UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Basketball 10

UA'08

Well I'm probably the first to have it so here is my mini-review.

Before playing the game, I was playing 09.

Dynasty mode/menus/recruiting as far as I can tell is EXACTLY the same as 09. Although the simulation speed is better I think and overall menu speed is better.

The ingame presentation from CBS/ESPN is AWESOME.

SEFCU Arena is a generic building.

Players are much better this year than in years past. Part of this is because the same engine used in NBA Live is used in this game.

Overall, I like this version better and I may actually play some of the games instead of simming and pretending to be a recruiter/GM.

Dynasty mode/menus/recruiting as far as I can tell is EXACTLY the same as 09. Although the simulation speed is better I think and overall menu speed is better.

Players are much better this year than in years past. Part of this is because the same engine used in NBA Live is used in this game.

Overall, I like this version better and I may actually play some of the games instead of simming and pretending to be a recruiter/GM.

how are the jerseys? they updated from 09?

how are the jerseys? they updated from 09?

Nope. And also, the roster is as messed up as last year. Wasn't Connelly number 33? Didn't he graduate? Tim is the starting PG. I haven't had any subs yet (going to to try to play with the settings).

I'm just glad they sped up the simulating. I got tired of waiting 15mins to sim a season.

Quick question on dynasty mode. You said it was the same...I remember in 09 it was REALLY easy to get top recruits. For example, I played as UA after 2 seasons I was getting all 5-star recruits. It was borderline too easy, since afterwords I basically won every game since the rest of the teams in the AE arent too good. It took a lot of fun out of it. Did they change that at all???

Also, I remember in 09 that the best players on mid-majors were their freshman recruits. For example, Lindfors was the highest-rated player on UA, and the best players in the conference (ie Blakley) never made the simulated all-conference teams. Did they manage to fix that??

Quick question on dynasty mode. You said it was the same...I remember in 09 it was REALLY easy to get top recruits. For example, I played as UA after 2 seasons I was getting all 5-star recruits. It was borderline too easy, since afterwords I basically won every game since the rest of the teams in the AE arent too good. It took a lot of fun out of it. Did they change that at all???

Also, I remember in 09 that the best players on mid-majors were their freshman recruits. For example, Lindfors was the highest-rated player on UA, and the best players in the conference (ie Blakley) never made the simulated all-conference teams. Did they manage to fix that??

I didn't notice any of this. I haven't completed a season yet. I only played like 10 minutes.

Archived