken, but I think Caufield will be gone when Lyle arrives. Nevertheless, it is a great class coming in; and I like many cannot wait to to bundle up this Feb/March and start watching this team come together.

I had the chance to watch the championship game,

and the brothers had a few goals with some brilliant teamwork. Lethal and potent!

If I read correctly last week, I believe Miles and Lyle played on the same team as Ty for at least a year, before moving back and playing for Lafayette. With pickup games in the family and with the experience playing HS lacrosse together, All 3 should work REAL well together, even before stepping onto the UA field.

http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2009/11/19/recruiting-roundup-no-30-cathers-to-albany-cornell/

More big news out of Great Danes country. Inside Lacrosse #30 Young Gun Senior James Cathers, A, Corcoran, N.Y. has committed to Albany, according to a source close to the program.

Cathers’ commitment follows Albany’s big news earlier this week that No. 5 Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Senior Miles Thompson, A, LaFayette, N.Y. signed an NLI to play for the Great Danes, and that his brother, No. 1 Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Junior Lyle Thompson, M, LaFayette, N.Y.

Cathers earned our No. 30 spot after a strong spring, dropping 104 points for Corcoran. He also had a nice showing at the Under Armour All-American Underclassman tournament, helping Team Upstate make the championship game against Long Island.

at 6-0, 220 lbs., Cathers’ size will give Albany’s attack a different weapon to matchup with Miles and Ty Thompson (Miles and Lyle’s cousin from Salmon River who also signed an NLI this period).

Cathers’ a high senior, but it is not yet confirmed if a NLI was signed during the period or if this is a verbal commitment.

Awesome news! I think the Thompson's decision has already paid dividends.

In fact I know they are:

Miles, Lyle and Ty are even turning into recruiters before they put on the jersey. They're trying to get highly-touted players James Cathers of Corcoran High School in Syracuse and Randy Staats, who played for the under-19 years old Iroquois National team out of Canada, to commit to Albany as well.

"We all just know what each other plays like," Ty said. "I could see NCAA tournaments, and hopefully the final four."

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20091119/SPORTS02/311199944

Archived